Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

i give the bengals draft five bags of popcorn and two bags of soda

I rate it three Mims size coneys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ravens picked up oweh's fifth year option

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
13.25 mil cap hit for that 5th year. They basically had to do it at that price. Oweh is the Ravens best rusher and they don't have anybody else that's even close right now.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

13.25 mil cap hit for that 5th year. They basically had to do it at that price. Oweh is the Ravens best rusher and they don't have anybody else that's even close right now.

lord knows if we let him go into this year as the last year of his contract he'd instantly blow up, have a career year, double digit sacks, etc. and immediately price himself out of baltimore. we've seen that song play out enough times that i am willing to say gently caress it and take a risk.

if they can work out an extension he might not even have to hit that cap number anyway, plus the cap continues to grow endlessly etc.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oweh and Bateman being drafted back to back is so interesting. Obviously, Oweh has been the more productive player, but both guys have this wild dynamic of obvious potential that hasn't been realized three years in. And I don't mean potential like they're big/strong/fast guys who aren't good at football. Advanced metrics show Bateman gets elite levels of separation and Oweh has a crazy high pressure rate. They pass the eye test too. Still, in both cases, their talents just haven't translated to the important counting stats.

Ginormous leap years happen. Brandon Stephens and Justin Madibuke took those kind of steps last year for the Ravens. And neither of those guys ever looked the part quite the same way as Bateman and Oweh. It would make a lot of sense if one or both of them evolved into star players. That said, it's hard to imagine after 3 straight years of being less than the sum of their parts.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
What's Bateman do to pass an eye test? I just see him being one of the worst ball adjustment guys I've ever seen except that one catch against Arizona

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he can read every line on the chart

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

What's Bateman do to pass an eye test? I just see him being one of the worst ball adjustment guys I've ever seen except that one catch against Arizona

Have you seen Creed you just have the assistant WR coach tap on his head. 1 tap = A, etc.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

here's bateman's cap hits

yeah that's reasonable

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
10 cents is too high of a cap hit for him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think 10 cents is too low. a perfectly fine 6th wr and person for going up against onside kicks is worth $325 of the cap to me

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://x.com/NFLFrascella/status/1786046367950926231

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I thought we already knew this guy was a hack?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It was reposted else where fwiw

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sharknado Slashfic (Football)

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

link me the actual sharknado slashfic then

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40069320/coordinator-eyed-justin-fields-steelers-returns-warren-says "fake news"ing ESPN

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Montez Walker is going to be using #81, dude might have saved his career with this move

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I feel like every ravens receiver ever has been number 15 or like….37

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Now checking in, in his 22nd season……number 65…..lee Evan’s!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
With the 245th pick, in the 2025 nfl draft, the Baltimore ravens, select, their new starting wide receiver, NUMBER 43……..Moses Anguinus! University of Catonsville Tech!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah right

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

There's no university of catonsville

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bethesda culinary

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

There's a Lincoln Tech in Columbia. Funny enough there is some sort of technical school in Catonsville.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

howard community college is also in columbia. used to tutor calculus and stats there. i remember a lot of nurses using it as a supplemental school for nursing courses or something

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

howard community college is also in columbia. used to tutor calculus and stats there. i remember a lot of nurses using it as a supplemental school for nursing courses or something

I went there for a few semesters like 20 years ago. It's got a pretty big nursing program

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

I went there for a few semesters like 20 years ago. It's got a pretty big nursing program

its a nice school. it genuinely made me think that if i accidentally had some kids that i'd recommend they do 2 years there and then transfer into wherever they want to finish. this was also compounded by me going to lehigh and going insane over how expensive it was

but lets be real, you go to college so you can party and make friends or learn that you do not want to party and you'd rather post online for 20 hours a day. that there is some hypothetical education is completely ancillary

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

i've never seen a guy so loving good at pass rushing but also never be able to actually tackle his loving guy. its pure wizardry watching him rip thru a line and somehow not tackle the quarterback is pure wizardry

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Bethesda culinary

Please don’t besmirch my Alma mater

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m really excited to watch Ravens and Steelers football this year (and most years)!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not me. i want them both to win every week because we're in love

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

People keep talking about AFCN incest these days like it's a problem

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

somewhere ryan shazier is diaper walking into an early grave

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
If there’s one thing I know about Ryan shazier it’s that he is actually lowering his head and diving into the grave at maximum speed.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im in a polycule with the bengals 53 man roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Jim lippincott came by at 5:30 am to tell me Trey feels neglected because I’m picking up time with Jamaar because you’re spending so much more energy on Germaine since the breakup with Orlando, and Dax doesn’t think it’s ENOUGH anyway he told me we were evolving our relationship to just fans