Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acems
May 8, 2019

finally, a new thread. maybe one day i can have 60 pages of posts in here too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acems
May 8, 2019

at least falcon guy cant steal any more posts from the old thread, only the new thread

acems
May 8, 2019

i just wanna know why people are doing literally anything while waiting for test results

acems
May 8, 2019

how did i only just learn im taller than abbott

acems
May 8, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol the state has failed and a loving sports franchise needs to step in and fill the gap.

i wasnt gonna get the vaccine but this really changed my mind

acems
May 8, 2019

just realized i can fit a surgical over my elastomeric's exhaust port. now i can actually wear it guilt free. its at a point where im willing to look like a freak if it means i can go in to get a drink while outdoor sitting with friends and not worry

acems
May 8, 2019

acems posted:

just realized i can fit a surgical over my elastomeric's exhaust port. now i can actually wear it guilt free. its at a point where im willing to look like a freak if it means i can go in to get a drink while outdoor sitting with friends and not worry

also another very important update regarding my neighborhood bar: they did not refill the bar nuts after they ran out.

acems
May 8, 2019

inferis posted:

went to a bar last week with my friend who was in town and sat outside with them not drinking or eating and never taking my respirator off like an absolute psycho

i will take it off while outdoor sitting with my local friends, so now only they can kill me.

acems
May 8, 2019

delta has made dates very weird. its like interviewing someone for a pod. a high stakes cuffing season, racing against time for those who would like to safely suck and gently caress

acems
May 8, 2019

wait wait don't sneeze on me

acems
May 8, 2019

https://twitter.com/proud_shooter/status/1350619893088063490?s=21

acems
May 8, 2019

lol nate tweeting about the local colleges where nobody followed rules last year. last spring semester was responsible for our largest covid wave in the county. love it.

there are 5 of them, too! love it. glad i moved out of the college town corridor.

e: these restrictions expire september 13 anyway. as the semester goes on i can post some student meltdowns about restrictions though as i do some outreach w current students.

acems
May 8, 2019

nate unironically looks like an amherst grindr dude trolling for college rear end. i could boot up the app and find 10 of them eager to suck my duck, gently caress, and tell me that covid is over

acems
May 8, 2019

Covok posted:

Here is the thing that I don't get. I went bald too so I cut my hair hyper short so the bald top has as much hair as the sides. Most people can tell but it looks leagues better and professional. Why keep your hair long when your widows peak has crashed into the harbor and is negoitations with the back of the skull to buy out its property?

exactly! of all the ways to look, why would he choose to look like... that

acems
May 8, 2019

btw, we have a local Sign Guy. his name is phil. i want to watch him and nate fight.

acems
May 8, 2019

skewetoo posted:

What's his username?

well thanks to my elastomeric i can ask him next time i'm in that area.

one time phil had a sign calling a local landscaper a satanist whore because she was on the city council and tried to stop him. in the fall (likely as i type this) fresh faced 18 year olds debate him. this is a fool's errand, of course. you can't even laugh at phil. he just laughs with you. honestly he's unstoppable.

thanks to students sucking and loving he is a negligible threat to the public health of the town in the scheme of things, tho

acems
May 8, 2019

Foo Diddley posted:

and just when the gently caress was that? at what point did we do any contact tracing at all

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/12/in-new-york-gang-sweeps-prosecutors-use-conspiracy-laws-to-score-easy-convictions/

acems
May 8, 2019

on the bright side maybe the ivermectin side effects will keep these chuds home

on the other hand i wouldnt be surprised if one walked into applebees half blind to drink $1 margs and poo poo out their intestinal lining in the bathroom

acems
May 8, 2019

Thoguh posted:

Chuds making GBS threads themselves at Applebee's sounds like a funny outcome so I support it.

cant they spread covid that way

acems
May 8, 2019

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I just crack pinged over the very obvious fact that I had failed to process until now. People are paying to get fake vaccine cards when the actual vaccine is completely free, and probably easier to get.

but also you cant suck and gently caress for 6 weeks after your first shot so its faster

acems
May 8, 2019

mod sassinator posted:

lmao this is one of seattle's biggest testing sites, and it's the day after school just started. hmmmmmm huge line of cars getting tested right now. lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusWA/comments/pgoo1p/crazy_long_queue_at_aurora_testing_center_today/

i can appreciate the need to trick oneself into thinking people get tested before trtaveling

acems
May 8, 2019

for a brief second i found a little comfort in the new england graph spiking slower, then i remembered schools in my town opened yesterday lmao

acems
May 8, 2019

mod sassinator posted:

throw kidney issues and damage on the pile of poo poo covid and long covid can do:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/science/new-kidney-problems-linked-long-covid-loss-smell-may-be-followed-by-other-smell-2021-09-03/

really cool and good that the world has decided we're just going to live with this thing now

im a big ol' idiot but i must know: if my kidneys are what filters mdma and poo poo out of my bloodstream but they're functioning at like 70% efficiency will it last longer

acems
May 8, 2019

this winter i’ll finish the yakuza franchise. then i will go back and do all the substories. god help me.

acems
May 8, 2019

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Find a really cool online social thing to do. Doesn't matter if it's D&D or a video game or whatever. Find something you're honestly interested in. Look for something that goes weekly or a couple times a week. That way you have something to look forward to, cool pals to talk to, and an easy way to break the ice to make those pals.

I'll seriously second this. I joined a once/twice weekly hobby group last year and ended up meeting my partner through it in addition to a bunch of straight up real friends. we played werewolf. give it a shot :shrug:

acems
May 8, 2019

we're like 3 weeks into the semester and my county has skyrocketed to being the worst in Mass. the slight dip at the start of the month is from the labor day reporting delay.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTs-lT1g8iS/?utm_medium=copy_link
this event wasn't included in our monday spike but lol can't wait to see how we're doing next monday. lmao.

e: only one other person i know is at all aware this is happening, and only because i told them. i feel like im going insane.

acems
May 8, 2019

https://dailycollegian.com/2021/09/umass-explains-covid-19-expectations-and-protocols/

UMass explains COVID-19 expectations and protocols posted:

However, those who are vaccinated and in close contact with someone who tests positive “do not need to quarantine but are asked to wear masks and test regularly,” said Blaguszewski in an email on Monday.
Blaguszewski also clarified the policy regarding class attendance for those who have had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Students are expected to attend classes “unless they themselves test positive,” he said.
If a student has tested positive for COVID-19 and has attended a class, the professor should not cancel class. Instead, “class can continue as planned.”

lol
lmao
lmfao

acems fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 18, 2021

acems
May 8, 2019

i’ve started to pressure all my friends to get boosters. i will not shut up about it. gently caress the fda.

acems
May 8, 2019

went to the farmers market this morning. 100% masked. there was a free covid testing stand and a ton of people were doing it just because it was available.

that’s kinda cool to see

acems
May 8, 2019

empty whippet box posted:

went to the farmer's market yesterday with my wife, thousands there. we saw maybe 3-4 masks. Wherever you are, I'm jealous

e: it was outdoors, at least

e2: saw a lady with an 'arrest fauci' shirt on

don’t be too jealous, then state university 15 miles away is requiring vaccinated close contacts to go to class unless they test positive themselves (they are required to go while waiting for results)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acems
May 8, 2019

my area is doing better, despite college kids who want to suck and gently caress. thankful for that.