Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Namtab posted:

I think that anyone who is broken enough to still obsess over the original backronym should find literally anything better to think about

Must be nice to live a life where you can just choose to not think about rape existing while you sit in a forum with rape in the name.

Rename the forum to We Got Rid of the Pedophiles But We Kept the Rape Apologists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

VEGETA was always what I supported. Sticking to ADTRW has always been stupid.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rape isnt in the name, the name is adtrw.

Spiritus Nox posted:

so how broken are the people who are so attached to the backronym that they throw a tantrum any time somebody suggests that its kinda lame, incidentally

Me? Very.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Who are you even talking about. Shouldn't you do some quotes to point out who exactly is the strawman you are pearl clutching about.

e: oh lol it's pewds

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Let’s be real, nobody is going to call it anything other than ADTRW regardless of what the name is actually changed to. It’s like when IHOP tried to rebrand as IHOB.

Why not just keep rotating between ADTRW acronyms like before? Altruistic Duwang Teens Righting Wrongs during DU was great. Otherwise:

Srice posted:

Keeping it as ADTRW without any acronym would be good.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My thing is like, if you're so attached to the acronym, making a fit about the specific abbreviation comes off as a ridiculous line to draw. Just make the hard break already or stop making this thread annually only to end up deciding to keep ADTRW anyway.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the important part of the op was getting the wholesome part gone. vile word!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

this. lets not get distracted from the topic at hand.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
every now and then the term 'wholesome direct' pops up in my head and i crack up

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
cult-rear end word

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i remeber one of the people working on the wholesome direct comparing people making fun of the word 'wholesome' to israel droppign bombs on palestine

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lol

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Just call it ANIME and figure out the acronym later

or

Plutonis posted:

Astolfo Drawings To Replace Women

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I blame Strange Quark for this

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got what I wanted so I wash my hands of this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

I got what I wanted so I wash my hands of this
topic locked?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I don't give a poo poo what the forum is called, thank you for considering my nuanced and valuable feedback.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

just call it The Anime Subforum and ban anyone who tries to start an interminable hand-wringing discussion over the name for the umpteenth millionth time, i dont understand why this is always such an interminable discussion

drat guess i suck

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Acronym Discussion Tedious, Rename Webforum

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

y'all would kick rear end at Acrophobia

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

My thing is like, if you're so attached to the acronym, making a fit about the specific abbreviation comes off as a ridiculous line to draw. Just make the hard break already or stop making this thread annually only to end up deciding to keep ADTRW anyway.

I think Strange Quark made this thread in a brilliant tactical move to preempt the inevitable qcs thread that always comes up whenever this forum is in the spotlight

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

4head move. Squark for mod.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

rename the forum the stairmaster containment zone

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Edit: wrong thread

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Davincie posted:

Aesthete Daimyo Treasuring Rare Wares

Thanks for reminding me to rewatch/read Hyouge Mono. Fun times.

Anyway, yeah call the subforum whatever. "Anime forum" would probably be the best, personally I've got no patience for the SA habit of obscure in-joke names. People are still gonna refer to it as ADTRW unless the new name is catchy as hell though.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

V
E
G
E
T
A

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Friendly Users Talk Anime

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

long subforum name was easier to click

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
call it aaaaannnniiiimmmmeeee

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

DisDisDis posted:

Friendly Users Talk Anime

Kramering in to quote this

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i would like the ADTRW acronym a lot more if it changed every couple of months instead of once a year. it doesn't have to be a good acronym as long as no bad one sticks around too long. no particular attachment to those letters but i'd kinda rather keep them than just make it The Anime Forum or something.

if we are going to move away from ADTRW i would most prefer VEGETA. in fact a rotating list of popular secondary/rival anime character names sounds best to me

unfortunately i don't think this forum will ever have a name as good as Batman's Shameful Secret

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

if we are going to move away from ADTRW i would most prefer VEGETA. in fact a rotating list of popular secondary/rival anime character names sounds best to me

Voting BAKUGO for new subforum name

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

What if it was like FYAD or BYOB where you had the acronym and then an unrelated phrase or tag line that changes every once in a while?

It’s much easier to click
“ADTRW: Donald Rumsfeld has made it to the other world check-in station” than just “ADTRW”

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Anime
Helps
Entertain;
Gundams
Are
Outstanding

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gaijin
Otaku
Kayfabe
Utena

Real
Anime
Nerds
Memorize
Akagi

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku's Dancing Pants

We're done here

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

just change the thing already!

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
the only thing i will accept are touhou soujin song titles. no puns, no acronyms, no references. you can click on the subforum named help me, erinnnnnn!! like an adult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I believe Astolfo Drawing to Replace Women was the thread consensus