Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I started reading the Nethack manual for IZGC and thought of Bicyclops for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Aston posted:

I started reading the Nethack manual for IZGC and thought of Bicyclops for some reason

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Aston posted:

lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Nap dream, don’t remember anything else about it but at the very end I was walking out of the E3 convention center carrying bags full of unlabeled NES cartridges, not really looking where I was going. Alex Jones grabbed me by the shoulders as I was trying to walk past, got in my face and screamed “Who the hell is running that house? God is in there and he’s freakin everyone out!” And I said “well I guess it’s god then” without stopping, and he looked pissed off & embarrassed and I heard his little entourage of dudes start laughing at him behind me

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dreamed Sub finally seemingly lost his mind and posted in the Game Club thread that he'd finally calculated everyone's "Mario 64 scores" based on a Mario 64 challenge over a year ago. He said he had tried a few ways to auto calculate/complete this but none of them had worked to his satisfaction, so he had spent weeks putting together a dizzyingly detailed spreadsheet (I was a bit confused as to how comparing everyone's Mario 64 stars had been this much of an effort, but I shrugged it off as something I wouldn't really understand unless I was the one doing it).

He said that this was just "for fun" and obviously didn't count for current Game Club leaderboards but he would go back and retroactively add the scores to the 2022 winners. He said this had taken him 2000 hours and described it as his "January 6 moment".

I carefully read the last few pages of Game Club after waking up because it seemed entirely plausible that most of this had actually happened

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Dreamed Sub finally seemingly lost his mind and posted in the Game Club thread that he'd finally calculated everyone's "Mario 64 scores" based on a Mario 64 challenge over a year ago. He said he had tried a few ways to auto calculate/complete this but none of them had worked to his satisfaction, so he had spent weeks putting together a dizzyingly detailed spreadsheet (I was a bit confused as to how comparing everyone's Mario 64 stars had been this much of an effort, but I shrugged it off as something I wouldn't really understand unless I was the one doing it).

He said that this was just "for fun" and obviously didn't count for current Game Club leaderboards but he would go back and retroactively add the scores to the 2022 winners. He said this had taken him 2000 hours and described it as his "January 6 moment".

I carefully read the last few pages of Game Club after waking up because it seemed entirely plausible that most of this had actually happened

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

upsetting how believable this is lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lol sub never disappoints

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmao

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmaooo

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

103.7 yes! A new pb

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looking forward to something awful making another big splash in the news when someone has a dream about being murdered by lyle and is found two days later cleaved in twain.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
had a dream I was in gran turismo and my break pedal fell off and I couldn't break and the car kept accelerating faster and faster because the gas pedal also fell off and I got a call in my headset saying I better not crash the car because I would owe 100 thousand dollars and then I looked at the gas left in the car and it was 100% full and the course I was on was absolutely filled with twists and turns and I started in cry in the car lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bro that dream is an obvious metaphor for your gambling and crack addictions lol. hope you eventually find your brake pedal, so to speak.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

had a dream I was in gran turismo and my break pedal fell off and I couldn't break and the car kept accelerating faster and faster because the gas pedal also fell off and I got a call in my headset saying I better not crash the car because I would owe 100 thousand dollars and then I looked at the gas left in the car and it was 100% full and the course I was on was absolutely filled with twists and turns and I started in cry in the car lol

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

bro that dream is an obvious metaphor for your gambling and crack addictions lol. hope you eventually find your brake pedal, so to speak.

actually I just bought a brand new car and have been doing 130-140 on the highway at night around here so I thought that may be it.... if I was addicted to something I wouldn't be able to stop at any time like I can now.... ya know?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

tmfc posted:

mind your own loving business

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

actually I just bought a brand new car and have been doing 130-140 on the highway at night around here so I thought that may be it.... if I was addicted to something I wouldn't be able to stop at any time like I can now.... ya know?

hell yeah. keep on keepin on :cheers:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

as your sponsor i advise you to party like you're here for a good time, not a long time

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

fair and that sounds incredibly sick, enjoy

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

fair and that sounds incredibly sick, enjoy

:cheers:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

live life to the fullest and enjoy all the crack :cheers:

you never know when you're going to get some not great news from doctors about your lifespan, after, say, they take eight vials of your blood and a cheek swab to check for the 5T allele, since they know that you already have the 508 deletion and you didn't do so well on the sweat and breathing tests they administered, so they just have to wait for the insurance pre-authorization to come through, which could take months. haha. anyway i may have some hosed up dreams.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

live life to the fullest and enjoy all the crack :cheers:

you never know when you're going to get some not great news from doctors about your lifespan, after, say, they take eight vials of your blood and a cheek swab to check for the 5T allele, since they know that you already have the 508 deletion and you didn't do so well on the sweat and breathing tests they administered, so they just have to wait for the insurance pre-authorization to come through, which could take months. haha. anyway i may have some hosed up dreams.
Ah poo poo man. Hopefully it's not too bad but I can imagine it's just something that will hang over you. My friend recently found out her kid has a weird genetic issue that can lead to all sorts of problems, but also so many people have it and never find out that they can't even guess as to whether or not anything will develop

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the good news is that if i have this, it will probably be the thing that kills me, but it sounds like it'll be like... when i'm in my 70s, which is when most people die anyway, lol. i was expecting the worst-case scenario to be "don't plan on retiring," but i guess it's probably not that bad. we already know that neither of my kids have it and i live in the best city in the world for treatment for this. it sucks, but it's not the ticking clock death sentence i expected going in, so i feel like i gained twenty years back.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

20 years more gaming ftw :cheersdoge:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s epic to know what will kill you. That’s why I drive a motorcycle.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

the good news is that if i have this, it will probably be the thing that kills me, but it sounds like it'll be like... when i'm in my 70s, which is when most people die anyway, lol. i was expecting the worst-case scenario to be "don't plan on retiring," but i guess it's probably not that bad. we already know that neither of my kids have it and i live in the best city in the world for treatment for this. it sucks, but it's not the ticking clock death sentence i expected going in, so i feel like i gained twenty years back.

Ah that's not bad at all, good to hear even though it's still lovely news. That's the best way to look at it I think, I'm in a similar boat and it's like, well, either I die of this expectedly at a good age or... something else gets me first lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yeah? Well I've got an itch in the spot between the thigh and the balls. We're all going through some poo poo.

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig