Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

Mario in the first dream... all is well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao I forgot about wompa lompa leap and now I have the song stuck in my head

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 3, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

had a dream last night where you play a minigame as haruka where you have to bathe babies. it was really hard. you had to use the shoulder buttons to switch between four different bathtubs, the D pad to select an area, and the buttons to select what to do. the babies were hideous looking, floating on their backs in the water, and they kept pooping in the bath, like laying tiny turds, making everything worse. haruka had a "motivation" meter and if you ever hosed up, it would go down and she would get slower. when the meter got low she started crying and the sound of it really upset me. it transitioned somehow into me washing the babies and everyone was yelling at me to hurry up, but the babies kept making GBS threads in the baths, sending me back to square one, and nobody would lend a hand, they just kept yelling that we were going to be late.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i was worried he had waded too far into one of the politics forums for a minute.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm not even going to try to make the gregory smash 'shop because someone will beat me to it lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

ty

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thwomp is to whomp as link is to lonk

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

who put the thwomp in the whompa-a-lomp a lomp
who put the dong on the wompa-lompa-leap man

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

had a dream that I had contracted COVID and I had some kind of new ultra-vaccine -resisant strain, so I had to go into Ultra Quarantine for at least a month. being sad or frustrated would make the symptoms worse and last longer, so they asked if there were things that would keep me happy in isolation and I immediately asked for all my video games.

i realized I had a medical directive to do nothing but game and fired up Yakuza 5. then I realized I could game for even longer if I did all the frustrating things first, so I chucklingly walked right to Stilj to knock off the completion metrics for pool. I was playing as saejima and losing pretty hard, absolutely getting tilted and laughing like everything was going according to plan, feeling a mix of rage and glee. saejima kept saying "isn't there something better I could be doing...?" and finally I said "you know what, he's right. Pachinko!" a disapproving looking nurse walked in and said "I know what that means, you know" just as I was waking up.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

...and starring Jon Haugen as Bob's brother!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

in the middle of a stressful dream about some family drama, I'd agreed to go on a booze run for an upcoming family gathering, but my wife had the car and the order was more than I could carry a long distance. a friend of mine who does voice acting offered a ride if I would go to an audition with him as moral support.

there were a bunch of people in a conference room playing some kind of board game and when I asked if this was where you waited to audition, they said yes. an ex of mine who I get along with was there, and she showed me that there were some slots in the table with "character cards" you could read to prepare a little. it was clear from the cards that it was for a video game, some kind of 4X thing. my card was for the Celtic god of war (I neither know who that is not do I remember what his name was in the dream). finally, they were ready for people to start auditioning, and they had me and my friends go first because we were.the only ones not goofing off with a board game.

they started me off with what they called an "icebreaker," to do Super Mario. I gave them my best Super Mario and they nodded at each other like "hm, pretty good." then they had me do Luigi, and I did my best Luigi, and they nodded approvingly again. "okay," they said. "now what if there were a THIRD Mario brother?"

I thought I would freeze for a second, but I said "it depends, what does he look like?" they were clearly ready for this question, and showed me a guy in a brown cap and overalls who was tall like Luigi but fatter. his head was really small and his cap was covering most of his face. he was grabbing the cap with both hands trying to pull it up and his hands obscured the letter.

I had no idea what voice to do, so I just opened my mouth to see what would come out and did what I can only describe as Professor Farnsworth doing a Mario impression. it sounded horrible. it was not a good combination. the auditioners went wild, and the director handed me a brown cap and said "congratulations, Super Roderigo." everyone applauded. I was torn because this seemed like a great opportunity, but it also seemed like I was going to singlehandedly kill super Mario and possibly Nintendo itself with the worst voice acting in the world. I woke up feeling very upset.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

puzzled but delighted that so many imp dreams are specifically about Mario’s voice

I think it's a combination of how delighted Charles martinet is about being Mario and that thing where anyone who has done comedy at some point has had relatives hear them Do Voices and then gets told they should do voice acting. of course we know that's not really how it works but I, at least, secretly dream of Being Discovered and becoming the next Billy West.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

happy belated 35th to the entire Mario bros. family

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wow! Great ending, but we're still waiting to see who Mario's mysterious twin brother is! Can't wait to play as that guy in an upcoming Nintendo game.

i'm right here, i'm still right here. mario? can they hear me?
/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Luigi extremely excited that he's going to rescue one of the famed Super Mario Brothers in Mario Galaxy, but then he's disappointed when he discovers it's just Luigi.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Forfot to wrote this down so ill do it bow before i forget:

I was on co puter and for some reaso jack daniels posted if anyone remdebered a certain video/game/gif and it was so full of typos noone had any idesa what he meabt.
It was something like this:

"Anyodne hage tjjar pigvute of tbat crazy birf goibf amdbut lol judy freakung our in eh t sewmill :whatup: id u kbow :qfg: need it... Gor a prjiyect :D :g :D"

This reached outisde somwthing aqful and became an internatiobal sreach even my parents wree tryinf to decipher it.
What everyone seemed to agree is that it was about a bird freaking out in a sawmill. Many people poted birds in lumbre millds and woodworking shopsasking if it was it but jd would respond sayi g it wasnt it, addi g further information, each post more unintelligible than the last, but the repeition of certain worfds abd letters confirmed he wanted a bird freaking out in some lumber yard ofr something.

Finally some dude aho hadnt posted in forever comes out of bowhere going "here it is" abnd its a cuatom half life 2 map.
I boot it up and its a single squar eroom with ravenmholm buidling interior textutes, with a headcreab resized like 5 times as large, and it was flipping back and forthe berween beeing upsidfe down and normal in a fast flickery fashion ad if the source engine were glitgching. I try hitting it with a crobrwar (im in the game) and turbs out the hitbox rremains the same size so you have to get inside the model abd hit it a veru small space near the floor. When it dies the ragdoll freaks out and a white text apoears and says i unlocked a new partnrer. A rebel citizen spawns and says "dont forget to reload john" an di get so freaked out he knows my name i wake up

lmao at the grand international search to decipher a JD post.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Wow I wish I could remember or produce vivid dream sounds. I can’t remember a single one...

it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

I dreamed that somebody here posted an image that everyone was emptyquoting and the thread it was in was instantly goldmined. The meme seemed to be a picture of SpongeBob looking at a piece of paper, then the second part he was showing the piece of paper to the camera. The second part was taking forever to load and when I finally started to see something on the piece of paper my alarm went off. This is going to haunt me for the rest of my life

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

can't believe how many classic imp memes you managed to fit into that bottom picture.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this dream needs some background:

just after college I had some roommates who played call of duty. I don't know which one and have never played myself. my understanding is that their team name could be 4 letters, and theirs was "!GAY." one of them had picked it to mean "not gay" when he was younger, but he kept it because every once in awhile he'd end up against some evangelicals who thought it meant they were excited to be gay, and they would lecture everyone, get distracted, and lose really badly. they were, apparently, pretty good at call of duty.

they were one person short of a full team, I guess, so they played with one pubbie usually. I may be getting the details wrong here, but I think the teams were four people? two of them lived with me and there was a third guy they knew who lived nearby, I want to say. one day they got paired with a guy whose handle was "BigWilly" and some numbers and he played well enough that they offered him a spot on !GAY. they started calling themselves Big Willy and the Gays on team chat. they'd sing a little song to the tune of Benny and the Jets when they were doing well.

in my dream last night, there was some loud knocking at my front door, and when I opened it, it was nicholas Brendon. he was clearly drunk and said that he'd been knocking on doors everywhere, but nobody was answering. he was trying to run from the cops (someone had dared him to throw a bottle at a cop car) and needed a place to hide.

I felt bad for him so I let him in and my wife clearly didn't like the idea. apparently my dream brain confused him with Matthew Perry, because he was trying to win my wife over by saying stuff like "oh come on, we'll have fun! could I be any more Zander?" he was really excited I had a PlayStation 4, but he kept saying all the games that I had were "baby poo poo" and he wanted to play something competitive. he downloaded call of duty and logged in and, lo and behold, he was Big Willy.

I told him I'd been roommates with the Gays and he got really excited that he could finally meet "the f***" he'd been playing with for a decade. after he dropped the slur, my wife really wanted him out of the house, and I tried explaining that I really hadnt kept in touch with my ex roommates, but he insisted that this was the opportunity of a lifetime. over team chat, he told them he was at my place, and in moments, my old roommates were at the door. apparently, they'd never left our old apartment, and it was pretty nearby., and they'd never stopped playing call of duty. I don't know how they knew where I lived, but that didn't seem to matter to the dream logic. what did matter is that my wife was absolutely furious that even more people were coming over in the dead of night.

And they'd brought beer. Nick cracked one and started crying like a weepy drunk, saying it was so good to be with people who knew him as Big Willy and not as Zander. one of my ex roommates was also really drunk and started crying too, apologizing to me, saying how sorry he was about the breakup I went through (he had nothing to do with it). my wife finally shouted "everyone get out of my house!" and the gang sheepishly gathered their beer and headed for the door.

the second they got outside, the police were shouting at Nicholas Brendon that he was under arrest. my drubk ex roommate said that they'd never take big Willy and the Gays alive, and there were gunshots. I understood that some of the shots were coming from my ex roommates and their celebrity gaming buddy, who were returning fire at the cops. the bullets started coming into my house somehow and i was trying to dodge them when I woke up.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spiking posted:

just had a dream that my friend and all his groomsmen + me were in desperate need of help to 'prepare' his wedding. No one was sure who to call and everyone was getting really upset, when my friend said "Should we call Wario, or Bob?". I don't know who the Bob was referring to but it made sense in the dream. We decided to call Wario and one of the groomsmen 'called' him by using some kind of wrist-gauntlet power rangers type communicator. He instantly came burrowing up through the floor like a mole, and launched into a huge explanation of how hard it was for him to get here, I.E., he had to fly in a helicopter all the way across the pacific, he had to ride with a caravan of traders through the Sahara desert, etc. I was very skeptical of this in the dream since he INSTANTLY popped up after we hit the communicator. We all told him relax Wario, you don't have to explain, we understand, we like you, at which point he went dead silent, then said "Very nice" and started doing the dishes.

lmao, i can't tell if wario was part of the wedding party or if he's just some pooka everyone knows about who's cursed to do manual labor.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

last night i had a dream that i was home alone - my wife had taken the kids out to visit her family to give me a break. i'd stocked the fridge with beer and i was just going to kick back, play video games, watch tv and relax by myself. i went to the kitchen to get a beer out of the fridge and a Flan Princess () from final fantasy 4 was in my kitchen. it looked kind of goofy and badly put together, sort of like a half-assed muppet crossed with a blancmange from that one monty python sketch, a really low budget monster, but somehow that was even more unsettling. it had a voice a lot like Droopy Dog, and it was very polite, constantly saying things like "good sir" and "i wonder if you can find it in your heart." it said it hadn't meant to startle me but that it was terribly thirsty and wanted to know if could spare it one of my Gatorades. i gave it one and it tossed the whole thing into its mouth. it kept apologizing for being a bother and asking for more, tossing anything i gave it into its huge mouth and then making a few up and down munching motions. i gave it more gatorades, some seltzer, and a quart of lemonade. then it asked if it could have some ginger ale, and i apologized, but told it that those were my wife's.

"oh, not to worry at all," it said, and it gave me this big smile, but it seemed like a mean smile somehow. it just sat there, grinning at me for a minute, and i wondered if i should just go back to the living room. it was really unnerving just standing there in silence across from it. suddenly, out of nowhere, it said "i killed your ex, you know." it should have felt silly because of how ridiculous it looked and sounded, but i knew somehow that it will telling me the truth, that my ex who died a few years back of myalgic encephalomyelitis had somehow gotten sick because of this thing. "your college friend too," it said (a friend from college recently died of ovarian cancer). "also your grandmother. pretty soon i'm going to kill your stingy wife." i got furious and reached to throttle the thing and just came up with a handful of pink blanket. i threw the blanket on the floor and started crying. the dream logic seemed to forget my family was away, because my son came in carrying a blue blanket. "it's okay daddy. you can have this blanket," he said, and when i looked at it, the Flan Princess face was on the front, laughing a kind of low chuckle. i screamed myself awake.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmao in horror at the dream but can I ask how your ex died of chronic fatigue if you don't mind? didn't think that was a thing and my girlfriend has it lol

heart failure is what's on the death certificate i think, but there were a lot of other problems, including a lack of health insurance, a bout of homelessness, and a history of self-medicating with alcohol. don't worry about your girlfriend. my understanding is that a huge part of the problem with CF/ME is that it can sort of make a person invisible because they aren't able to get out and socialize, so that your girlfriend has a supporting partner is a big step up from what was going on with my ex.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thanks, i'm doing okay, just dealing with some normal COVID fatigue and apparently my brain is having a normal one with it, lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

i watched it 15 years ago and don't remember a single thing. now what

it's pretty hard to forget some of the scenes in that movie if you know what i mean. awooga!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

it reminded me a lot of the moon from the melies film:

lol. meiluigi

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

had a long dream that went a lot of places, but at one point i was playing a version of Hitman where you had a Portal Gun in your arsenal and i was having a blast using it to drop potted plants onto guards to knock them out, teleport them into locked rooms and confuse the hell out of them in the process, etc.

this sounds kind of awesome

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

obviously she got the money from the millenium tower incident and he was supposed to spend the money to achieve his dreams.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

Had a dream I was playing a new 4x game that was like civ but it was all monkeys. Like all the gameplay was nearly identical but all the units and world leaders and advisors were all monkeys and would occassionally pop up with text boxes saying "ooo eee eek" or other monkey stuff. I remember being really delighted with it and thinking about how I could kick everyone's rear end since I was the only one who realized this was just civ but with monkeys. When I got to a certain point in the game though suddenly it took me to a screen inside the monkey senate building and told me to "Customize your senator" so I took a long time looking at all the monkey hairstyles and monkey suits before confirming, at which point the camera moved over slightly to the next monkey in line and a little bar filled up saying I had successfully customized 1 out of 278 monkey senators at which point I got really angry and woke up.

you're just describing Spore

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dreamed i was sitting across from akiyama and the offer was for 100 million (dollars not yen). i told him that honestly, i would probably just use the money not to have to work, that i'd spend a lot more time playing video games and that i'd travel some when my kids were older. he seemed to think about it for a long time and decided that was a worthy dream. apparently, when he'd been homeless, he was "the champion world of worldcraft player" and that he regretted not having as much time for video games anymore. for my test, he wanted me to spend a single night at a cabaret club, and told me i was getting off easy. i walked out and i was already happy because i was in sotenbori, and it was beautiful, walking along the river. i thought about all the places i would get to visit, how there would be no more worries about money, how i could buy a bigger place. dance battle women were everywhere along the street. the bridge looked amazing in person. when i got to the club (it was the Grand, but i didn't recognize it until i woke up), the attendant said he'd been waiting for me and took me to a huge table toward the front of the stage. there were two guys already seated, and they were some awkward kids that i was friends with back in elementary school, and i figured, "oh, okay, this is the real test," but that i was up to the task of dealing with it. they were happy to see me and embarrassingly loud about it. majima came up off the stage in a white tux with two lines of women behind him, and they all took a big bow just like in the cabaret club mini-game, and that was when i realized that all eight of the women were ex-girlfriends or old hook-ups and that they were all smiling malevolently.

the dream actually went on for a long time and all of them were airing out grievances and talking to each other in graphic detail about every single thing we'd done together. my two elementary school friends were just hyena laughing the whole time, but not at me, it seemed like it was more of a nervous tic. at some point a ninth woman, the prom queen from my high school, joined, just so that she could laugh at my whole situation and hear a bunch of embarrassing stories about me. finally, mercifully, in the background of one of the horrible monologues, one of my awkward old friends ordered a gacha drink and when he opened the little ball, a spring came out into his eye and his screaming startled me awake.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

He protested for a minute but then just kind of looked sad and started nodding quickly and stepped back a few feet so he was in partial darkness. For some reason he stayed visible in the corner of the screen looking dejected while the Direct continued.

After a while, a cutscene started that showed that Luigi had inhaled too much of the black tar and couldn’t move anymore. The mini game had been so intense that I had honestly forgotten he was following me the whole time. Mario grabbed his hand and yelled “I’ll come back for you!!” Luigi fixed him with this intense, bitter stare, slapped his hand away, and in a voice that made it clear that he thought Mario had always wanted him dead, said “No you won’t. Not for Luigi” as the tar swept him away.

lmfao at these two parts in particular

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

unnerving to see shiggy stare back at me with my own eyes....

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ol yeller posted:

short one but i was playing new super mario bros with stone cold and he sucked really bad and kept dying over and over and eventually i got up the nerve to say "hey Steve this game might not be for you" and he stood up to say "...maybe not" but, anticipating an attack i stood up at the same time and hit him with the stone cold stunner out of nowhere. then he pulled a gun on me from out of nowhere and said "nobody hits the rattlesnake and lives" and i woke up to all my sheets and blankets all over the floor

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the old wooga horn cars are extremely funny to me because preposterous French nobles with names like Count Gaston de Chasseloup-Laubat had intense racing rivalries that captured the attention of france so thoroughly that the michelin brothers were like "do you want to get run off the road like that belgian, or would you like to join the compte himself at one of the many fine dining establishments rated in our guide? you need a car with our incredible tires to get to most of them, hon hon hon!!"