Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Ive currently got Montgomery as my second flex but Bears play against the Rams and I really don’t want a repeat of Ezekiel Elliott giving me nothing yesterday

Who of these guys on my bench would you start? Or should I stick with Montgomery?

.5 PPR Yahoo standard scoring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
10 team, Half PPR
Pick a flex. I get two, but Thielen is staying.
M. Davis @Phi
J. Williams @Det
T. Boyd @Min
J. Landry @KC
C. Beasley @Pit

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Standard scoring. My flex options:

Kenny Golladay (DEN): Bad team, shaky QB, no time to establish rapport with shaky QB, recently injured.

Michael Pittman Jr.(SEA): Bad team, shaky QB, no time to establish rapport with shaky QB, unproven.

Unfortunately Indy has the early game so I probably won't know if Saquon is sitting when I have to make the call. My gut says Pittman but the experts say Golladay.

This is also the league where I'm starting both Chubb and Hunt so it's gonna be a ride.

Cat Hassler posted:

Ive currently got Montgomery as my second flex but Bears play against the Rams and I really don’t want a repeat of Ezekiel Elliott giving me nothing yesterday

Who of these guys on my bench would you start? Or should I stick with Montgomery?

.5 PPR Yahoo standard scoring

My hunch is that one of the others will go off, but good luck picking who it will be. I'm relatively conservative on opening day, but I'd stick with Montgomery.

Forceholy posted:

10 team, Half PPR
Pick a flex. I get two, but Thielen is staying.
M. Davis @Phi
J. Williams @Det
T. Boyd @Min
J. Landry @KC
C. Beasley @Pit

Same thing here. The Eagles aren't the Bucs. I'd go Mike Davis.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Kenny G is a top WR talent so if he's healthy I'd give him the nod.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

0.5 ppr

Pick one

Jeudy @ NYG
Cooks vs JAX
Golladay vs DEN
Jamarr Chase vs MIN

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

RCarr posted:

0.5 ppr

Pick one

Jeudy @ NYG
Cooks vs JAX
Golladay vs DEN
Jamarr Chase vs MIN

Jerry Jeudy. As a Broncos fan, I think Sutton is better but Jeudy is the slot guy so I think he'll see more action with Bridgewater at the helm. Just my gut. I wouldn't trust Cooks or Golladay at all right now because of their QBs. And Chase had the dropsies in preseason so I'm not sure if he cleaned that up yet.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Okay now do me

0.5PPR, pick one

Tee Higgins vs Min
Robby Anderson vs NYJ
Courtland Sutton @ NYG
Laviska Shenault @ HOU

I can see an argument for all of them. I'm just not sure who has the best one.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sitting Tee Higgins after examining the Vikings defense. It isn't the same as last season.

But I'm starting Mike Davis over him, it may not apply to the guys you have

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Okay now do me

0.5PPR, pick one

Tee Higgins vs Min
Robby Anderson vs NYJ
Courtland Sutton @ NYG
Laviska Shenault @ HOU

I can see an argument for all of them. I'm just not sure who has the best one.

I concur with Higgins.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

I'm sitting Tee Higgins after examining the Vikings defense. It isn't the same as last season.

But I'm starting Mike Davis over him, it may not apply to the guys you have

This is actually for my WR2 spot (which I realized I should mention next time!). I'm running Taylor/Davis/Sanders in my RB and Flex.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I concur with Higgins.

Thanks for the sanity check

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

RCarr posted:

0.5 ppr

Pick one

Jeudy @ NYG
Cooks vs JAX
Golladay vs DEN
Jamarr Chase vs MIN

I'm going Cooks here. Despite a meh QB he really seems like the only target.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And when Cooks inevitably gets a concussion my shares of Nico Collins pay off

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
.5 PPR need 1

Juju @BUF
Shenault @HOU
Elijah Moore @CAR

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I have no idea what to do with RB this week. started Godwin already. my RBs in contention, non PPR are Barkley, Najee, CEH, and Mostert. For the remaining WR spotI've got to choose between Kooper Cupp and Robinson. who's the odd man out with one flex? I can start 3 RBs and Robinson or 2 RBS and both of them.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'm starting Najee, CEH (browns CANNOT handle the run) and even part time Saquon could put up 20 in standard. In your shoe's

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Picking from WR2/3s seems like more of a crap shoot than usual somehow.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Mike Evans killed me and now it’s making me overthink all my matchups.

0.5PPR

RB 2 I need to start either:
Edmonds @ TEN
Henderson vs CHI

Flex I currently have Woods vs CHI

Other options include:
Ty’son Williams @ LV
Deebo @ DET

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
What *are* people doing with Saquon today? Is this a DSYS situation or are people waiting a week? He's such a high draft pick but the injury would give me pause.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Reports say he's good to go but I don't have him so I don't know.

Nevermind, "to be used sparingly"

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 12, 2021

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

shirts and skins posted:

What *are* people doing with Saquon today? Is this a DSYS situation or are people waiting a week? He's such a high draft pick but the injury would give me pause.

SportsCenter saying not to expect him to play all that much since they also play on Thursday

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Sitting here tempted to galaxy brain and start Trey Sermon

But then I read don't sit your studs. And I remembered how many times a stud running back was banged up and going to get limited use so I sat him and then he scorched the earth on my bench.

Not today, Satan.

I'd rather lose this week starting Saquon but having a new gem on my bench in Sermon than lose this week sitting Saquon while he goes off and smacking myself in the face all week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have a 0.5 ppr league with 4 bench slots.

I currently have OBJ in the flex, but he plays at 4:25 and the two other players I can slot in are James Conner and Mark Ingram, but they both play at 1pm.

Do I start one of them over OBJ, or do I wait to see if OBJ will play, and if he doesn’t, drop a bench player to grab and spot start Donovan People’s-Jones as a last resort?

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

kiimo posted:

Sitting here tempted to galaxy brain and start Trey Sermon

But then I read don't sit your studs. And I remembered how many times a stud running back was banged up and going to get limited use so I sat him and then he scorched the earth on my bench.

Not today, Satan.

I'd rather lose this week starting Saquon but having a new gem on my bench in Sermon than lose this week sitting Saquon while he goes off and smacking myself in the face all week.

I’d personally feel better starting Saquon and losing than getting too cute and having Sermon potentially put up the same or less. It’s a long season and everyone (myself included) overthinks Week 1

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
OBJ is apparently a game time decision and on probably on a snap count if he does play. My two alternatives play before him so won't be able to swap them in if Beckham can't play. PPR:

OBJ @KC
Brandin Cooks vJax
DJ Chark @Hou

Injured player or guys with new QBs. Leaning Cooks.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

RCarr posted:

I have a 0.5 ppr league with 4 bench slots.

I currently have OBJ in the flex, but he plays at 4:25 and the two other players I can slot in are James Conner and Mark Ingram, but they both play at 1pm.

Do I start one of them over OBJ, or do I wait to see if OBJ will play, and if he doesn’t, drop a bench player to grab and spot start Donovan People’s-Jones as a last resort?

That is tough. I would not start Ingram. I also wouldn’t start Conner just yet, he might be playing second fiddle to Chase Edmonds but he would definitey get more of a workload than Ingram this first week.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol welp

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1437077289049657347

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Am I crazy for thinking about playing Jalen Hurts over Russell Wilson? Normal scoring, 1pt/25 yards passing/10 yards rushing, 4pt passing TDs. Dunno if Russ is in DSYS territory, but the Atlanta D is a much better matchup than Indy.

I'm also trying to decide who to flex between Tyler Lockett, D'Andre Swift, DJ Moore, and I guess also Josh Jacobs. It's 1PPR. I'm leaning Lockett, does that affect the QB decision because I could have the stack with Russ? Thanks.

Quoting this because with Zack Moss being inactive today, I'm wondering if Devin Singletary would be a better option for that flex spot. I'm assuming no because he's going up against Pittsburgh, but he should have plenty of opportunities today.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Quoting this because with Zack Moss being inactive today, I'm wondering if Devin Singletary would be a better option for that flex spot. I'm assuming no because he's going up against Pittsburgh, but he should have plenty of opportunities today.

I think literally any of those options would be better than Singletary, Buffalo does not look like it wants to run the ball. I'd take Lockett out of that group but could be talked into DJ Moore. Kinda depends on whether you need volatility (Lockett) or a safer play.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Eh, it is a not favorable matchup and Allen can still steal TDs, I would still stick with Lockett or potentially see if DJ Moore can ever get a TD. Seattle always feels like either Lockett or Metcalf have a big game, and you just need to guess who will any given week.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I'm starting Mostert over Barkley today given the sermon news, the tnf game, and von miller

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Have OBJ in flex in my 1 PPR league, as others noted, he's a game time decision for 4:25

I can slot in Cooks or Marvin Jones Junior at 1:00 PM...

If not, I have like... Melvin Gordin to cover at 4:25.

I feel like MJJ might have a good game.

Any advice?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I'm starting Mostert over Barkley today given the sermon news

Probably should have been doing that even before the Sermon news.

Also, quoting myself just to see if there is any feedback, still kind of stuck on this one:

Pain of Mind posted:

Standard scoring, pick a flex:
Darrell Henderson vs CHI
DJ Moore vs NYJ

Leaning Henderson since RB have a higher floor typically, and I think Michel is JAG who should not take a ton of carries from Henderson (feel free to quote this when Michel out touches Henderson 20 to 9). DJ Moore could have a big game as well and has a favorable matchup, but I am not sure if he will need to. I guess Darnold might want to pad his stats vs his old team?

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Pain of Mind posted:

Probably should have been doing that even before the Sermon news.

Also, quoting myself just to see if there is any feedback, still kind of stuck on this one:

I'd keep Henderson. I think Robby is the WR to put up points for the Panthers early.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Full PPR
Sit Saquon for Damien Harris or James White vs Miami? I don't like it when my RBs are used sparingly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anyone hear of this guy before?
https://twitter.com/noisyhuevos/status/1437089924323368961?s=21

Sleeper just repeated the news, how puzzling.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 12, 2021

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

I think literally any of those options would be better than Singletary, Buffalo does not look like it wants to run the ball. I'd take Lockett out of that group but could be talked into DJ Moore. Kinda depends on whether you need volatility (Lockett) or a safer play.

Pain of Mind posted:

Eh, it is a not favorable matchup and Allen can still steal TDs, I would still stick with Lockett or potentially see if DJ Moore can ever get a TD. Seattle always feels like either Lockett or Metcalf have a big game, and you just need to guess who will any given week.

Thanks, just wanted to check. I think I'll stick with Lockett, I know he's extremely boom or bust, but Arizona's CBs suck and almost every site I look at is predicting a huge week for him. Feel free to quote this when he goes 3-37-0.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Felter Chesthard posted:

Full PPR
Sit Saquon for Damien Harris or James White vs Miami? I don't like it when my RBs are used sparingly.

I like Harris here.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Thanks, just wanted to check. I think I'll stick with Lockett, I know he's extremely boom or bust, but Arizona's CBs suck and almost every site I look at is predicting a huge week for him. Feel free to quote this when he goes 3-37-0.

You know he's playing Indianapolis, right?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Anyone hear of this guy before?
https://twitter.com/noisyhuevos/status/1437089924323368961?s=21

Sleeper just repeated the news, how puzzling.

He is/was a Yahoo guy. Or do you mean Jamaal Williams.

I'm not thrilled, but I think I'm going singletary of swift today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I'm starting Mostert over Barkley today given the sermon news, the tnf game, and von miller

lol at me