Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

These zombies are rogues and can hold their bodies together after attacking, decayed would actually be against flavor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Decays sucks. My zombies are turning sideways.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

For instance this is a little clunkier but a lot more powerful than the normal UB lists

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/GzEiuHLtQEuxTi4jhDZvmQ

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Sickening posted:

This card has been good.
I opened 2 in Prerelease and built a Rakdos Crime shell and didn't drop a single game.

Then I thought, hey, this would go well in my Zombies deck! Until I realised it contains almost no crime. Crime is weird.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There's a decent number of Zombies with etb/triggered effects that are crimes.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

MissMarple posted:

I opened 2 in Prerelease and built a Rakdos Crime shell and didn't drop a single game.

Then I thought, hey, this would go well in my Zombies deck! Until I realised it contains almost no crime. Crime is weird.

Yes. She is a very lovely zombie lord for anything but the zombies she creates herself. She does pump tinybones though and give them evasion.

Not a super fan of the once per turn thing but its on everything these days.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Sickening posted:

This card has been good.

I've been playing rakdos and now grixis crimes in standard, Gisa is great, tinybones and his enchantment is great, Marchesa is great. I haven't been so hot on kraevek though, it's much harder to get immediate value out of him, I'm down to just one copy. Magda is the secret MVP of the deck, she adds so much reliability. I haven't quite worked out my favourite list but it's really fun to play.

It's also funny that every version of it I've seen still run 4 copies of the stupid bat, sometimes it's the only non legendary creature in the deck!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

distortion park posted:

I've been playing rakdos and now grixis crimes in standard, Gisa is great, tinybones and his enchantment is great, Marchesa is great. I haven't been so hot on kraevek though, it's much harder to get immediate value out of him, I'm down to just one copy. Magda is the secret MVP of the deck, she adds so much reliability. I haven't quite worked out my favourite list but it's really fun to play.

It's also funny that every version of it I've seen still run 4 copies of the stupid bat, sometimes it's the only non legendary creature in the deck!

Kaervek is much better in eternal formats it turns out.

Huge fan of the uw pioneer mentor/Gerald deck.

Also 4-0’d the local modern weekly so I guess I’m out of retirement lol. (Also the new boots in hammer are great)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Grief flashing back Thoughtseize flashing back Fatal Push flashing back…

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

distortion park posted:

I assume you mean the bat with psuedo duress stapled on? Duress is an amazing effect that is helpful for any deck at any time, but committing 4x cards to it isn't very exciting. Throwing it on a little flyer for an extra mana, even if they get a chance to get the card back, makes it easier to slam into anything I think.

And thematically I have no problem imagining the same wizard who slams down a swamp to have a little swarm of mischievous bats accompanying them.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Mezzanon posted:

Kaervek is much better in eternal formats it turns out.

Also 4-0’d the local modern weekly so I guess I’m out of retirement lol. (Also the new boots in hammer are great)

There are no UB counterspells (that I could find at least) in standard at the moment which is a pity. Being able to turn your cut downs into counterspells would be sweet

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

distortion park posted:

There are no UB counterspells (that I could find at least) in standard at the moment which is a pity. Being able to turn your cut downs into counterspells would be sweet

Ertai Resurrected but it is expensive and draws them a card

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
In the case of crimes, the once per turn limitation they put on all of the payoffs meant they could print a million payoffs rather than only having one or two. It's not "man they won't let us do a cool thing" but instead "wow, they're making it so we get to do a different cool thing."

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I've been only recently getting back into playing (as in I stopped back in the 90s). I bought the Caesar precon and formed it into a deck that can actually win. Now I'm trying to mold Mr House into a fun dice rolling deck without spending a couple hundred bucks. Has anyone pulled it off? It sounds fun enougbt to try especially with how cheap he is (my very first deck coming back was Miriam and I never had thr card library to ramp to that fast enough)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TCGPlayer doesn’t even have a listing for the Fallout Mana Vault. It must be stupidly rare.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Mezzanon posted:

What's the list?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

reignonyourparade posted:

In the case of crimes, the once per turn limitation they put on all of the payoffs meant they could print a million payoffs rather than only having one or two. It's not "man they won't let us do a cool thing" but instead "wow, they're making it so we get to do a different cool thing."

It also lets them push them as value pieces without worrying about them all becoming combo pieces. Crime is widespread, unlimited crime could easily become oppressive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uncapped crimes would go infinite easier than Devoted Druid.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

TCGPlayer doesn’t even have a listing for the Fallout Mana Vault. It must be stupidly rare.

Its a product that hasn't shipped yet and they don't want to deal with sellers putting preorders up for product that they might not even receive. Its really smart.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Late, but here's an option for Gisa:

Takes a turn to take off, but it becomes repeatable after that. You just have to tap one zombie per turn. As an added bonus, you do some milling on the side? idk

Keep in mind I don't play Pioneer or Modern or what have you. Probably better at a slower commander table lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh that's a good one for Commander. As long as you trigger the first crime another way, that feeds itself.

Edit: Oh wait they enter tapped rip.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Oh that's a good one for Commander. As long as you trigger the first crime another way, that feeds itself.

Edit: Oh wait they enter tapped rip.

Yeah, that's what I meant about needing a turn cycle.

Could also go with stuff like Codex Shredder and Relic of Progenitus. Cheap stuff that you can reuse for no additional mana. It's not uncapped crimes, but they're "free" and easy. (and one feeds the other if needed!)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I know at some point I'm gonna throw together a crap Zombies deck for standard to go with my crap outlaws deck.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Trait doctoring's time to shine, lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

LegoMan posted:

I've been only recently getting back into playing (as in I stopped back in the 90s). I bought the Caesar precon and formed it into a deck that can actually win. Now I'm trying to mold Mr House into a fun dice rolling deck without spending a couple hundred bucks. Has anyone pulled it off? It sounds fun enougbt to try especially with how cheap he is (my very first deck coming back was Miriam and I never had thr card library to ramp to that fast enough)

Aside from stuff like the Ancient Dragons, most dice roll cards are relatively cheap. I got a House deck, Prof made a House precon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLGXBNInBE8), he's fairly popular!

After all, it's on the house.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

I know at some point I'm gonna throw together a crap Zombies deck for standard to go with my crap outlaws deck.

Can I see your crap outlaws list? I'm still holding off opening packs but tried making a crimes deck but lacked too many rares. Always fun forcing a new archetype though.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Pay 2 life or one black mana to commit a crime. Also nukes planeswalkers. Of course, it's a creature so it might get removed easily, but so is Gisa.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Unlicensed Hearse is a crime. A lot of graveyard hate is.

Blood Artist and Disciple of the Vault triggers are also crimes.

I'm trying to assemble a Gisa deck, so I have done a lot of research into crime.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just want to remind everyone that this exists and more people should enjoy it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Chamale posted:

Pay 2 life or one black mana to commit a crime. Also nukes planeswalkers. Of course, it's a creature so it might get removed easily, but so is Gisa.

Haha this card would be so fun against that one monoblack standard demon who loses the game if no counters. Never seen anyone lose that way.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Sickening posted:

Tonybones is as good as people thought it would be. TInybones, Gisa, and Kaervek all work together in this very awesome way. Kaervek especially being undervalued in being able to cast any spell or permanent at any speed you can commit a crime. I am currently running all 3 in pioneer wastenot and its very fun and at times very good.

That's awesome. Waste Not is the only deck I'm considering playing since I have the majority of the cards from overlap in modern and standard. I pulled a Kaervek during prerelease and picked up two more from my locals because it looks like it just slots perfectly into the list. I see how Gisa fits because you are committing so many crimes, but where did you make cuts to fit her in? I'm excited to hear Tinybones is performing but also disappointed because I only have one copy and they are going for $26 lol.

distortion park posted:

My friend played against this exact grixis list on Arena ladder a few nights ago while running temur lands. It sounds like a lot of fun. (Also, you should 100% run bat in that deck - always run bat, it's so good).

I'm bouncing between modern and draft right now. Prowess in modern is fun, but I'm most excited to try this Esper Re-scam-animator build that won the 64 challenge:

For some reason I don't own any Watery Grave so I have one en route (retro frame ofc). Can't wait for fnm.

It's great seeing cards from OTJ being played across all the formats - hopefully there are lasting impacts to each. Echoing what was said earlier, I really am excited to see some breakout decks at the PT this weekend.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

MonsieurChoc posted:

Aside from stuff like the Ancient Dragons, most dice roll cards are relatively cheap. I got a House deck, Prof made a House precon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLGXBNInBE8), he's fairly popular!

After all, it's on the house.

I managed to get the red and blue versions of the dragons in my box. I had originally bought a box to try to get all the origin characters from BG3 and instead got zero.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Khanstant posted:

Can I see your crap outlaws list? I'm still holding off opening packs but tried making a crimes deck but lacked too many rares. Always fun forcing a new archetype though.

Deck
4 Zoyowa Lava-Tongue (LCI) 245
4 Charming Scoundrel (WOE) 124
3 Stalactite Stalker (LCI) 122
4 Forsaken Miner (OTJ) 88
3 Vein Ripper (MKM) 110
4 Reckless Lackey (OTJ) 140
4 Vial Smasher, Gleeful Grenadier (OTJ) 235

4 Play with Fire (MID) 154
2 Mourner's Surprise (OTJ) 94
4 Prickly Pair (OTJ) 137

4 Blackcleave Cliffs (ONE) 248
4 Jagged Barrens (OTJ) 259
1 Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance (NEO) 276
1 Takenuma, Abandoned Mire (NEO) 278
7 Mountain (UND) 94
7 Swamp (UND) 92

Not even close to optimized as I threw it together in about ten minutes and didn't spend any WCs for rares. I played I think 4 unranked games and lost 3.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Blood Moon's back baby. It's blue now. Awoouu (merfolk Howl)

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

:hellyeah: I was just updating fish too

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Strong Sauce posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that. Magus is so much worse than blood moon!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why did they ban fury again?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I hope someone finds a way to jank that into a deck with boil/choke/carpet of flowers for big comedy.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

Deck
I played I think 4 unranked games and lost 3.

Thanks I think I have most of those too.

I play by the heart of the cards and never mulligan so 2 out of 4 games are just heartless games that don't count, making this 50% win rate deck perfect for an offmeta deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Strong Sauce posted:

:sickos:

Being a merfolk is so good too