Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That sounds sweet! Love Lupin, I'm just starting part 4 recently. Love the oldschool stuff, part 1 is a big fav.

On movies, I'd say most Lupin movies and specials are worth a watch. I especially like a lot of the specials towards the middle of the run, around 2000.

Sweet Lost Night, Angel's Tactics, Seven Days Rhapsody, Fujiko's Unlucky Days, Missed by a Dollar, Farewell to Nostradamus, Tokyo Crisis, those are a few more I'd recommend.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Can't go wrong with more Lupin. Episodic works for me, I think a mainly episodic show could still get buzz as well. I'm just happy Lupin is such a timeless groovy hit, so we still get more of the gang.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

There better be! We demand a steady stream of Lupin anime until the end of time.

Random Lupin tidbit: I learned that Funimation (via Discotek) has better subs for Lupin pt 2's episode 80-155 than Crunchyroll. How about that. I've been watching eps of that forever, still fun.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I still gotta see those! Also the latest couple TV specials. And latest couple anime series. And half of part 2, and 3. Mondo Lupin backlog, can't beat Lupin.

Ever jam out to Yuji Ohno? I have that Drive Groovin' Lupin album in the car rotation. Man he's got a lot of Lupin albums.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, I still haven't watched that City Hunter / Cats Eye crossover from a bit ago. A Lupin / City Hunter crossover was always a dream project to me.

Not big on the 3D character model animation here, or in general usually. Even with a big movie budget it doesn't look quite as good as the real deal, on a limited budget it just looks like, eh I guess I'm watching a let's play cutscene machinima compilation.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lupin is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I haven't heard anything, but I'm sure something will pop up. It's always cool to see how popular and prolific Lupin is, even though it seemed like such an underground thing here in America. It's nice when something unique that really rules gets to have this kind of longevity.