Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
RED CELL

We got camels

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Saudi Arabian fans chanted "allahu akbar" to the tune of "this is awesome" I would consider forgiving their head of state for his horrific crimes.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I think its new that they're letting the women refs work these events.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

How's the show so far

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

I think its new that they're letting the women refs work these events.

Are they also in neck to ankle bodysuits like the wrestlers

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Why bother having a woman ref? Like why bother? I figure that would break some rule.

Also with the bulky sweats under the ref shirt it look she's some kind of stunt double that is gonna be set on fire.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The liberalization of KSA is happening real-time.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

casual reminder to anyone even considering paying money to watch this thing https://twitter.com/WrestlingRhymes/status/1451119257908125699

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
drat, I thought it was going to be really funny if the blood money show didn't even get a gdt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Destroy My Sweater posted:

How's the show so far

Celebration of the human spirit and now a HITC match. I fed the cat during most of it so far.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Venomous posted:

casual reminder to anyone even considering paying money to watch this thing https://twitter.com/WrestlingRhymes/status/1451119257908125699

I haven't paid money to watch a wrestling show in like 5 years. Ain't starting now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Venomous posted:

Is it even possible to pay money for this?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I get Peacock for free :v:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

well, the Saudis sure are paying Vince a lot for this

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Don't watch this poo poo

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Network or peacock subscription

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
That was an awesome table bump.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

History Comes Inside! posted:

Are they also in neck to ankle bodysuits like the wrestlers

Basically but nothing on their head

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Intruder posted:

It's free to Comcast customers, and it's still not worth the effort.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

1glitch0 posted:

Why bother having a woman ref? Like why bother? I figure that would break some rule.

Also with the bulky sweats under the ref shirt it look she's some kind of stunt double that is gonna be set on fire.

I say it's an attempt to bring attention to their new clothing of pajamas with referee shirts on them.

...or at least that's what they'll start producing now...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edge brings the steps in the ring against an opponent whose finisher involves smashing your head into the floor

Gee, wonder how this match is going to end

AsInHowe posted:

It's free to Comcast customers, and it's still not worth the effort.

Yeah I have Comcast. Installed peacock so I could watch John Wick

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Intruder posted:

ok, whatever. Watch MITB 2011 or something

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Something I'm noticing, it seems to me that the woman ref was told to stand as still as possible in the corner and not really be active in the match.

She barely moves, does not admonish the men like other refs would do when they go to the top and what not. Seems deliberate.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh Edge why are you in Saudi Arabia?? :smith:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Le Saboteur posted:

Something I'm noticing, it seems to me that the woman ref was told to stand as still as possible in the corner and not really be active in the match.

She barely moves, does not admonish the men like other refs would do when they go to the top and what not. Seems deliberate.

Signs of being a good ref.

Admonish them in a no DQ match?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jubs posted:

Signs of being a good ref.

Not really.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
pedigree buried

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
spear buried

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Venomous posted:

well, the Saudis sure are paying Vince a lot for this

Buncha marks.

2 brutal bumps from Rollins into a table outside the ring and one onto the ring steps.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm sort of surprised that the Saudi crowd is actually paying attention to this.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Did they at least put genuine fans in front of the hard cam or can you still see a bunch of disinterested Saudi dudes just walk around not paying attention while the matches go on

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Pylons posted:

Not really.

The best refs are the ones you don't notice.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Seams posted:

Did they at least put genuine fans in front of the hard cam or can you still see a bunch of disinterested Saudi dudes just walk around not paying attention while the matches go on

No but there's a lot of "This is Awesome" chanting in unaccented English.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jubs posted:

The ref is a character as much as the wrestlers are.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Jubs posted:

I do generally agree that refs are way too visible in matches nowadays, its one of my few issues with AEW, but I'm more pointing out this ref in particular seems to not be reffing the match like she normally does and it seems deliberate.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
ring has a table, a ladder, a chair, and stairs in it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Seams posted:

Little bit of both. Don't know how much crowd noise is piped in. I don't know if a giant "This is awesome" chant in english really happens.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

They're not piping in chants.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

That's admittedly hard to discern in crowd noise.

Also is Vince just keeping an extra copy of a WrestleMania set and HiTC cage in Riyadh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Shout out to a KSA favorite - Mel Mudkiper