Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1783184983667978304

"We must perpetuate America's imperialism everywhere" - The d*mocr*ts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nitevision posted:

The emocrats

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

His brother stood up to Trump. Alexander Vindman.

heh I thought they were the same guy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Democrats definitely think TikTok will just roll over and sell to their buddies for pennies on the dollar, and I am not so sure that's a foregone conclusion. They very well could just shutter.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

The Democrats definitely think TikTok will just roll over and sell to their buddies for pennies on the dollar, and I am not so sure that's a foregone conclusion. They very well could just shutter.

They don’t need to shutter, the overwhelming majority of thier market is outside the US.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

They don’t need to shutter, the overwhelming majority of thier market is outside the US.

Yeah I mean shutter the US branch because it's not super important for ByteDance

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
The amount of fascism the Dems are doing makes trump era laughable. Like lmao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Brogeoisie posted:

The amount of fascism the Dems are doing makes trump era laughable. Like lmao

they managed to be even worse than the "we gotta be more racist" tweet. impressive really, in a way

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

mawarannahr posted:

heh I thought they were the same guy

They're identical twins. The other one, the one that did the thing with Trump, played himself on Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's very weird and they both seem like fame whores at best.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

They're identical twins. The other one, the one that did the thing with Trump, played himself on Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's very weird and they both seem like fame whores at best.

It was aggressively terrible too. Just the worst, flattest "cameo" from a dude who thinks he's a hero for something that 90% of Americans probably don't remember.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1783186070558933411

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

who is what's his name

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nichael posted:

who is what's his name

V*ldemort

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oh poo poo that guy is scary watch out. he's a violent lgbt activist according to the lore

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

PostNouveau posted:

my buddy works for Adobe and he admits that Bytedance's video editing suite is light years ahead of what they can provide to regular consumers.

like he did a side by side demo for his leadership and showed them that he could be deep into an editing project using their tool while still waiting for Premiere to open.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

sell it to donald trup

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tiktok being taken over by Truth Social would be funny

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is a pretty smart strategy, by othering leftists as perfidious Putin agents they can justify any kind of action they want while still pretending to be the left wing.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

President Putin, welcome to the resistance. I knew we could count on you to stand up for what's right.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

Tiktok being taken over by Truth Social would be funny

chinese-controlled disinformation to russian-controlled disinformation, you love to see it

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Democrats to pass a ban on eating glass, thousands of zoomers enraged.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sticking with the time honored Democrat strategy of trying to make their enemies sound way cooler.

Let's see how it works this time

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Retromancer posted:

Democrats to pass a ban on eating glass, thousands of zoomers enraged.

Let them eat paint and touch grass.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
This election is honestly a generational bag-fumbling contest. By rights, Trump ought to be 10 points ahead (and a generic Democrat would be like 6 or 7 points ahead of Trump - honest to God, I think even Harris would be ahead by like 2 or 3 at this point). By rights, neither of these people should come even close to winning a Presidential election in 2024. I don't mean "should" in a moral sense, either - I mean this is not something that ought to be statistically possible. An incumbent this decrepit, incompetent, and universally disliked doesn't win re-election. An almost-equally-unpopular guy up on dozens of felony charges doesn't win an election. It's just not something that happens. But somehow, one of them is going to win, because each candidate is running as though they'll get the rights to draft Victor Wembanyama if they lose.

"I'm gonna run for a second term even though I gave my word that I wouldn't, then ban TikTok, do absolutely nothing to end a genocidal campaign that I could stop with a phone call, piss off all my core constituencies, and tell everybody who's mad about having to spend their whole paycheck on groceries that they're lying about the economy not being great!" vs. "We're going to argue in front of the Supreme Court that the President can kill whoever he wants if he can think of a good enough excuse for it, right after our appointed justices hear a case saying women who get pregnant don't, strictly speaking, have a constitutional right to be alive anymore." DeSantis made a half-assed attempt to sell America on "I'll be just like Trump, but not under dozens of felony indictments," but succeeded only in making America realize that he is the biggest loving dweeb in the world.

It'd be fantastic entertainment if I didn't have to actually live in the world that results from it.

maruhkati has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Apr 25, 2024

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

maruhkati posted:

This election is honestly a generational bag-fumbling contest. By rights, Trump ought to be 10 points ahead (and a generic Democrat would be like 6 or 7 points ahead of Trump - honest to God, I think even Harris would be ahead by like 2 or 3 at this point). By rights, neither of these people should come even close to winning a Presidential election in 2024. I don't mean "should" in a moral sense, either - I mean this is not something that ought to be statistically possible. An incumbent this decrepit, incompetent, and universally disliked doesn't win re-election. An almost-equally-unpopular guy up on dozens of felony charges doesn't win an election. It's just not something that happens. But somehow, one of them is going to win, because each candidate is running as though they'll get the rights to draft Victor Wembanyama if they lose.

"I'm gonna run for a second term even though I gave my word that I wouldn't, then ban TikTok, do absolutely nothing to end a genocidal campaign that I could stop with a phone call, piss off all my core constituencies, and tell everybody who's mad about having to spend their whole paycheck on groceries that they're lying about the economy not being great!" vs. "We're going to argue in front of the Supreme Court that the President can kill whoever he wants if he can think of a good enough excuse for it, right after our appointed justices hear a case saying women who get pregnant don't, strictly speaking, have a constitutional right to be alive anymore." DeSantis made a half-assed attempt to sell America on "I'll be just like Trump, but not under dozens of felony indictments," but succeeded only in making America realize that he is the biggest loving dweeb in the world.

It'd be fantastic entertainment if I didn't have to actually live in the world that results from it.

It really is amazing that this election and the previous two have been between people near universally loathed.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

every election going forward is just gonna be “who do you hate more?”

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

VideoKid posted:

every election going forward is just gonna be “who do you hate more?”

spaceman meme "Always has been"

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Retromancer posted:

spaceman meme "Always has been"

I was excited and happy to vote and organize for Obama. Both times.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re each the only guy who could lose to the other one.

The best thing that could happen to either major party is that their guy doesn’t wake up tomorrow morning, and everyone knows it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

VideoKid posted:

Obama having anything to do with Hillary after the way she went after him in the primaries was the crack ping moment that switched me to voting third party.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It was really rich of Hillary to complain about Bernie damaging her on the national stage.

Even putting aside her own tactics in 2008, Bernie’s opposition was the most genteel thing imaginable, short of running fully unopposed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

VideoKid posted:

hosed up to have still been excited for him the second time IMO

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

maruhkati posted:

It's the death throes of empire.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VideoKid posted:

i can buy the first time but the 2nd concerning

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

yeah he got my vote in 2008 and that will likely be the last time I vote dem in the presidential election

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

HallelujahLee posted:

i can buy the first time but the 2nd concerning

I lived in a liberal bubble and we all thought that he was gonna actually do things his second term once he didn’t have to worry about an other election.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

2008 was the last time it seemed like an actual grassroots leftist movement could take root and all that energy got channeled into electing Barack Obama who immediately disbanded all of his organizing infrastructure and bailed the banks out.

Hell is too good for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Ytlaya posted: