Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yikes the gameplay in Peach Showtime is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Twilight Princess was designed for the GameCube, the waggle was tacked on when it got delayed long enough to be positioned for the launch of the Wii.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
did botw and totk have a long trading quest? i like the trading quests and want them back

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Steve Yun posted:

Yikes the gameplay in Peach Showtime is terrible

Tell me more, I was kinda interested in it.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
you play as a girl 🤮

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I wonder if there's any connection between steam deck buyers and kids who got game gears instead of gameboys for Christmas

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What is the Atari Lynx in this situation

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'll be honest I've never thought of the Atari Lynx until now

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sakurazuka posted:

Probably one of those Lenovo streaming devices.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

did botw and totk have a long trading quest? i like the trading quests and want them back

Not really, though BotW does have something kind of in the same spirit of a long-term game goal with Tarrey Town.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I wonder if there's any connection between steam deck buyers and kids who got game gears instead of gameboys for Christmas

I had both, but I played the Gamegear more. My brother usually hogged the Gameboy. So, possible, I guess?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Tarrey Town.

This scratched the exact same trading quest itch for me

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

It's not like the one in Link's Awakening but in botw you help build a town and it's great and wonderful and a guy who looks like a goofier Mario gets married to a babe.

Edit: extremely beaten.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sakurazuka posted:

msi claw

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

otter posted:

How is the control on TP?
Charmin has more control and an overall better drive, but Angel Soft is a solid second :dumbrim:
Scott's if you feel like going Mach 3 with your hair on fire.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Steve Yun posted:

I bought a 1TB and it’s still half empty

Nintendo better come out with some new games before they launch Switch 2

I bought a 128GB right after the Switch launch and never had an issue with space because I just uninstall stuff I'm done playing.

Though the Super Switch U boy 64 will hopefully have something like a 512gb NVME SSD for internal storage since Nintendo can probably get those for a comparable price to SD cards at this point and SD cards suck in comparison.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I bought a 128GB right after the Switch launch and never had an issue with space because I just uninstall stuff I'm done playing.
Yeah, I bought NBA 2K23 when it was on sale on the E-Shop for like 89% off and never realized it was like 20GB :aaa:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Xenomrph posted:

Tell me more, I was kinda interested in it.

So I only played the sword fighter segment but

Hitboxes for hazards seems unclear

Perfect dodging seems to have such a lenient window that Peach was perfect dodging even when I didn’t intend to, and the perfect dodge automatically counterattacks. It feels like the game is on autopilot

Might be targeted at really young kids who just want to whack bad guys and win

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 22, 2024

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Steve Yun posted:

So I only played the sword fighter segment but

Hitboxes for hazards seems unclear

Perfect dodging seems to have such a lenient window that Peach was perfect dodging even when I didn’t intend to, and the perfect dodge automatically counterattacks. It feels like the game is on autopilot

drat, sounds like you may have to put it on easy mode if it's that difficult for you

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Except the steamdeck is good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I wonder if there's any connection between steam deck buyers and kids who got iPads instead of Switches for Christmas

Ftfy

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Except the steamdeck is good.

And doesn't require 8 batteries or whatever it was that lasted for approximately one day.

The Nomad was cool though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

eightysixed posted:

And doesn't require 8 batteries or whatever it was that lasted for approximately one day.

the steam deck could only dream of only needing 8 batteries for a day's battery life

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

eightysixed posted:

The Nomad is cool though.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the steam deck could only dream of only needing 8 batteries for a day's battery life

Didn't say how big they'd have to be. Like a Prius.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Oh dear :ohdear:

I didn’t know it was that bad.
Yeah, I’ll stick with my Switch from 1776 and hope for a refresh sometime before the next pandemic.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Steam Deck gets a couple hours of playtime for anything mildly taxing.

I really want something like it but for now the Switch is perfect.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

eightysixed posted:

Yeah, I’ll stick with my Switch from 1776 and hope for a refresh sometime before the next pandemic.

It really depends on what you're playing. I can play Stardew on mine all dang day and the battery doesn't run out. :shrug:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

eightysixed posted:

It's not nearly as bad as some of the folks here are making it seem, but you'll probably get more accurate answers and less trolling asking in the Deck thread or more game-specific threads if you have a specific game in mind.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

eightysixed posted:

The Nomad was cool though.

the nomad was cool but also a conplete and total piece of poo poo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I was gonna buy a deck but then I tried to think of what I would play on it and came up with nothing. Between my PC and my switch there is no room for it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i use mine to play doom wads lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

you play as a girl 🤮

sorry, it's 2024, and Woke won... you have to play as a girl now :twisted:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Steve Yun posted:

like the game is on autopilot

I did just buy this for my toddler

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the nomad was cool but also a conplete and total piece of poo poo

True on both counts :)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Oh, another Nintendo System was just released. Doing dishes and then we have this update :haw:

code:
Ver. 18.0.1 (Released April 22, 2024)

- Fixed an issue where some wireless access points cannot be found when setting up a new wireless network.
- If you’re unable to update to Version 18.0.1 because of the issue, temporarily change the security settings for your wireless network to use only “WPA2 (AES)” so you can connect wirelessly to download and install the system update.
- After updating to Version 18.0.1, restore your network’s security settings to its previous settings.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
ah. I love stability. good poo poo, Nintendo. good poo poo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

wizard2 posted:

ah. I love stability. good poo poo, Nintendo. good poo poo.

That's normal for patch notes on any closed system. You can't just say something like "Patched exploit that lets people get root access by operating Switch upside down with the language set to French", because everyone with an unpat hed Switch will immediately start playing with the hot new exploit you just revealed to the world.

Also lol at managing to fumble wireless security that badly on a major update. (I'd be guessing someone just left a test key value in, or typoed a variable name).

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's normal for patch notes on any closed system. You can't just say something like "Patched exploit that lets people get root access by operating Switch upside down with the language set to French", because everyone with an unpat hed Switch will immediately start playing with the hot new exploit you just revealed to the world.

Also lol at managing to fumble wireless security that badly on a major update. (I'd be guessing someone just left a test key value in, or typoed a variable name).

yes. as stated, I am a fan of stability. :)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I have a functioning Nomad. Who wants it

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I'm curious, for people with both a Switch and a Steam Deck, if something comes out on both, how do you choose which to get it on? I was thinking of getting Star Ocean 2R on Steam Deck, which is my default system of choice, but I brought out my Switch recently and forgot how portable and how much better the battery life can be, and it made me think maybe I should be using it for more than just exclusives.
I use my Switch when I’m exercising on the treadmill and the Steam Deck for everything else. Also I agree with the cartridge takes, you never know the future and Steam might be vapor in a decade after it’s absorbed into some trillion dollar megacorp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

mdemone posted:

I have a functioning Nomad. Who wants it

Me.