Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They've been reading the thread...

https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/1782997904049004873

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Yeah moogles are cool but personally I've always been more fond of Tonberries.

I will not be answering questions regarding the FFXVI Tonberries.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FFXVI Tonberries ;-*

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I am also a big tonberry fan to the point that all the FF merch I actually own aside from Encyclopedia Eorzea is Tonberry-based

also I will defend the XVI tonberry

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Blockhouse posted:

also I will defend the XVI tonberry

You shouldn't.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tonberries don't need defending.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The best defense is a good stabbin knife

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Runa posted:

The best defense is a good stabbin knife

The Best Defense is where I flogged all my loot in Oblivion

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FF12 Moogles are incredibly great and should have been the playable Ivalice race in FF14 and I'm saying that as someone who will never fantasia away from Viera.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
They should make playable Seeq or Bangaa and see how few people play them.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
All Moogles Are Perfect

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I don't think the garif have ever been acknowledged outside of ff12 proper, which is a shame

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It would be pretty cool if you could recruit temporary guests like supinelu to be full guests after you finish their mission

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

I don't think the garif have ever been acknowledged outside of ff12 proper, which is a shame

Are Seeq and Bangaa playable in 14? I'm not surprised that Gria are only in FFT DS but it would've been cool for them to migrate over too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nope!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Tonbussy

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Seeq and Bangaa are not capable of being made into cute anime girls, so no, they are not in FFXIV.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well the Bangaa are in as enemies

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

wizardofloneliness posted:

I’m playing FF12 Zodiac Age on steam deck, which works great btw, and just got to Balfonheim, about 3/4 of the way through the main story. I just realized there’s a 2x speed button. So much time I’ve wasted…

Anyway, it still rules. I’ve never liked random encounters, so being able to just run past everything when I don’t want to bother is great. The story is kind of lacking but I like what there is of it, it’s just very weirdly paced. But it’s beautiful to look at and fun to play so it is a good Final Fantasy.

You can go into the menu to change that 2x speed button into a 4x speed button. Have fun zipping around!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

All Moogles Are Perfect

no

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Montblanc is perfect, and is my friend.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Montblanc is perfect in his final form, lying dead in a forgotten corner of a jagd.

e: 12 Montblanc is cool though.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well the Bangaa are in as enemies

More like as NPCs. Seeq also exist in XIV but now those are the ones who are mainly enemies. Gria got their echological niche usurped by Au Ra.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

FF12 Moogles are incredibly great and should have been the playable Ivalice race in FF14 and I'm saying that as someone who will never fantasia away from Viera.

XIV showed great disrespect to my boys Montblanc and Hurdy so I would not trust them with Ivalice moogles.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Aren't the loporrits p much ivalice moogles

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No theyre namingways

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

XIV showed great disrespect to my boys Montblanc and Hurdy so I would not trust them with Ivalice moogles.

There's an NPC you can talk to on the airship from the Ivalice Raids that basically makes fun of the Ivalice Moogle design.

It's hosed up...

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mega64 posted:

Montblanc is perfect in his final form, lying dead in a forgotten corner of a jagd.

e: 12 Montblanc is cool though.

FFTA Montblanc is a hosed-up interpretation of FF12 Montblanc. FFTA2's Montblanc is the actual Montblanc.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

There's an NPC you can talk to on the airship from the Ivalice Raids that basically makes fun of the Ivalice Moogle design.

It's hosed up...

Can't believe Matsuno would do this.........

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
They were right

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like the crystal chronicles moogles

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
IX is probably my favourite moogle game because they're present throughout the game and have a solid amount of personality. Most others they're just a momentary appearance. I think the only other mainline ones where you can see them across the whole game are maybe VI (by virtue of Mog) and XII. And I suppose technically XIII-2.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TA2 have the best moogles

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
TA2 moogles can't enter water tiles so they're at a tactical disadvantage compared to TA1

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

IX is probably my favourite moogle game

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know we're all (mostly all?) excited for Visions Of Mana to release this summer, but how are we feeling about Squeenix's new SaGa game, SaGa: Emerald Beyond?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Help Im Alive posted:

Aren't the loporrits p much ivalice moogles

Don't be fantasy racist, not all cute mascot races look the same

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6AXb2DNE4M

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Ah yes, time to do some Duty Finder!

*^song starts*

gently caress's sake!!! :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I mean, there's good reason he's not Great King Moggle Mog XII.