Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
This thread is really cool, I made a bunch of dorodangos last year from clay I found in a river, burnished and pit fired a few to various degrees of success. I'm going to make a big one again soon for a wood sculpture. I also picked up a pottery wheel, can't wait to get outside when it gets nice and throw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
That last shot is really really nice! Beautiful

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Holy poo poo that's so cool. You can really get some slick production going on with those dies

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Oops ignore

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Lareine posted:

Someone made a ceramics thread... loving FINALLY.

Bonus: Metallic Green from Minnesota Clay on Sandia Red from New Mexico Clay.

Dang I'm feeling the last one. How did you approach carving the pattern? Not layout that's easy enough

Does anyone else here pitfire stuff ever?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I love lurking this thread so much its so cool thanks for the huge informative posts and pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

ainda_ posted:

Hey y'all I recently had a mishap with a very pretty little thing I picked up at the local thrift store; it's a ceramic Madonna (as in an image of Mary not the singer,) that's sorta in the shape of a picture frame. It fell and broke when I tried to hang it (I should've known better than to trust command strips on brick even if it was advertised specifically for it,) and was wondering what were my options as far as repairing it went, and the particular method of it? I know just like super or gorilla glue would work if i just hold it together, it's a pretty clean break; but I might like to get a little extra with it. The thing itself is mostly blue-green, more green than blue, and with yellow-gold painted details. I was wondering if I say wanted to like paint in the crack itself if there was a particular way to go about that or what. I'll get pics later I just needed to post this before I forget I could ask goons. Thank y'all!

I've had decent luck repairing fine detailed stone or tile with thin ca glue. It wicks in tight cracks like crazy, hold it together for a minute and it sets but painting something sounds awesome to hide it. I've always wanted to do stuff like that