Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Hey y'all I recently had a mishap with a very pretty little thing I picked up at the local thrift store; it's a ceramic Madonna (as in an image of Mary not the singer,) that's sorta in the shape of a picture frame. It fell and broke when I tried to hang it (I should've known better than to trust command strips on brick even if it was advertised specifically for it,) and was wondering what were my options as far as repairing it went, and the particular method of it? I know just like super or gorilla glue would work if i just hold it together, it's a pretty clean break; but I might like to get a little extra with it. The thing itself is mostly blue-green, more green than blue, and with yellow-gold painted details. I was wondering if I say wanted to like paint in the crack itself if there was a particular way to go about that or what. I'll get pics later I just needed to post this before I forget I could ask goons. Thank y'all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Appreciate it y'all ty, I got pics now (they're lovely.)

https://imgur.com/a/SKLXEgH

Srry for imgur I'm not up on my photo hosting. On closer inspection the whole thing is made out of the kinda gravely material that covers the surface; also on closer inspection this would be a good excuse to get some of the dust off tho with the material I feel like a swab would not work very well. The back is some kinda felt and i guess i might have to tear it to fix it? If anybody knows what this stuff is called there's also some that's come off around the top right above her head, seems like there's a metal plate at the center of it so I might like to try and touch that up too.