Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

metallicaeg posted:

I think my perfect bike would be one of these with the 765. And cruise control. Maybe they'll put the higher power 660 from the new Daytona in it sometime.

The Daytona 660 is ostensibly a sports bike, which are intended to be ridden at full throttle at the top of the rev range. The Daytona 660 makes more peak power, but while comfort cruising down the freeway, the engine tune in the Tiger is going to be more enjoyable. I have not looked a dyno chart to confirm this, but I suspect it is true!! But yeah I think they should sell more bikes with the 765 engine, at least in the US market, where the 660 license tier doesn't exist.

I find the Tiger Sport 660 way more appealing than I care to admit. However, once you add in stuff like the color matched luggage and fog lights (crucial dad bike kit), it's almost as expensive as a GSX-S1000GT+ (and more than a Street Triple with soft luggage).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I love the idea of a triple, that said never having ridden one before, so that's a big part of it for me. There is one for rent in my area so I think I'll schedule a day or two and see how it works for me.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Had a triple in my 94 Geo Metro. Was not impressed

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

always wanted a geo tracker to careen around in

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
The mono seat on the Tiger / Trident was really weird when I rode one. But I'm a fat American so maybe if you don't have a fupa it'd be fine.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Did anyone on SA buy a panamerica

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I test rode one and enjoyed it. My brother has one, but he’s on the other side of the country.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Just tried out a Vstrom 650 with top and side hard cases, heated grips, and a giant adjustable windscreen. The luggage fit my backpack, change of clothes, lunch, and a large coffee from a stop before the office with room to spare, and absolutely soaked up an hour long commute each way then a polite jaunt into some twisties and back to cap off the day. Felt like I could keep going for hours still.

Is this how I get dadicalized?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Just tried out a Vstrom 650 with top and side hard cases, heated grips, and a giant adjustable windscreen. The luggage fit my backpack, change of clothes, lunch, and a large coffee from a stop before the office with room to spare, and absolutely soaked up an hour long commute each way then a polite jaunt into some twisties and back to cap off the day. Felt like I could keep going for hours still.

Is this how I get dadicalized?

Hey did you take my bike while I wasn't looking?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hey did you take my bike while I wasn't looking?
Thanks for putting the side cases on, those came in handy :v:

I don't know if this is a standard adv thing but the biggest issue I had was the seat was much wider than I'm used to. Does feel really top heavy when not moving too, but I'm sure that's partly one of the tradeoffs of hard luggage

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

What do you guys think about the multistrada v2

I want a v twin touring machine I think it would be cool

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I sat on one the other day and I think it felt really comfortable and looked really polished, but there's something about the styling or the silhouette that looks a little off to me, and I can't readily articulate what it is. I think it's the super short stubby secondary mini-beak that puts the headlights up above the lower beak.

But I mean that's just personal aesthetic preference.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 30, 2024

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That is literally every adv, none of them look good

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Most of them look awesome, sorry :cool:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

The vstrom 1050 is cool too and they have them for like 9000 dollars in cali

The Ducati reminds me of an older bike I saw in the 2000s or early nineties. but I can’t place it

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

A MIRACLE posted:

Let me introduce you to a little known brand named *sotto voce* "Harley Davidson"

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I am also very multistrada-curious, they are just not very cool but probably the most needs suiting bike for my commute.

It's that or a DesertX

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I would have checked out a harley by now but they closed our local superstore last year and fired a bucnh of people and now the closest one is like 4 hours away

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

knox_harrington posted:

I am also very multistrada-curious, they are just not very cool but probably the most needs suiting bike for my commute.

It's that or a DesertX

I ride one of the air-cooled multis and its uncoolness is a daily struggle. The sad realisation that it's aesthetically appropriate to my early 40s age bracket is only 80% ameliorated by how loving rad it is to ride. Way more up for idiocy than a dadbike should be.

My brief experience of the water cooled ones is that they're faster but less fun which, despite them being better looking, probably ramps up the feeling of old-man-ness when you average out what it's like to look at one and ride it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Water cooled being faster but less fun is true across the board for Ducati imo

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

there are some air cooled bikes I would love to tour on. #1 is the cb-1100 but honda only sold like 5 of them in america

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

A MIRACLE posted:

there are some air cooled bikes I would love to tour on. #1 is the cb-1100 but honda only sold like 5 of them in america

There are at least a couple of them for sale local to me. And it's a very good looking bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

A MIRACLE posted:

What do you guys think about the multistrada v2

It would actually be cool if they resurrected the ST line so we could have a comfortable, sporty tourer that doesn't have the downside of looking like an ADV