Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
I am also interested how this turns out for Echo! One of our cats has a small bald patch on his belly, maybe an inch across. It appeared last spring and has remained the same size and location since then. The skin doesn't seem to be irritated and he doesn't seem to be bothered in the least, everything else about him is normal and healthy young cat. He isn't over-grooming and his coat is otherwise very luxurious. He HAS gone on a couple of different foods since the summer, because we're troubleshooting some gastric issues in our other cat and feed them the same food for convenience, but he eats everything happily and the spot predates any dietary change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm glad Echo's condition is improving. For some reason, I find it a bit funny that cats can also get skin problems that respond to steroids, much like people do. It sounds like it was something with his immune system, but also stress could possibly make it worse? I hope the move goes well and the cats (and people) adjust quickly.