Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Never voted before, but this year had some good stuff even if I didn't play a ton of different things. So, here we go.

5. Cyberpunk 2077

Might be an odd pick given all the launch issues, but I genuinely enjoyed it. I played the PC version and didn't have as many issues as others, which probably helped. Overall, gorgeous city to mess around in and I've basically used it as a photography simulator for like 90% of my playtime, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all.

4. Forza Horizon 5

I don't like cars. I know nothing about cars. I don't even own one. But somehow, I have an entire game garage full of ridiculous expensive hypercars I will never be able to afford in real life wrapped with anime and goon vinyls. I haven't played a racer in years, but FH5 was just drat fun. My only real complaints were the bad networking issues at launch that kept people from really being able to complete certain things like the Arcades and a lack of customizable VS modes.

3. No Man's Sky

I only really started playing it seriously this year, but if you want a chill game to just go out and be a space trucker, this is the game for you. The patches are still phenemonal with each major updates, and it's really built itself to be well beyond its release. And they're rerunning events, so you can catch up on a few of the big-ticket items you might have missed. I went from zero hours to probably a couple hundred in just a couple of months once I got into it.

2. Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Just a gorgeous, wonderfully done little sleeper that looks like something straight out of a Dreamworks film. The gameplay isn't super difficult, but it's enjoyable. Everything about Kena oozes charm and while it's short, it might be one of the best games to get on sale out there. Seeing this win Best Independent at the Game Awards made me incredibly happy. It deserved it, 100%.

1. FFXIV: Endwalker

I don't play many games because I am usually just playing this one game a lot. EW was the perfect wrap-up to the current story and absolutely vaulted the game higher on my list of favorite Final Fantasy's. I cried, a lot, usually on stream, and now I get to watch other people go through the story and do it all again. And Soken truly is just next-level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Here's to another year of Games :toot:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Next year will be Vectorman's time to shine

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Wrap it up, folks. No games were released in 2021.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Catgirls are weeping right now. This is what you've done

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Kena not even breaking Top 75 is heresy ::argh:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Nice

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Highly enjoying the Kirbster Awards

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

What games we got left? Disco Elysium, Endwalker, Psychonauts 2, and what else? Who's the final loser to fall out of the top 5?

Metroid Dread, I would assume

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This is Pennsylvania's fault

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Woooo let's goooo

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5zyMLqYFr8

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Thanks Rarity and VG for another great year of Gaming! :toot:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Hit me with that #1 game probe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Current Status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Horizon is definitely Up There on my anticipated 2022 list