Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

5. RE Village: classic resident evil, decent action, some ridiculous bosses, if it has been third person and the mercenaries mode a better it might have been bumped up a couple of spots.

4. Psychonauts 2: a heartfelt story well told with some imaginative level designs and classic platforming.

3. Metroid Dread: more Metroid, doesn't do anything particularly new but it plays well, has fun, challenging bosses and controls well despite seeming a bit finicky at first.

2. Blue Reflection - Second Light: Gust have been on a roll lately in the zero to low budget JRPG space and BR2 finally perfected what they were trying to do with the original. Can't really put my thoughts into words on this one yet but I might come back to this later.

1. FF14 Endwalker: Not just a perfect capstone to a story started almost a decade ago, but one of the most life affirming and positive things I've ever played. Dungeons and bosses are fun and moon bunnies are cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

Endwalker wins that one too

They even gave Hoary Boulder a voice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jerusalem posted:

:same:

I'm sure there are helpful people out there and all that, but I can't relax/enjoy myself playing games if there are random other people involved, unless it's a close friend/partner and we're in the room together it just stresses me out. That's absolutely a me problem, but the brief time I spent loving about in WoW really soured me on any kind of MMO experience, it feels more like work than having fun.

As someone with similar issues, the anonymity of the the Duty Finder system makes it easy to pretend the other people are just AI's that occasionally type random crap into chat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Post your favourite 2021 game music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh8HmYBCVL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ArjCS80gQ

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 1, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The gameplay is basically the same as it's been since 2012, so outside of boss mechanics and job specific changes there's not much to really talk about?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bust Rodd posted:

Goons: “It’s not a MMO! It’s just like a regular final fantasy game, it doesn’t have ANY MMO BULLSHIT!”

This is the line goons keep parroting across all of games about FFXIV, and it is a boldfaced lie. There is stupid mmo bull poo poo clogging up your screen and obscuring your character and destroying your visual real estate literally from the moment the game “starts” by unceremoniously dumping your character in the middle of a big MMO hub city with a screen clogged with menus and chat logs. I’m not saying it’s a bad game, or even not a good game, but it is definitely 100% an mmo from the word go and anyone acting otherwise is sus!!!!

I don't remember hearing anyone ever say that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess playing it in the single dumbest way possible might remove most of the MMO bits

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Apart from FF13

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Since there nothing I really want out before the end of Feb I'll probably get True Colours, though I think the sale on it just ended. Been on sale more times than off so I'm not too concerned though lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thread should be closed on the last post of page 68

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only reason I didn't finish it first weekend because it took me two hours to log on every time