Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Another run with 6 legendaries. This belt is pretty good

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1375900/Swarm_Grinder/

Just came out in 1.0, it's... fine?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I wish the Halls of Torment devs would cool it with the "do a very specific solo run with a single weapon" achievements.

A pained lol at the Technician achievements being almost random in which items count as contributing damage. Wasted 5m+ damage from thunder crown for nothing.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The archer in Death Must Die isn't even close to the most broken character. Kront can wipe out anything in one hit using his dash talent.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jusupov posted:

Another run with 6 legendaries. This belt is pretty good

Oh man, I just found one of these too. Feel like I'm never gonna replace it. Annoying feeling like I want to swap it over to whatever character I'm playing.

And dang^ I need to make an effort to unlock some skill points on everyone else

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Horde Hunters continues to push on ahead with v0.6.3

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2178560/view/4188986596614816199

quote:

Mountain maps

Welcome to the treacherous snowy mountains! I had to rework the enemy AI a bit for this one to get the landscapes I wanted but I think it was worth it. It may be my favorite map thus far with a good amount of challenge. I hope you enjoy.

There's 3 variations of this:
Normal Mountains map
Stormy Mountains mission map
Endless Mountains map for leaderboard

Run modifiers

You'll notice new rune structures on most of the maps. Completing the quest you will be offered a run modifier to choose for your next run. I won't spoil what these are but I'm hoping you'll be pleasantly surprised what's on offer... Let me know if you think of any fun additions to it!

Terror in the desert

After watching the new Dune movie in theaters I just knew what the desert maps needed. Can you guess what it is?

Misc

Some bug fixes, QOL features and balance adjustments as usual. Take a look at the full changelog for more details.

Full changelog:

General
New Mountains map (+9 achievements)
New Stormy Mountains mission map (+2 achievements)
New Endless Mountains map
New Power-up: Energy - Character base energy charge
New Rune structures appearing on maps
Desert maps have a new resident terror lurking about
Enemies will get scared of the bear
Removed older leaderboard entries before the difficulty modifier changes
Added a distinct colour for items classified as "Strong" and "Weak". Also made the green & red arrows a bit larger on the info panel
Leader power-up max level lowered from 25% to 20%
Speed power-up max level lowered from 25% to 20%
Indication arrows (on top of elites, rabbit, water) are drawn on top so they don't get lost
Ginseng effect changed from 5x to 2x but lasts longer (12.5s to 15s)
Initial Church Healing cost lowered
Church Cleanse and Weaken prices depend on the enemy activity on screen
Church has a new buy option: Divinity (fires straight away)
Bandit Camp and Library multiplier scales over time (better early on)
Obelisks and Blood Moon can appear a bit sooner
Weighted Dice reroll amounts are randomised
Endless maps difficulty not as hard early on
Player invincibility timer is shown
Run mode is automatically toggled off when there's not enough energy for it
Tutorial (Training Grounds map) is simplified yet more extensive
Maps will start in a paused state while zoomed out
There's more blood and extra enemy hit sounds
Added Thailand and China flags to leaderboard
Added player movement sounds

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Just need to hit the legendary dragon blessing

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Keeper's Toll got updated again: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2002220/view/4218259360212018607?l=english

I'm generally liking the trajectory of this one, hoping it goes the distance

*gestures annoyed at Scarlet Tower and Return to Abyss*

Also very much looking forward to Halls of Torment hitting full release

Speaking of full releases, Nordic Ashes comes out in 1.0 tomorrow - I don't think they've done anything to change the stuff that bugs me about it, but it has a fire soundtrack, charming graphics, and an assload of content at this point

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i hit 100% cheevos in nordic ashes the other day so i am all set for 1.0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I gave Death Must Die a shot but the rate at which you get talent points seems absurdly slow to me. Does it speed up?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
DmD is pretty shameless about expecting you to do tens of runs per character for full completion, it seems. I guess you need to drop at least one formal health bar boss per run and winning an act is still 3 per 20 minutes.

I like it but a bit rough at times.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I gave Death Must Die a shot but the rate at which you get talent points seems absurdly slow to me. Does it speed up?

bosses in the second stage give 2 points instead of 1

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

D-80

https://i.imgur.com/ZMySbJN.mp4

I later nearly one-shot the boss at the end.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The switch from perks to talents in death must due is annoying but I can deal with it. The more annoying poo poo is how they split up all the stuff into casts, strikes, powers, and attacks and they all scale off different buffs/stats

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Really enjoying Tiny Rogues though I guess that's more of a roguelite than a VS-like.

Got a Steam Deck so I may attempt Halls of Torment once more.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2068280/view/4210378060875703848

lol they added masteries, cuz you weren't strong enough already, and dashing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

adding a universal dash this late is kinda crazy, wasnt expecting that. excited to check out all the masteries when i get home later. i should probably have at least a couple dudes fully leveled automatically.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the hint for unlocking the new character is very obvious and i instantly knew what to do from reading it so that was nice. his gimmick is everything is random like missing but you choose the random bits at level ups instead of the whole constellation just being randomly generated at the start. more like making a build in VS itself. not super exciting but its ok i guess. kind of crappy at the very beginning because you have zero rerolls or bans without some levels in his perk tree.

the perk trees overall seem fine. they arent giga-powerful but there is some nice, noticeable stuff beyond % increases in most of them.

im so used to playing the game without dashing that i kind of forget it was there most of the time. it works i guess. feels like the game has been designed without it so its not really necessary but its there if you want it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

D-80

https://i.imgur.com/ZMySbJN.mp4

I later nearly one-shot the boss at the end.

What's your Tree look like? I grabbed the node that's like, "Gain Attack Damage/Area while not attacking" but it doesn't seem to make my Dash Explosion any bigger :confused:

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Awesome! posted:

the hint for unlocking the new character is very obvious and i instantly knew what to do from reading it so that was nice. his gimmick is everything is random like missing but you choose the random bits at level ups instead of the whole constellation just being randomly generated at the start. more like making a build in VS itself. not super exciting but its ok i guess. kind of crappy at the very beginning because you have zero rerolls or bans without some levels in his perk tree.

the perk trees overall seem fine. they arent giga-powerful but there is some nice, noticeable stuff beyond % increases in most of them.

im so used to playing the game without dashing that i kind of forget it was there most of the time. it works i guess. feels like the game has been designed without it so its not really necessary but its there if you want it.

Another thing to note is the points you gain upon leveling up can't be used to increase the level of relics, nor can you freely use Ascension crystals. Ascension options show up as you level if you have Ascension crystals, but that might not be useful if you were trying to save them for an ability you didn't have yet. This also means you can freely use the points for stuff in the level, including purchasing new relics, or converting to gold in the shop.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Sab669 posted:

What's your Tree look like? I grabbed the node that's like, "Gain Attack Damage/Area while not attacking" but it doesn't seem to make my Dash Explosion any bigger :confused:

Maybe he has blessings from the uhhh rupture god that increase dash area

I maxed out and got all the achievements for the mage, archer, and knight, gonna start on kront tonight

I have 2 full pages of uniques in my item box in Death Must Die and I have exactly one that is better than any random tier 2 mythic and I think it's only because it's also mythic, an axe for kront. Is this typical or do I just have poo poo luck? Or are most meant to be be bad/jokes? Like one is a dog paw that gives bonus damage to cats and another is a lamp that has a lazy genie so it has zero stats/bonuses and since the genie is lazy you don't even get a summon

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

There's a god blessing that grants you power area, that boosts it even way higher than what you saw in my clip. I have a chest piece that grants area though.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Maybe he has blessings from the uhhh rupture god that increase dash area

Even though Kront's dashing, it's a Power ability so dash area won't affect it. It's all general area, attack area, and power area.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

I have 2 full pages of uniques in my item box in Death Must Die and I have exactly one that is better than any random tier 2 mythic and I think it's only because it's also mythic, an axe for kront. Is this typical or do I just have poo poo luck? Or are most meant to be be bad/jokes? Like one is a dog paw that gives bonus damage to cats and another is a lamp that has a lazy genie so it has zero stats/bonuses and since the genie is lazy you don't even get a summon

This is best in slot though

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm still trying to collect all the unique items so I've been running D-30 Lorien with the Farmer's Ring

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ryuujin posted:

Another thing to note is the points you gain upon leveling up can't be used to increase the level of relics, nor can you freely use Ascension crystals. Ascension options show up as you level if you have Ascension crystals, but that might not be useful if you were trying to save them for an ability you didn't have yet. This also means you can freely use the points for stuff in the level, including purchasing new relics, or converting to gold in the shop.

yeah its pretty funny rolling into the shop with 70 skill points to turn into gold. i just realized a side effect of not being able to really control ascensions mean those boosters that scale off holding crystals are pretty bad on him.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

There's a god blessing that grants you power area, that boosts it even way higher than what you saw in my clip. I have a chest piece that grants area though.

Even though Kront's dashing, it's a Power ability so dash area won't affect it. It's all general area, attack area, and power area.

Which god gives power area, I want to try this out

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Which god gives power area, I want to try this out

Ninh. She gives you 2 passives that work really well for Kront: Mountainous Might - Attack area increase, Persistence - Power area increase. Attack area increase also scales with Kront's Warchief ability.

I stopped playing Kront as soon as I got to D-100, he's just too strong.

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathMustDie/comments/1cei350/you_all_need_to_take_a_breath/ posted:

10. What does The Code / The Belt / Ancient Hieroglyph / Genie Ring (unique item) do?

The Code: -0.5% Enemy HP

The Belt: 1 Armor, +20% Mythic Item Chance

Ancient Hieroglyph: +3 Banishes, +3 Rerolls, +3 Alterations

Genie Ring: No one knows yet... if you find this out you'll be a legend

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 27, 2024

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm loving the Death Must Die update, hoping they update more frequently though else we won't see anything til like Halloween.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Curious where they'll be able to go other than, "More Gods / More Maps".
Maybe they'll come up with a variant Caster and variant Ranged classes but it seems like they've got all the core class archetypes covered now.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

devs posting real tooltips in discord and not actually patching them into the game is the most modernindiedev.txt poo poo i've ever read about

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Genie Ring: No one knows yet... if you find this out you'll be a legend

I did find a genie in the desert just once with 60 something difficulty. It had multiple choices so maybe you just need to have the ring equipped when you find it

edit: Well I just found it again with the ring equipped, fought it and nothing happened. Maybe I should've tried to have it join me for a duration.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 28, 2024

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Im still waiting for more games to show up on switch.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Pinball Storm: Lokanta with a demo:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2642570/view/4213756394578641522

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Oh I have the code in DMD. I thought it was bugged and useless. I guess it's just useless

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Going back to VS to tackle all new content: trying out those adventure thingies, the Among US DLC, etc

Thought I had done everything there is to do -- except for cleaning up all the adventures -- but I seem to be missing some Among Us stuff?

What are the three missing items here?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Saoshyant posted:

What are the three missing items here?

Your missing three are:

Hats (starting weapon of Horse -- if you haven't unlocked them, kill 6000 "suspicious looking" enemies in the VS level)
Mini Horse (gets added to the level up item pool once Hats is at max level)
Silver Tongue (upgraded version of Sharp Tongue, the Imposter starter weapon -- evolves with Mini Imposter, just play as Imposter on the VS level where the Mini Imposter always spawns as a stage item)

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Your missing three are:

Hats (starting weapon of Horse -- if you haven't unlocked them, kill 6000 "suspicious looking" enemies in the VS level)
Mini Horse (gets added to the level up item pool once Hats is at max level)
Silver Tongue (upgraded version of Sharp Tongue, the Imposter starter weapon -- evolves with Mini Imposter, just play as Imposter on the VS level where the Mini Imposter always spawns as a stage item)

Silver Tongue comes from Gemini Arcana with Sharp Tongue/Imposatongue.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I've unlocked Horse but didn't play a run with the guy, guess that didn't count so it would explain the absence in the unlock list.

McTimmy posted:

Silver Tongue comes from Gemini Arcana with Sharp Tongue/Imposatongue.

And, oof, wouldn't find this one on my own, that's for sure.

Thanks you two.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Ok yeah this build is stupid haha

I thought I would need Kront for his attack modifier since it gives attack damage and area, but my warchief was already larger than the screen before the end of the run, so I should probably do Justice since I think her attack modifier gives the most attack damage per level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The Colorful and The Darkly Ironic within the next Some-About One days~

The Braves

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2479830/The_Braves/

quote:

The Braves is an action roguelike game with loads of unique skills, weapons and enemies hordes. They may seem harmless and even friendly at first but these creatures are actually real monsters who only want to tear you apart! Do you have what it takes to survive this battle?

Choose your heroes, vanquish hordes of enemies, unlock powerful skills, become one with your weapons and prove that you can survive in the most dangerous worlds of multiple universes.
The Braves combines many unique features:

Free for all!

Tons of various skills combinations! Choose the most effective battle combo that suits your style

Thousands of frenzied monsters and bosses! Dodge hordes of enemies to win!

Unlock uniquely designed characters and different skills. Customize your battles to suit your style!

Upgrade your characters and experiment with different play styles

Collect valuable resources to unlock the upgrades needed to survive and evolve!

Lots of unique locations. Explore, conquer, survive and climb higher and higher!

Unlock achievements by overcoming the difficulties found in these worlds filled with deadly enemies!

Create legendary equipment to overcome what awaits you!

Restore your base to open up new opportunities

PARABELLUM

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1153150/PARABELLUM/

quote:

Necromancer's army is gathering! But he can't afford Necronomicon Prime so his army can only use free medieval equipment set... We believe that one battle sister can solve them well. Go Forth, Sister Para, Blast your enemy in this survivor-like shooter game!

In the beginning, The God created the world in six days, But not doing well. inflations, debt crises and inequality are literally everywhere.
 So He rushed to create the Revolver, to make the people equal at least in front of this thing, And it was so, But not for long.
 When the Revolver is not equal enough, He invested the Holy Church, Granting them all the Firearms, Dynamites and Service lines.
 Since then, Whenever the world suffer, He can just turn off the phone and pretend to be dead. Then the Fathers and Sisters of Holy Church had to shoulder the heavy burden of wiping his rear end.
 "..Good news? Guns can be paid in installment and bullets reimbursed to you every week."
 --Father Colt, "Our Father in Couch: Trinity of Recoil, Blowback and Gas Operation" Part 8.
†About this Game†
Parabellum is a Survivor Shooter game. WE ALL KNOW WHAT "SURVIVOR" IS RIGHT?!
As the Battle Sister of Holy Church, Sweep out your enemies with Various guns and abilities!

Survive 15 minutes in the siege of thousand enemies.

Build character from random perks & items.. and curse the game when you got bad luck.

More than 12 basic guns with unique perks and upgrades.. Some of them are just weak anyway.

Meet the random bosses at the 5th, 10th and 15th minute.. Help them get a new life!

Reach the kill count record to unlock more start point.. and use it to break a new record!

Also including Almost none Roguelite Features, Undesigned gameplay, Buggy mechanics, Familiar resources, Noob or useless abilities, Bad translations and other bunch of things.

HAVE A NICE TRIGGER HAPPY DAY THEN!