Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Somebody recently brought up South Side in this thread (or the previous incarnation) and let me just say thanks - I'm really enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Adding on to the "The Bear is excellent" pile. Binged it in one night.
https://twitter.com/doomkulthum/status/1556843298333118467

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh mate thanks for this; no one else had said anything and they're so so obnoxious. At one point the subtitles were insisting I was hearing [English] and it was blatantly just not.
The naming scheme doesn't make much sense, but I think the difference here is that one of them is the "original" subtitles for the Danish audio and the other one is subtitles for/a transcription of the English dub.
I actually used the second one because I wanted subs for all the text, and the default one didn't provide them for the parts where the characters spoke in actual English.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I regret not going to the cinema for Across the Spider-Verse, what a dang audio-visual spectacle.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The Modern Leper posted:

That Telemarketers series on MAX is pretty wild so far. It feels like the American Movie guys decided to make a documentary about unethical nonprofit fundraising.

It doesn't make sense that it is both real AND that these knuckleheads made an HBO-worthy documentary, but here we are.
I really liked the first episode, mostly consisting of the telemarketer folks doing dumb poo poo at their job.
Kind of "meh" on the second one though, the doc that they're making themselves isn't quite hitting that American Movie charm for me - but I'll keep checking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Well thanks for discussing all these survival shows - started Outlast and am almost done with it, pretty drat entertaining.
Tried a couple episodes of Alone Frozen, but it's the group dynamics that really make it interesting. And when they start sabotaging other teams... wild and terrible and great.
Guess I'll check out Naked and Afraid next.

The only slightly similar show I had seen before is Bloody Game/Game of Blood, specifically the second season - went on a big South Korean game show kick like half a year ago and binged a bunch that were (fan)subtitled.
https://twitter.com/SquadBaechu/status/1644768178327924736