Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah that sure was an episode. Still can't tell if I like this season or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yellowjackets would have been almost invisible if it binge dropped I bet

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Severance on Apple TV is great.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Lots of business dramas lately.

Hard agree that The Dropout is way too sympathetic to Holmes. I think the characters are played well, but it's just mostly filler. Then again, I guess that was Theranos.

Super Pumped, about the rise of Uber on Showtime had a decent first episode. But same thing, way too sympathetic.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Reacher is great because it's literally just a show about a large ham with a license to kill

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Winning Time, about the Lakers dynasty, on HBO is great. It's Adam McKay so it has a ton of fourth wall but the cast is so insane and they're having so much fun that it doesn't bother me.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

smackfu posted:

Can anyone explain why Jerry Buss was able to buy the Lakers with a check but cash would have been a deal-breaker?

It was still cash, but half in property trades instead of the full cash amount ($67 million)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tokyo Vice is pretty dope

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Village in retrospect was pretty interesting. I remember hoping the twist was something really unique and not what I thought it was gonna be, but instead it was the most obvious twist. Still a banger of a soundtrack. Signs soundtrack is still one of the creepiest I've ever heard.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Chip and Dale was actually pretty funny and had some really insane cameos. I liked it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Care to spoil the weirdest stuff?

Some visual, some with speaking lines.

Ugly Sonic from the original Sonic trailer and he's played by Tim Robinson, Paul Rudd, Randy Marsh, McGruff the Crime Dog, Tigra, He Man and Skeletor, Darkwing Duck, 90s Disney afternoon Baloo but in his new real bear form from the live action Jungle Book singing Disney afternoon themes, Shredder, Roger Rabbit.

The whole plot revolves around taking copyrighted characters and turning them into offbrand looking characters through forced surgery that are then forced to film weird knockoff films, such as Pooj The Fat Honey Bear and The Sampsons. Tons of background movie poster gags and signs. Like Butthead is running for president.

There's way way more but they are fast.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

mcmagic posted:

one of the best movies ever made

Facts. Fury Road is infinitely watchable.

The Raid 1 & 2 combined are probably my fave action movies ever tho.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I binged The Bear on Hulu. It was excellent.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/gracerandolph/status/1554900102745100289?s=21&t=M-v0q7dj6wq5LdWCXQqspw

Soooo they're killing HBO Max and that stuff won't be available anywhere?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

While not necessary, the Woodstock 99 documentary Netflix put out today is much better than the HBO one imo, and a lot more hosed up.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah Prey loving ruled goddamn. I really would be into just dropping a Predator into different time periods as a new franchise.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The ASMR bit is one of the funniest Beavis and Butthead things I’ve ever seen

I was crying laughing during the country music video. It rules.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Sopranos is actually about food. Here is a Youtube video with (most) food related things that is almost as long as an episode lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYtFMmByfJk

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Man gently caress this. Easiest layup in the world and you cancel it to make like Hoarder House Hunters or whatever the gently caress

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/batman-caped-crusader-jj-abrams-hbo-max-cancel-1235347652/

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I think the deal is it cannot connect in any way with the original film or Hobbit trilogy, which is so bizarre. The composer came back to do the theme and you can tell he dropped some OG hints in that theme, plus the general vibe.

Streamed lately:

The LOTR show is great so far, as is House of the Dragon.

Nope was one of the best movies this year.

I'm the number one Jurassic Park fan on Earth and Jurassic World Dominion was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It makes me sad.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Well yeah, obviously. It's more like the stylization and logo treatment, and no same actors and so on.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I read they found a huge piece of the Challenger recently so I watched the Challenger documentary on Netflix. It's really well done but obviously very loving sad.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Witcher Blood Origin was OK. I think it's better than a lot of people are saying but it leaves a lot to be desired and some portions reminded me of a generic WB fantasy show from the 90s. However it's only 4 episodes and only the first one is long so not a huge investment.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah watched The Menu last night and it ruled. I thought it was really well shot. Also lol'd at Tyler's Bullshit.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Pale Blue Eye was fine. A little slow burn and it wrapped up quick but it was a pretty decent watch.

I'm losing my mind over The Last of Us reviews. Cannot wait until Sunday.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Medullah posted:

Isn't that why they released Last of Us Part 1? To import the mechanics from 2 into 1?

It adds some of the mechanics like the workshop building but more than anything it's a visual overhaul. 2 plays so much better because the movement feels insanely good. But it has things that 1 couldn't have because it would fundamentally break the game's design (the diving and proning stuff, a jump button) which organically also fits because Joel is over 50 in the first game (with shitloads of pain).

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 12, 2023

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tbh while it's clearly a cliffhanger ending if Severance ended that way it kinda would stand alone enough on its own. Plus that final line is one of the best deliveries I've ever heard. It makes watching the entire season worth it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm so happy. They nailed it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I got through the first season of Industry but it's kind of just Degrassi for finance shitheads. I know there's another season but not my thing. Succession is the GOAT.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah but we get King of the Hill now so who can say if it's bad or not

https://deadline.com/2023/01/king-of-the-hill-revival-hulu-original-cast-returning-1235245072/

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm digging Hello Tomorrow! but it certainly is not for everybody

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

For six seasons I rooted for Tony Soprano just to see how many delicious meals he could eat

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Swarm on Amazon Prime is a little up its own rear end but the first two eps were pretty decent.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1646201078424420354

Make sure you drop the pivotal brand name from the title, and then paywall 4K behind the highest tier. I am very smart.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Really enjoyed the first two eps of Silo as someone who didn't even know the books existed. It's major Expanse S1 vibes following a murder mystery that I take it similarly just goes off the rails into a much bigger thing.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw1rAMzPf70

Always down for religious cult documentaries

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I randomly decided to watch Justified when I saw a new season is coming in July. I'm in S2 and it's great

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah Kevin Spacey literally said "I'm gonna be Foghorn Leghorn"

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Duggar family documentary on Amazon Prime is good but obviously really hosed up. Especially the last episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It would have been cool if they you know, got the rights to use Beanie Babies in their Beanie Baby movie.