Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024
We just finished RIPLEY the other night and I thought it was excellent. My only real complaint plot wise was the big boat scene where he climbs back up on the boat via the rope after getting knocked out by the anchor that totally snapped me out of it from a realism perspective and reminded me we’re in TV land. Way more than the beard and wig which I didn’t hate. I love the way it was shot, the black and white and the crispness of everything from NYC, to Atrani, Rome, Venice. Everything looked absolutely beautiful. I love the pacing of the episodes and the tediousness of it all. I need something similar to watch now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024

ymgve posted:

I'm on episode 2 of Ripley now and I can't get my head around him. He clearly sees the "robbed" woman and taxi driver as the scam it is, but on the other hand he fell for a taxi scam himself in the first episode. And he's like "tons of money to transport a suspicious suitcase? what could possibly go wrong? what is this 'mafia' thing?" In one moment he's an idiot and in the next he's a crime savant.

Honestly it’s what made him believable to me. Criminals tend to be very stupid, despite being clever and good (at times?) liars. He’s like a dumb Frank Abagnale.

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024
He's the worst part of the show. A very enjoyable show that would have been way way way more fun without Jake-san and Samantha-san

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024
I love that show. I need a new season. Although everyone fattening up and then just eating into their fat stores to last longer kind of ruined it. I think they should only be allowed to put on like 5% of body weight between casting and filming. I think Biko the troll hunter was the first guy to just gain as much weight as he could before going out.

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024
I actually didn’t hate that Netflix survival show Outlast. They got killed for the breakdown of the rules and those girls being psychopaths but I didn’t hate it. Id gladly watch another season.

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024
Baby Reindeer was a WILD ride. Felt like I needed a shower multiple times when watching that. “Fun” show. What do we watch next?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024
I watched Unfrosted last night. Thank god for Larry David is all I’ll say.