Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Really loving this show. It's like if Office Space and Westworld were put into a blender. So much interesting philosophical stuff going on with identity, consent, morality of work. Interested to see where they take it to. The world they've created is both hilarious and frightening, I had a 6 month stint in the corporate environment before I couldn't take it any more and this show is definitely giving me major anxiety-inducing flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
drat that was tense. GIVE ME MORE! The ending was definitely cliffhangery but I think the finale did a good job of giving the main protagonist Mark a satisfying character arc throughout the whole season. He says in episode 8 that he hopes he finds out that there are things he cares about for real on the outside, and it's revealed that his whole existence is so he can give at least some part of himself relief from the despair of losing his wife, giving his being meaning and purpose.

I would've like more scene time with Innie Mark and his sister/Ricken, and there definitely needed to be a scene with Irving and Burt. Irving's plot felt lacking compared to the other two and another scene with Burt would've helped greatly.

This show should definitely win some Emmy's and I expect it to blow up next season.

Rollos fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 9, 2022