Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New chapter is out.

Turns out going against people who want to manipulate the law to serve their needs can get you arrested because they were manipulating the law to begin with. Shigemoto refuses to give any straight answers on what he intends to do but he also gets no time to actually explain anything, so I don't think it'll be something as drastic as firing everyone and going to jail alone...at least, I hope so. At the very least, right now Magilumiere is out of action completely, and the judicial process involved will make Kana miss her date with Tsuchiya. Politicians truly are the worst.

Even worse, four weeks break. See you on August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Not to say that things aren't serious (because they are), but man has this manga been teasing us with something big around the corner for what feels like forever now

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

Not to say that things aren't serious (because they are), but man has this manga been teasing us with something big around the corner for what feels like forever now

And basically never quite going horrible.

I’m not sure if I should feel relieved that Kana has only been arrested

What a time for a break.

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
They posted 8koma though, if you would like some koma. Just some cute little jokes...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I never expected we'd get an explanation for Kana's hairstyle yet here we are.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I never expected we'd get an explanation for Kana's hairstyle yet here we are.

And the explanation is pretty much :effort:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's extremely relatable, I feel.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
She also wears it in style. :colbert:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A fun fake love story followed by setup for the main series today. Next week we're back and starting Act 2.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

A fun fake love story followed by setup for the main series today. Next week we're back and starting Act 2.

The fake love story was funny. The setup was mean. :( now I feel even worse.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Act 2 starts https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018351

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Nooo!!! The twin tails are gone!

And I’m looking forward how this will play out. So was Kana chi the only one who needed her exam or did Koshigaya never do one to begin with. (I can imagine that last one.)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Nooo!!! The twin tails are gone!

And I’m looking forward how this will play out. So was Kana chi the only one who needed her exam or did Koshigaya never do one to begin with. (I can imagine that last one.)

The twin tails being gone really hits home the time skip, wow. She looks so much older without them.

Possibly, she may have been classified as an intern during the first part of the series and didn't need it at that point. Could also be that she just needed it in order to run a start-up.

But more importantly... I wanna know the fallout from having to miss out on her date, like now

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't wait until the series explains what happened here since it feels like we skipped a lot.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I feel like this chapter explained the basics of what happened well enough. Magilumiere gets framed, deregulation happens, Kaii attacks are getting worse, spells are getting bigger and more destructive, everyone's got new jobs but they have some kind of plan to get back into the fight.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It'd be really funny if this series was the corporate version of that meme about the power of love vs the power of incredible violence.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 2, 2023

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Alacron posted:

I feel like this chapter explained the basics of what happened well enough. Magilumiere gets framed, deregulation happens, Kaii attacks are getting worse, spells are getting bigger and more destructive, everyone's got new jobs but they have some kind of plan to get back into the fight.

And with the bigger spells come bigger Kaii. C class didn’t seem to surprise them.

I wonder why AST is apparently slowing down.

Shinji2015 posted:

The twin tails being gone really hits home the time skip, wow. She looks so much older without them.

It also amuses me greatly that the omakes in between were fully canon. She finally found the perfect time to cut them. :(

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maybe AST realize that increasing magical power just increases the Kais in response and tried too late to reverse the trend?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the problem is that ast was a ruthless, results-driven company but they have limits. other companies obviously aren't going to have limits when there's profit to be had. :capitalism:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
can't wait for the humanoid kai to start showing up. any day now

the arms race has already become literal, after all

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018520

The plot thickens...

Also, more timeskip designs.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mods please rename the thread to Sakuragi Planning.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lol at Tsuchiba San. It’s fun seeing Kana take charge like this.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

Lol at Tsuchiba San. It’s fun seeing Kana take charge like this.

Yeah.

She just needs to go get her girl and finally have that date

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
New chapter

Twintails confirmed! I repeat, twintails confirmed!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
MAGIC twin tails

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Post timeskip Kana is so cool. The frilly dress over the more corporate look of the other three is a great way to tie her to Shigemoto, and the pigtails returning as part of her transformation is very nice. But also she's clearly grown into an excellent leader.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The stars in the skies are our enemies and we will blow them away with our drill.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i am always hyped for a cool transformation sequence

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

It's the main reason why I want an anime adaptation.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I loved this.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Same, I'm such a sucker for it. Had a huge smile on my face and everything while I was reading.

Also imagine that since we got a time skip, they're also going to be powered up by magic twintails

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Cool commander vibes from Kana's new magical girl outfit, but without losing that magical girl-ness. A great design.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
83 https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018729

We Gundam now

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Magical girl Bruticus.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
MERGE FOR THE KILL

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Chapter 86 https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018678

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I definitely feel like the series has kind of been treading water for a bit, but this chapter really feels like it's revving up fast. I like this guy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's happening!
https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1713231035096563996?t=hRoTFcjJqPhJxyoDPVm-LA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

This is awesome news! Probably still too soon to know details but here’s hoping for a great adaption!