Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lt. Lizard posted:

That opening filled me with incredible amount of disappointment, once it became clear that the Skeletons were the villains. :colbert:

From memory wasn't there like... One turncoat skeleton on the good guys? Because they knew. They knew the skeletons were cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

who's going to jump right into a second season just because it has a siren

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what part of "ganbare, shamiko" do you not understand?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I forgot Summertime Render was getting an anime.

I should give it a shot, but I worry it won't stick with me. Reading the manga I had the advantage of binging through it.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Estab-Life: Great Escape is this sea Son's janky 3d anime, but the first two episodes were kind of fun.

Episode 2 absolutely could have been a Yakuza sidestory.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Tamba posted:

Estab-Life: Great Escape is this sea Son's janky 3d anime, but the first two episodes were kind of fun.

norm newspaper up

Tamba posted:

Episode 2 absolutely could have been a Yakuza sidestory.

norm newspaper down

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Instead of sirens u should sticky the thread

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

copy posted:

norm newspaper down

It's set in Kabuki-cho and about a Yakuza boss who wants to run a way to become a magical girl.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Tamba posted:

It's set in Kabuki-cho and about a Yakuza boss who wants to run a way to become a magical girl.

this sounds fantastic. ty for sharing valuable information

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Agronox posted:

Julias please give Shamiko a siren.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

secretly best girl posted:

From memory wasn't there like... One turncoat skeleton on the good guys? Because they knew. They knew the skeletons were cooler.

The youngest prince was some kind of zombie dude because he was the one who initially helped the bad guys and thus got to be half light / half dark.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I support Julias' decision not to give Shamiko a siren because she would try to use it for evil, and embarrass herself.

I thought we were getting Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer this season but it turns out that's not how time works. Well, there's some great stuff here anyway.

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 24, 2022

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Agronox posted:

This will probably be my most-watched season in over a year.

Done

Ragnar34 posted:

I support Julias' decision not to give Shamiko a siren because she would try to use it for evil, and embarrass herself.

Oh no!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

Instead of sirens u should sticky the thread

No mods no stickies

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Great season. Machikado Mazoku S2 (!), Tiger & Bunny S2 (eventually), Summertime Render, Magia Record final, Spy x Family, possibly Dance Dance Danseur, possibly Executioner all on my list.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm excited for Skeleton Knight (above average isekai), more Bookworm, Spy x Family (just a fantastic family comedy), Tiger and Bunny 2, and I'm eager to see if there's anything new waiting to surprise me.

God, this season is PACKED.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dumbbells season 2 when

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Bookworm thread is up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997740

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
OP updated :toot:

quote:

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 3rd Season (Ascendance of a Bookworm 3rd Season)
Ajia-Do | Mitsuru Hongou | Mariko Kunisawa | Fantasy, Slice of Life | Light Novel | Apr 12, 2022
Third season of Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen.
PV
Thread

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
When I don't have a lot of time I just go off the sirens or whatever it is people are talking about the most.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Will give Ao Aishi a shot since the manga is probably the best ongoing football story along with Days.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

Will give Ao Aishi a shot since the manga is probably the best ongoing football story along with Days.

Ao Ashi is like the best football manga right now and the author seems to know about the nuance of the sport compared to other football manga. Never really liked Days so not sure whether it is in the same category. The other good ongoing football manga is Giant Killing. Be Blues is ok. Blue Lock is trash tier, more of a battle manga rather than a football manga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

from the outside i can't find anything compelling about ao ashi that isn't like "the success must come from something" but i tend to need my sports anime to have a bigger hook or strong visuals

even with the second PV being an improvement it seems like a standard story that won't be much of an animation/directorial showcase

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I hope the Dance Dance Danseur anime is good, because I really enjoy the manga, as a mix of Welcome to the Ballroom and Glass Mask, kind of.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

psyer posted:

Ao Ashi is like the best football manga right now and the author seems to know about the nuance of the sport compared to other football manga. Never really liked Days so not sure whether it is in the same category. The other good ongoing football manga is Giant Killing. Be Blues is ok. Blue Lock is trash tier, more of a battle manga rather than a football manga.

Days is probably less authentic feeling that Ao Ashi, yeah. It's on the sentimental side and there are more cute players in it. I feel like the intended audiences are maybe a bit different.

I followed Giant Killing for years and years but lost track of it when mangadex went down. I should probably pick it up again.

The other one I'm reading is Lost Man which is pure cheese, but quite entertaining.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Imagine not wanting to see the antics of spy x family animated.

Or to see Bond in anime form. My most-anticipated episode, I hope they get to it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

from the outside i can't find anything compelling about ao ashi that isn't like "the success must come from something" but i tend to need my sports anime to have a bigger hook or strong visuals

even with the second PV being an improvement it seems like a standard story that won't be much of an animation/directorial showcase

The villainous jerk senpai becoming the mentor figure and secondary protagonist while still remaining a lovely bastard was one of the best things about any manga I read last year.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Invictus posted:

Imagine not wanting to see the antics of spy x family animated.

Or to see Bond in anime form. My most-anticipated episode, I hope they get to it

I think it's gonna be 2 cours, so they absolutely will.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably just Spy x Family and Tiger & Bunny 2 for me (and timing on my T&B watch will be determined by when I finally finish watching the first season)

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

how much of a good idea would it be to check out birdie wing?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's an original anime and hasn't aired yet. Are you asking the prescient?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

French Accent posted:

It's a star crossed loversrivals story about a golfing princess and a street smart back alley golfing gambler, where Char and Amuro are their golfing mentors

so

I mean if you can't make a call based on that, I'm not sure what other information you would need

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

didn't know much about bandai namco's track record with anime, but either way, i'll check it out. not every day that i get to see an anime about golfing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

French Accent posted:

didn't know much about bandai namco's track record with anime, but either way, i'll check it out. not every day that i get to see an anime about golfing.

It's basically a spinoff of Sunrise

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, Bandai Namco did a bunch of restructuring/renaming and Bandai Namco Pictures is essentially what they're calling what used to be most of Sunrise. The Sunrise brand is still sticking around mostly for name recognition on Gundam.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the PVs for it haven't looked amazing so far, but with Yosuke Kuroda writing it could still be a compelling watch

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Agronox posted:

Edit: Oh nvm lol

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

French Accent posted:

Watching anime is always a good/bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Takagi-san S3 just ended and man, the finale was sweet as all get out. Can't wait for the movie.