Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Presumably space aliens with future tech might have decent medkits that work on a few different species.

Or they have unlocked save scum tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Pablo gives tremendous pissed off look, I am cool with it.

I want more of Bokeem though, I dig his character. And Kai.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I like it more and there are a lot of expensive practical things on camera. Still only getting a Defiance season 3 at best, mind.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

RBA Starblade posted:

Jun survives Reach and trains the Spartan 4s

No one really cares about Jun though

All I remember about Jun is that they slow walked everything I should know or care about Jun so I recognize her but that is it and I get pissed off if she is in a scene which is one of them so far. Christ I feel sorry for the actress, she seems good.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Yeah but that dude touching Riz wasn't going,"Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo Bwoooooooo"

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Dawgstar posted:

I do wonder if somebody insisted that they need "a human element" which did not include all the, y'know, humans in the military.

If you involve the military that much you start having to deal with things like, "If the military thinks Master Chief is such an absolute war beast death machine Who Gets The Job Done, how come everybody display like zilch loyalty to him? You telling me he hasn't got some favours and poo poo built up? Bullshit!"

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Oh yeah, anybody know the reason who so many British and Irish people are in this show?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Open Source Idiom posted:

They're agents for the ONI, aren't they?

They don't actually have to take the guy out, he's on the run. All they have to do is create drama in a public space and they blow his advantage.

? Master Chief is a dude who throws the gently caress down because FIGHT ING. While he will stealth it up, if poo poo goes loud, he is a big giant strong tough oval office whose only knowledge of quit is what his opponent does.

Them dudes be hosed yo.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Uh, am I having an optical event? Everything is green and pink/purple. Is this lovely feed or brain stuff symptoms?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I like Soren. Despite his best efforts, he's kinda back where he started and being pretty wry about it. Also, did he kill the two chicks 'cos he seemed pretty final there in that scene.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

RBA Starblade posted:

It's weird how they let Reach die for a political struggle, but also Reach is the last bastion between Earth blowing up vs not

The show still can't pick a lane about things, it's weird. Definitely better than S1 about it though

Very accurate to how people behave, IMO.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Kwan is just stuck being set up for seasons we will never get. I like Soren and his neither fish nor fowl place.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Is everyone angry about this show because Master Chief isn't a virgin in a spacesuit?

Fans are truly the worst people

I thought it was more he didn't gently caress Cortana but I expect there are some grognards out there who are angry they have seen Master Chief run.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

RBA Starblade posted:

If you didn't beat the game on Legendary, yes

I (stupidly) bought the MCC for a tenner there a few weeks ago. I regret this decision and the absence of run.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Roughly 60% through this latest episode and the delivery of pissed off Pablo looks has been excellent.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Nah, it's bad storytelling. Soren is interesting, the quest for his kid is not. Everyone not shooting Halsey in the head or hanging her is dumb. Lots of that sort of stuff.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Looking for a decent season 1 plotline? Season 2 is a lot better but still suffers from bad pacing (Kwan), dumb plot armour decisions (Halsey) and a distinct lack of Halos despite the main character being Jarn Halo.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
That reminds me, just me or are they fiddling with the look of Cortana every episode?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Soren and Laera's argument is easily the funniest thing on the show ever, I was howling.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
ORLY? Missed opportunity to call it Combat Evolved, then.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

counterfeitsaint posted:

I've been confused about this too. Everyone seems completely convinced that Halo is the ultimate weapon and will win the war. They're right, but how did they figure that out?

Presumably the fact of its existence means it has tech you can weaponise like a motherfucker.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I am waiting on the twist that Kai is Ackerson's sister, giving the facial similarity.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Marsupial Ape posted:

That's an interesting observation. Oh, god, what if they Cmdr. Pike-ed her?

Boop

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Beep

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I hope when Jarn Halo blows up the Halo, it red rings.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Hakkesshu posted:

-I have no idea how they're actually going to do a season on the Halo, but my instinct says they aren't.

Requires a season 3 and, even if they scrape such a thing, they will never afford Datak Tarr. :(

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I don't know how well received it was here, but I thought The Last of US tv series did an amazing job bringing the game to a live action format, hitting the main story line beats, but also changing some things up and doing its own thing and often for the better.
As you said, I understand due to budget and time constraints a Halo TV series is going to be very different, but it's weird that iconic moments like "The Pillar of Autumn stumbles upon Halo and no one has any idea wtf this thing is" are not represented.

Halo is named after Halo and executives want people to know WTF it is quick. Never forget that they want to explain everything many many times to the dumbest gently caress they can think of, usually to the detriment of the story and the interest of a lot of the audience.

This is a contributing reason to why John Wick is such a loving great movie, it just gets on with it.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Still baffled they changed Chief's armour colour, easiest gimme on the show. Also, the wrong minor character died.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

huh posted:

I was a bit underwhelmed by this episode.

But it's called Halo Halo.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

my cat is norris posted:

He's a really fun actor to watch.

I'm still amazed they never had him on as a Donovan cousin in Ray Donovan. Maybe they were worried he'd gently caress up Jon Voight*?

*A man worse than the character he plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I didn't start watching Halo season 2 and then buy the Master Chief Collection for a tenner when pissed*, something something keeps going.

*Yes I did. Ah, bum.