Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A lone tree, tallest in an somewhat-open space, with a metal roof no less, is probably gonna be a prime target for a good old lightning strike in a storm.

It's an affront to the gods but also to science but also good taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A lone tree, tallest in an somewhat-open space, with a metal roof no less, is probably gonna be a prime target for a good old lightning strike in a storm.

that's true, but also "house struck by lightning, explodes, and you fall 50 ft to your death" is a pretty cool way to go, even if it might be kind of horrible to experience

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Are reviews frequently faked on Airbnb because I cannot imagine so many people being THAT ecstatic in the reviews for that.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Oh hey, speaking of elevated structures:

https://i.imgur.com/i17vI0d.mp4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zesty posted:

Are reviews frequently faked on Airbnb because I cannot imagine so many people being THAT ecstatic in the reviews for that.

Most people like indoor plumbing, and most people don't like stairs. It is an actively unpleasant place to stay for lots people, so they won't even consider renting it. I'd rather sleep in the car than face the spiral stairs of death.

Which means the only people who ever rent the treehouse are people who are totally hyped about staying in a treehouse.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

Trabant posted:

Well if you ever decide you want to die after using the toilet, this is a good place.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trabant posted:

I'm guessing ventilation for heinous bowel movements?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If that's the case, I wonder how loudly your deuce-dropping farts would echo out there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Trabant posted:

Have a few too many, hug the porcelain king then decide to go to bed. Splat.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trabant posted:

Love the hot water pipes climbing up the vestibul wall.

Also, is that an apartment?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm guessing ventilation for heinous bowel movements?

Okay but why do their neighbors need to watch them while they do it?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Regrettable posted:

Need to? They pay more for rent the privilege.

Fancy upper income apartment renters know how to live!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Regrettable posted:

So you can look them in the eyes as they watch from their own apartments, and see their fear of the fetid hell your bowels are about to release. Savour the horrified wonder in their mournful eyes as they watch you blight porcelain with the devastating outcome of Curry Night, and spend their last few moments of breathable clean air praying to an uncaring God that will not save them from the encroaching nightmare wafting towards them and permating regardless through their hastily-closed window. While you issue a loud wet bellow of Hell from your digestion to signal to all there will be no mercy for anyone tonight.

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 10:03 on Apr 22, 2024

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So you can look them in the eyes as they watch from their own apartments, and see their fear of the fetid hell your bowels are about to release. Savour the horrified wonder in their mournful eyes as they watch you blight porcelain with the devastating outcome of Curry Night, and spend their last few moments of breathable clean air praying to an uncaring God that will not save them from the encroaching nightmare wafting towards them and permating regardless through their hastily-closed window. While you issue a loud wet bellow of Hell from your digestion to signal to all there will be no mercy for anyone tonight.

Fair enough

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Trabant posted:

It's the "die with honor" escape hatch for if you drop too smelly of a deuce or clog the toilet and don't want to die from embarrassment. The door is smaller to help keep you from using it by accident.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

that seems to be some sort of office building, so maybe the boss wants everyone to listen to his cries of suffering and recrimination over his poor diet?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just poo poo out the windoor

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Twenty Four posted:

It's the "die with honor" escape hatch for if you drop too smelly of a deuce or clog the toilet and don't want to die from embarrassment. The door is smaller to help keep you from using it by accident.

Instead of wiping, I just kill myself. It saves time.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BirdOfPlay posted:

Love the hot water pipes climbing up the vestibul wall.

I think they are chill water lines for an AC?

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

binge crotching posted:

I think they are chill water lines for an AC?

Could be. It's just that that's the wall where the sink is in that Winchester-rear end bathroom

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Trabant posted:

Can one claim to have ever truly lived if one has not done a dookie while making aggressive eye contact with a neighbour?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Twenty Four posted:

Only if it closes by itself. Otherwise your neighbors gonna see your body Wile-E-Coyoted into the tiles, and a door swinging open into the mezzanine, and they're gonna put deuce and deuce together and realize you exited this world because you couldn't live with the shame of landing a world record brown trout

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Yeah I’m just teensy bit behind, but on mobile before I expanded this pic, I thought the cheetah pelt on the wall was a loving raccoon.

The red trim is a choice too.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I usually post weird ones but I'm choosing to veer into the cool once again because this is just :stwoon:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
That is pretty cool. Just don’t look at the bathrooms.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I love the extensive parquet

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Now that is how you take an architectural photo.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Trabant posted:

I usually post weird ones but I'm choosing to veer into the cool once again because this is just :stwoon:

That seems cheap for the amount of house and craft that went into it. What is wrong with it

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That is pretty cool. Just don’t look at the bathrooms.

The shots are few but... Fine? Maybe small?

Autechresaint posted:

That seems cheap for the amount of house and craft that went into it. What is wrong with it

lol asked our realtor the same thing.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
The All Window Wall probably means high heating bills if it gets cold in the area but it's hard to imagine that is what's keeping the price low.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Autechresaint posted:

Besides being in Minnesota? Not being tribal here. gently caress winter.

Roughly this bit.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Apr 23, 2024

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Zesty posted:

Besides being in Minnesota? Not being tribal here. gently caress winter.

Roughly this bit.

Wait ok in a Minnesota winter the windows might actually be the problem lol

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Trabant posted:

The shots are few but... Fine? Maybe small?
Maybe? Look how close the sink is to the toilet.

And the white one looks like an airport/Walmart bathroom. With bonus wall-to-wall fluorescent lights.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Trabant posted:

*points backwards with thumb

Get a load of THIS motherfucker! He loves squares- SQUARES!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Speaking from Wisconsin experience, you can do things to mitigate heat loss from windows, and frankly the money you aren't spending to buy that will probably be a lot cheaper overall than the heating bill. The flat top makes me nervous though, you don't see many ungabled roofs around here because you don't want six feet of snow weighing down on top of the building. At least that much water is surprisingly good insulation?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

*points backwards with thumb

Get a load of THIS motherfucker! He loves squares- SQUARES!

It looks like if you brought a bean bag chair into the middle of all that, it would just all collapse in a big chain reaction.

It does look good, though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

1438 Francis Station Dr, Knoxville, TN 37909

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

aniviron posted:

Speaking from Wisconsin experience, you can do things to mitigate heat loss from windows, and frankly the money you aren't spending to buy that will probably be a lot cheaper overall than the heating bill. The flat top makes me nervous though, you don't see many ungabled roofs around here because you don't want six feet of snow weighing down on top of the building. At least that much water is surprisingly good insulation?

Heated metal roof maybe? That's a weird rear end choice in such a snow heavy state, however it's a perfect house for impending climate change.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I want to say.... Streamer Sharehouse that broke up due to petty drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

It wouldn't be the first time that an architect high on their own supply has omitted an extremely important functional design element just because they didn't fit their vision.

I bet the owners have to go up there and shovel it themselves.