Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I was about to ask what a "saint chamber" is, but that picture cleared it up perfectly. :magical:

Though I gotta admit, having an underground tunnel connecting your two buildings is kind of baller in a "childhood dream fulfillment" way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I like how the interior photos look like they have been run through a deep dream AI lol.

Realtors just loving love to crank up the HDR on their photos. It can make rooms look overall brighter and better lit, but it's very easy to overdo and make things look weirdly surreal.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yep, looks like they cut out the benchtop upside down.

If you flip the benchtop in photoshop and overlay it back onto the cabinets it all lines up properly:

That makes sense, though honestly that combination of angles would irritate me no matter what. Why not make it two turns of 45° instead of like 20 + 70° or whatever nonsense that is?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

That shower's actually really hosed.

Why do you need the red shelf in the shower?

Also like, would it kill these people to put some loving diffusers in? Who thinks angry clashing shadows and lensing effects is a good look?

That right there is a gently caress shower. Bet you the guy built it with the hope/expectation that he'd be having wild orgies in there.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's not exactly a house, but I stumbled across something weird while apartment hunting and figured it would still fit here. The listing read Beautiful 2-room Roundel Apartment , which made me curious right away. I checked it out and was greeted by this:

I looked it up on streetview and found a wider view, and it's no surprise the realtor decided to go in nice and close. This clearly used to be some sort of commercial space awkwardly converted into a residential unit, directly adjoining a large parking lot:

But yes, who wouldn't love to live in the Reverse Panopticon. :allears:

Perestroika has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Jun 8, 2023

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

I really want to see a floor plan for the circle room. Is it a big studio with lots of windows? Are there other rooms in the back?

They didn't put up a floor plan, but they did say there's a second room in the back, so at least you don't have to sleep out there in the open.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Location aside, that's a pretty neat design...until you see those pillars standing around taking up half the space. I like the idea, but putting it in with those constraints just makes it kinda worthless.

Yeah, it seems the architects decided first to add the fancy semicircle balconies at the top that required those pillars, then figured "eh may as well use the space" and put a room around them.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It feels like they ran all the photos through the Photoshop 'add noise' filter and cracked it up real high

I think they're trying to use HDRI. If used properly, it can make the interiors look brighter and more colourful. But if you just crank it up to the max it tends to look super fake, and if you have such an insanely busy interior to begin with it can only come our horrendous.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

True survivalists make sure their home includes spaced armour for additional protection against high explosive anti tank shells. :pseudo:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Pookah posted:

I love '70s house, and I'm amazed décor is in such good shape since it looks to be literally from the early 70s. The only things I can see that look a bit battered are the kitchen cabinet doors, and that's an easy fix. The metallic wallpaper on the side of the stairs in picture 27 is fantastic, I love it!.
Also the basement carpet triggered the 1-2-3-4-5 pinball song from Sesame Street as soon as I saw it.

edit: for a really depressing comparison, check out this office -> home conversion

https://www.coldwellbanker.com/ca/san-rafael/777-grand-ave-ste-204/lid-P00800000GCCvKNpe1vPsmgQe3iqhC1h8IvmjJ3x

Wee sample:

I wonder how much of that cursed vibe is just due to the horrendous carpet and the ceiling panels. If you were to put in some nice wood flooring and a more uniform ceiling with warmer lights that would probably feel a lot more livable.

fake edit: There's no saving the loving airplane-tier bathroom though, goddamn

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Trabant posted:

Speaking of shooters:

The entire place is gaudy, but that one took the poo poo cake.

It's always kinda funny to see people with functionally unlimited money decide they want some guns for masculinty-cred, and then ending up buying the firearms equivalent of a mall katana. Dude has the means to get just about any gun in the world that would be cool or unique or interesting, and he just goes into the gun store and goes "Gimme that thing I've seen in Call of Duty. Actually, give me three of them in different paintjobs". :allears:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

There's also probably a lot of HDR going on oversaturating the poo poo out of everything. But I gotta admit, I do like the idea behind this room:

Just a cosy little nook with all the walls piled high with greenery where you can just shut yourself away and hang out with your ferrets or whathaveyou for a while. :3:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dingwick posted:

I'm the Kraftwerk poster

Oh I was gonna ask about that poster, I was expecting it's an old movie still or something. Because really nothing of note ever happens in loving Düsseldorf.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

There is something charming about homes that have a strong sense of style that is not mainstream. It's not what I'd want but it's obviously exactly what they want, and I'm happy for them.

Yeah, it may be ugly as poo poo but at least there's a vision there. Much better than the never ending soulless white-and-beige mush that drains your soul within minutes of entering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What I can't parse is why does the peepshow pooper lock from the outside?

That part seems to cinch that it's some kinda sex thing. Play out some kind of lock-up fetish without having to worry about bathroom breaks that also lets the lockee have access to fresh water.