Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gonna build a conversion pit in my living room... or... DYING ROOM!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You put the washing machine where it fits.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I mean you do normally have to put it where there is a plumbing fixture unless you have my granny's old twin tub you had to empty with a siphon.

However, you can not put it where it doesn't fit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How backwoods are you people, to consider living next to a graveyard somehow notable :confused:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

aniviron posted:

Soil is just dead stuff. Every house is built on top of a graveyard, except, like, Fallingwater.

I have some bad news about what comes out of things when they die.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

I have some bad news about how the backwoodsest people often have family plots on their own land

So, backwoods enough to just eat your dead.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

freelop posted:

Statistically a dead person is less likely to kill you than a live one

Shut up, Dracula.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How did these alcoholic 105-year-old men in the age of heroin and mercury being the only medicines in use die? CURSE!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

Has to be for the spoon collection. The hooks are staggered horizontally so a spoon handle can hang down between the bowls of the row below.

Disclosure: my sister collected spoons

My brother kept his spoon collection in the back of his Fiat. A cop car rammed into it during a chase and it was an explosion of stolencollected cafeteria spoons.

e: The Fiat was parked, the cops weren't chasing my brother for PTS or any other crime.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Roy was 75 and Siegfried was 81 when they died in 2020 and 2021 respectively so this tracks

They were not known to like birds, tho.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Maybe the tigers liked birds.

Who doesn't like a snack.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:01 on May 8, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wee Bairns posted:

I love this, and know what it is.

But it also very much reminds me of my father's old wodden fishing shack in rural Nova Scotia, which were basically small barns.

It's bannable to post small barn.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

this is violins

That's why they put the photographer in a cell.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, the journey from a fancy house down into The Door Room is something else.

I'm just going to say the truth here: the door room is the only good thing about all that. I would put my study in the door room. And mine the glory, mine the power.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I don't know why but the idea of living in a studio apartment is perfectly fine but a house with a cramped bedroom gives me the willies.

My bedroom only just fits my bed. I can't get in bed from the side which took a bit of getting used to, but it saves a lot on heating and, well, if I'm in the bedroom I'm gonna be in bed anyway so why the need for more room?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

You are describing a coffin, you are a dracula.

I don't think coffins have windows or radiators? Or come to think of it, beds.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phy posted:

The more bed you have in your bedroom, the less room you have in your bedroom

Seriouspost: I like not being able to roll.off my bed onto the flo4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I usually use my bedroom as a pseudo office or living room as well. I much prefer watching TV in bed than on a couch.

Weirdly enough, my ideal bed is the little floor coffins from Dollhouse. That looks so goddamn cozy.

I use my living room as a living room, and my study as an office if need be.

I had a TV in my old bedroom but there's nothing on TV anyway. Watched a lot of Nanny, Seinfeld, and Friends on that thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

aniviron posted:

From the Ukraine war thread, Russian Defense Minister Shoigu's house: https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1673730794194444288

I see indoor pools and think mold.

At certain latitudes you will find that most swimming pools are indoor pools, for reasons.

(I have swam in the Southern-most indoor swimming pool in the Republic of Finland. I was told it was that by the inhabitant of the Southern-most year-round inhabited caravan in the Republic of Finland.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When u live on the set of a 80s Erasure music video.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That's the library, by the by. You can check out the/a bedroom by clicky on picky.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Listen, euclideanish is good enough.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

aniviron posted:

Amazing how normal that makes the rest of the house feel. Even the yellow & black spaceship airlock bedroom feels very tame compared to the red alert of the library. I have to imagine that was challenging to photograph properly.

I should go to a showing.

e: Oh wait OP knows I have no money :(

ee: By the by, given it's location and price, it will absolutely 100% be completely ruined by whoever buys it as an investment. It's a literal stone's throw from the market, but on a side street with not much thoroughfare.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Jul 12, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I live in a 70s house.

1870s. Love my 40 000-metre-high ceilings. Changing a lightbulb means I have to build a sort of ziggurat out of furniture because my ladder won't reach.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Peg Sliderskew posted:

This is very trippy.

"Why don't you have a seat on the SCP couch!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Twenty Four posted:

I'm not sure what the "cave room" is for?

Cave things. Knowers will know.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pookah posted:

I love the post-apocalyptic, hastily barred door in the second image, plus the nearby balcony, so handy for picking off zombies or wasteland raiders.
The patch of moss-covered, rotten floorboards on the left in the third image says dire things about the state of either the roof or the window above.

You mean the green doormat?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pookah posted:

How can it be a doormat when it's not under a doorway?
Check and mate.

It's under the doorway TO HEAVEN.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If there's no structural damage, seems like a doable fixer-upper anyway.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

aniviron posted:

Nah this poo poo is so old it doesn't even play .wav files let alone .mp3s.

I'm fine with VOC or AU. Throw in MOD and S3M capability and I'm sold.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Remulak posted:

Walls will collapse in 5 years, but maybe worth it.

Oh. Why?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

It's not for washing up though

I think that's pretty clear from the fact that you can't fit any dishes in it. Well glasses and cutlery maybe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

All that to avoid a perfectly good split level

No mold on the [Whatever alapohja is called in English. I doubt it's "bottom bottom"]!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: there is literally literally no difference between having a dedicated ugly Spider-Man room and having a single Funko Pop or Amiibo or whatever on your desk or shelf. It's just a question of scale.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I also want my ceilings to look like a kebab-pizzeria wall.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's possible to cuddle in a chair.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

Yes, but it rules out the vast majority of cuddle positions and you're gonna want variety

I'm a La Z Boy.

e: I have two sofas at home tho. Only one comfy chair and it's not even pointed at a TV or anything. It's my wardrobe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

peepshow pooper

Tautology, as all shitters have a peephole.

(And are latched on the outside.)

e: Obligatory Fingerborg (for ants)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Y'all are being really weird. The barns look like they're about to fall down but the house just looks like an old farmhouse that wasn't ever refurbished on the inside after 1950 or so.

The barn's fine, just straighten it out.

The only thing about that listing I find weird is the chimney placement and the lack of a hedge - but maybe hedges aren't a thing whereverthefuck that is.