Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

holtemon posted:

You'd think a guy "worth" hundreds of billions of dollars could just write a big rear end check to his baby mamas and be done with it but no, gotta stay greedy and lovely

It's not about money here - he just hopes Grimes will come back to him, and even if it's just for the money he can pretend it's love

euphronius posted:

We could just also get rid of stocks.

I want to take a master in macroeconomics just to make models where we close the stock markets - because as they are now finance are ruining the economy

I also get annoyed when people conflate finance with economics. The latter is the science, the former is the way you can exploit it for your own benefit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Economics ain't a science

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
can't do science with numbers, everyone knows that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Viscous Soda posted:

You know it just occurred to me... does Mush hate the terms cis and cisgender because he thinks they're slang for sissy? I mean, I had that pop into my head and thought "Nah, there's no way he could be that ignorant" but after so long reading this thread I'm not that confident.

No

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

"... and then all the bot operators got scared they would get sued. So they ended all their operations and left for good. Musk had finally done it: he got rid of the bots."

Musk is out of ideas, helplessly flailing around while his unmoderated, declining, cash-starved platform is overrun by bots.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Anders posted:

It's not about money here - he just hopes Grimes will come back to him, and even if it's just for the money he can pretend it's love

I want to take a master in macroeconomics just to make models where we close the stock markets - because as they are now finance are ruining the economy

I also get annoyed when people conflate finance with economics. The latter is the science, the former is the way you can exploit it for your own benefit

China has stocks (I think ?) but is not controlled by the bourgeoisie if you want a model

The USA economic and finance institutions need to be razed to the ground however.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Isn’t “engagement farming” exactly what anyone making a living of SM is doing professionally? Or is it a real term with real meaning I’ve never heard?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Does Elon drive a Cybertruck?

Why the Cyber? Is that a play on saber?
Like "The saber-like edges will slice anything on contact"?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

....That's like, most of Twitter at this point.

Also Elon: Hey advertisers, you should post more virally like these "epic" memes I'm reading!!

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

euphronius posted:

China has stocks (I think ?) but is not controlled by the bourgeoisie if you want a model

The USA economic and finance institutions need to be razed to the ground however.

... they are definitly controlled by the rich and powerful in China too

But when i talk about making a model in macroeconomics it's trying to calculate the effects of doing X will have on Y, Z and the rest of the alphabet. Using macroeconomic models from China would be pointless because you'd need to remodel all the other effects on society to fit whatever country/region you want to model

Amphigory posted:

Economics ain't a science
Oh, man, you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny. Have a cookie

It's a social science and not laws of nature like many economists like to belive though. I do get annoyed by that joke (Its the lefts version of "attack helicopter" except it's 100 years older), because the left needs way more economists to do the work on how we can redistribute more evenly. I think that particular joke has been a detriment to leftism in general, because we've left the narrative on economics to the right

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BigglesSWE posted:

Isn’t “engagement farming” exactly what anyone making a living of SM is doing professionally? Or is it a real term with real meaning I’ve never heard?

I looked it up as I'm pretty sure I was thinking along the same lines as you and yeah seems the term is very ill-defined and found just a bunch of definitions that only broadly were similar. Basically, from what they all agreed on, it just seemed to be having a strategy to fake genuine interactions with an account to make a brand seem more popular than it is.

So yeah, includes pretty much all professional social media people. If he was planning on getting rid of all that it would actually be a good thing, but nah, that post was likely the start and end of his war on "engagement farming".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ok well I’ll be clearer. If you want stocks but a functioning democracy at the same time you need to have a communist state (like China) and not the USA

np19
Dec 25, 2016

Anders posted:

100% agree with this post regarding finance and economics.

Economics is a social science and as david graeber once said, “finance is just other people’s debts”

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
That video of musk posing on the red carpet makes me viscerally uncomfortable in a way that almost nothing else has. It's gone beyond cringe/secondhand embarrassment into something else.

Someone has a side by side of it with the Sims character screen and it's loving identical. The little simpering laugh after each pose. Eugh.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

"traced to the source"

He has no idea what engagement farming is, does he?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

IBroughttheFunk posted:

An interesting - maybe even concerning - take from a man who spends several hours a day giving single word responses to the most overt right-wing engagement bait posts on the exact site he's threatening

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

euphronius posted:

Lmao if you truly believe the high echelons of the CCP aren't bourgeois

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/niccruzpatane/status/1781160154630672444

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

From recall numbers, sounds like they have sold 3,878 cybertrucks

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Groundbreaking and revolutionary solution here

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

euphronius posted:

Ok well I’ll be clearer. If you want stocks but a functioning democracy at the same time you need to have a communist state (like China) and not the USA

:tinfoil:

So in your logic, to have democracy, you need to have communism, but not like the other democracy? got it.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'll be honest I would normally want to kill this derail but I want to see where this goes because I bet it's about to get fascinating :munch:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

notwithoutmyanus posted:

So in your logic, to have democracy, you need to have communism, but not like the other democracy? got it.

Democracy with chinese characteristics, obviously

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

GUYS WE INVENTED THE GAS PEDAL

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
As a temporary solution Tesla will be nailing all cybertrucks to a makeshift wooden frame so as not to fall apart on account of being a giant pile of poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

notwithoutmyanus posted:

You got it ! :hf:

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'll be honest I would normally want to kill this derail but I want to see where this goes because I bet it's about to get fascinating :munch:

Spoiler alert I bet it's not lol

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

euphronius posted:

What are you even talking about. Jfc you come out with utter poo poo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Groundbreaking and revolutionary solution here

I find it riveting

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

In the example is it China that has a functioning democracy

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
somehow the rivet on the pedal will pierce the battery bank

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

kazil posted:

From recall numbers, sounds like they have sold 3,878 cybertrucks

yeah lmao

https://techcrunch.com/2024/04/19/tesla-cybertruck-throttle-accelerator-pedal-stuck/

only 3,800 of these monstrosities and there are more videos of it failing than any other car selling magnitudes more. Masterful gambit sir

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
4000 and literally all of them went to the worst influencers you can imagine

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

CBD Corndog posted:

yeah lmao

https://techcrunch.com/2024/04/19/tesla-cybertruck-throttle-accelerator-pedal-stuck/

only 3,800 of these monstrosities and there are more videos of it failing than any other car selling magnitudes more. Masterful gambit sir

Excuse me you try building a car that looks like a low polygon sims model and can traverse off-road at speeds up to 8 mph

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I thought way more had been made tbh. 50k or something similar

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

steinrokkan posted:

4000 and literally all of them went to the worst influencers you can imagine

Fashfluencers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They don’t have standard builds at Tesla so it may be those are just the 4000 CT with that particular part. Though I don’t know if Tesla can track which car has which part so yeah it’s probably all of them

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So it sounds like a whole number percentage rate of catastrophic failures among the entire fleet in the first couple weeks? That's amazing

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tai posted:

I thought way more had been made tbh. 50k or something similar

Quick Googling and it seems Tesla hasn't released any numbers yet, so :shrug:

The only official statement I could find is that in February this year they said they want to in 18 month ramp up production to 125k a year.

And as that's an official Tesla statement and it was made before the layoffs, I can only assume the actual numbers are wayyyyy below that.

(there was one random who said they had a "friend of a friend" who worked at the cybertruck factory and was making 80 a day, but as it's a random internet post that admits it's just passed on gossip, take that with a massive grain of salt https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/cybertruck-production-rate-80-units-daily-currently-as-of-2-24-24.12600/)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

holtemon posted:

Spoiler alert I bet it's not lol

Now that the Cybertruck has that stupid pop up door handle by the B pillar this pic makes me wonder if those handles are glued on