Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Pussy in bio, but you have to find it yourself- organically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
very much enjoying how none of these cbrtk owners seem to know what a "road" actually is and what it means to be "off" said road

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
This is totally a serious truck with serious truck drivers testing it out so let's all just settle down ok

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Heck I bet I could walk down that off road.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Songbearer posted:

Here Is My Clever Solution

WORSHIP ME AS A GOD

Wow the Coen Brothers already thought of this, only 30 years ago

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I regret to report the new Grok-powered trending sidebar is woke.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

kazil posted:

Don't worry, his AI will solve the problem!

Does Grok have the power and authority to ban Elon Musk from his own platform?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

wa27 posted:

Waits for that first headline to get scrubbed....

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SilverSupernova posted:

Does Grok have the power and authority to ban Elon Musk from his own platform?

"Any attempt to arrest ban a senior officer of OCP Twitter results in shutdown"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Elon Musk should build a Cyber Cycle

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kru posted:

* tugs collar *

Move fast slow and don't break things

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

PhazonLink posted:

i really hate this loving trope. "bros" say theyre independent, or centrist, or moderate, or "classically" liberal, or even left(tim "beanie/ bald" pool) but then say the left have gotten so extreme so theyre rightwing now.

no you piece of poo poo

Timeless:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

lol they're building Elon a big special court for big special boys

The Fifth Circuit already exists in Texas, and chances are he's aiming to move all legal matters through Marshall, TX, a well known corporation-friendly patent troll judiciary.

Watch that aftermarket safety rivet installed by the Tesla Genius Bar still void the warranty :elon:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
In 6 weeks reports start coming in of rivets shearing off.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Is this an actual recall that requires people to stop using them, or do they just need another software update or trip to the dealer?

It's an actual recall needing physical work done. The cosmetic accelerator pedal trim can come off and get wedged in the wheel well, causing the pedal to be stuck at 100% throttle. This video shows the problem.

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1779600432085819708

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tai posted:

In 6 weeks reports start coming in of rivets shearing off.

they probably extend so far down they puncture the tires if you press the gas too hard.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

CBD Corndog posted:

yeah lmao

https://techcrunch.com/2024/04/19/tesla-cybertruck-throttle-accelerator-pedal-stuck/

only 3,800 of these monstrosities and there are more videos of it failing than any other car selling magnitudes more. Masterful gambit sir

So wait, all of these constant nightmarish defects and horror stories are coming from a denominator of just under 4,000?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the way to remove engagement farming is to remove almost all metrics and numbers.

like a big problem with big tech is the keep making metrics for everything, everything is data, but they never ask if that data is even remotely useful information. also as an aside, i remember a 101 class and data and info as vocab words, data is any measurement, info is data with context

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

lol this is every blue checkmark

hell, you pay MrBeast to do most of this
hall monitor rear end tweet

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Is bragging about impressions engagement farming?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

shyduck posted:

hall monitor rear end tweet

Blockwart

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

kazil posted:

Concerning

Thank

Will look into this

wow

etc

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Ehud posted:

lol I can't stop watching cybertruck "off-roading" videos

https://x.com/teslaownersSV/status/1781180362129052020

it's a smooth dirt road

Lol my Nissan Leaf could drive in that with no issue.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think it was a Dan Olson video where he said Facebook's Metaverse feels like it was designed for people who had no idea about the concept of video games because of how assbackwards it was as entertainment when video games exist.

Cybertruck is that if you replaced Video games with the concept of the vehicle.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Ehud posted:

it's a smooth dirt road

That's not off road! It's a regular dirt road! I grew up on one, I drove my corolla every day to work for years on one just like this! GAH

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PhazonLink posted:

the way to remove engagement farming is to remove almost all metrics and numbers.

like a big problem with big tech is the keep making metrics for everything, everything is data, but they never ask if that data is even remotely useful information. also as an aside, i remember a 101 class and data and info as vocab words, data is any measurement, info is data with context

Yeah "gamification" is what leads to engagement but it is also what leads to engagement farming.

Can't have one without the other Elon

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Paying people for their engagement numbers and cracking down on engagement farming you regularly reply to - only a business genius as singular as Musk could cook that up.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

He sees people complaining about it, but has zero ideas of what to do about it. So he makes a big show that he's gonna do something if everyone doesn't shape up and will forget about it by tomorrow.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yo I'm gonna make an MMO where you level up as you gain XP but I don't want anybody just sitting around killing boars to get more XP, they have to get it the natural organic way by being awesome

Also I want more users

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Spoiler Alert: the claim that grok is tracing engagement farming “to the source” is designed to create the spectre of a source behind it at all (i.e. Jews).

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Ehud posted:

it's a smooth dirt road

If you can see a road and you're following another car, is it really "off road"?

I've driven a Honda CRV on a horse trail, and that's more "off road" than a Tesla can handle.

kazil posted:

Jesus. Grok is a chatbot based on ChatGPT with a funne Elon prompt slapped on it. It doesn't have the analytics to figure out "who's content farming", much less ACCESS TO ANY RELEVANT INFORMATION.

I'm use to tech bros overinflating claims and just slapping buzzwords on stuff, but has he forgotten what Grok is? It's not the Jarvis for his Iron Man suit. It's a better version of the game 'Facade'

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
My engagement farming is currently stuck at 69% :saddowns:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a non-zero chance that Elon Musk gets banned by his own chatbot.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

The road I grew up on was way gnarlier than that, and my mum drove it every day in a Datsun 120Y.
She had a mini when I was very small, but it had drum brakes on all four wheels and it lost the brakes with very small me in a baby seat, so she drove it up against a dirt bank; the alternate option being off a cliff in the other side of the road.
Anyway, a 70s mini and a 70s datto 120Y both crush the cybertruk in dirt road handling

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

If this gets rejected, how hosed is Musks collateral regarding the twitter loans?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Live feed of Mr. Musk at the X HQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGjSDdYiug8

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

Ok well I’ll be clearer. If you want stocks but a functioning democracy at the same time you need to have a communist state (like China) and not the USA

Oh I get it now, you're doing a bit about engagement farming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

wa27 posted:

So only 3900 Cybertrucks were sold total?

It launched 5 months ago, so 780 a month.

A google shows 1 million new cars are bought in the US per month.

https://www.marklines.com/en/statistics/flash_sales/automotive-sales-in-usa-by-month

1,082,620 new units in Jan 2024

So Cybertruck is 0.072047% of monthly sales in the US in 2024

Blazing Your Glory here Elon.