Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
anyway i was trying to get onedrive on ios to work properly with 3 accounts (lol) and noticed this https://3rdpartysource.microsoft.com/

the list is pretty interesting but will probably take a long time to load. for some reason they literally list every release of edge with its respective chromium source

but also holy crap a lot of ms products use ffmpeg, libmatroska, gstreamer

hell i even saw dpkg and adwaita in there lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

owned

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
there was something called a "microsoft 4k wireless adapter" that just had a "SDK release" dependency, idk what that is but it sounded interesting

lol it's just linux

e: this thing i guess? https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Display-Adapter-Black/dp/B08JM41WGW

interesting

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 5, 2024

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I remember in like 2012 or 2014 there was a lot of speculation that windows would change to a Unix system with a custom built WINE implementation. I wonder whatever happened to that

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they prolly aren't capable of it themselves, first party or no

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

oh christ i just realized it's the one year anniversary of me moving here :negative:

you're becoming more floridian by the minute

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i realized after i hit post. it was 6 am

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
thats why we all nap

start nappin

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I remember in like 2012 or 2014 there was a lot of speculation that windows would change to a Unix system with a custom built WINE implementation. I wonder whatever happened to that

this feels crazy due to all the hardware support problems

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

no

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
sunday near a lake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023