Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt posted:

if any of your neighbors gets a peacock you need to posse up with the rest of the neighbors and drive those people out with pitchforks

who the gently caress owns a peacock in a non-zoo, non-farm situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

absolutely agree with roose here

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

probably, but that does not appeal to me, so i have not investigated further

:supaburn:

lol yeah, like, that seems vaguely interesting but i absolutely do not want to see it

rotor posted:

extremely rich people

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
e.g.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

"hello? yeah is this the garden center? yeah? ok what kind of pesticide do you recommend for peacocks?"

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

rotor posted:

"hello? yeah is this the garden center? yeah? ok what kind of pesticide do you recommend for peacocks?"

hollow point

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

rotor posted:

caligula?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

extremely rich people

the same people who own tigers, elephants, etc.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

there's someone on my regular cycle route that has a peacock, I see it in their driveway occasionally

it is not a farm, or appear to be particularly wealthy

it is semi-rural though

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

there is a guy on the southeast side of the city here, where it's pretty rural that has a kangaroo for a pet, or at least they did 7-ish years ago. dunno if they still have it or not, or even how long kangaroos typically live

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

they're just fancy chickens its not like they are particularly difficult to care for

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

they're just fancy chickens its not like they are particularly difficult to care for

kangaroos are not chickens. they have cartoons about it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

rotor posted:

absolutely agree with roose here

though we do not align on prairie dog issues, i am glad we are in agreement on this.

cjs: my boss told me not to work on stuff any more for a client i've been helping for a long time. yesterday they asked for something, and i told them no, and in response they sent a big whiny email to everyone about all the problems they're having, so now i have to go in tomorrow for an 8:15 meeting to address their concerns :nutshot:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

cjs: my boss told me not to work on stuff any more for a client i've been helping for a long time. yesterday they asked for something, and i told them no, and in response they sent a big whiny email to everyone about all the problems they're having, so now i have to go in tomorrow for an 8:15 meeting to address their concerns :nutshot:

the peacock to work pipeline is real

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
I went to see a movie at Hollywood Forever ages ago and while I was walking out one of those lovely things screeched like ten feet behind me and I just about peed myself

cjs: had a widdle fucky wucky and hadda go to urgent care for stitches. Unpleasant and spendy but it does give me a great reason to do almost no work today so 🤷🏻‍♀️

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
behold, shaggar's nightmare

https://missionlocal.org/2024/04/could-the-guerilla-action-at-the-wiggle-permanently-slow-autos/

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"the wiggle"?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

prefect posted:

"the wiggle"?

it's a street where everyone drives big red cars

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its the least inclined bike route from market street to golden gate park, because there's this tension between humankind's natural laziness and the fact that you gotta be a hardcore bikerider to ride in a city as hilly as sf

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

prefect posted:

"the wiggle"?

its the name of a bike route into downtown sf

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ok well then i guess that covers that

mystes
May 31, 2006

What happened to the rest of the wiggles?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mystes posted:

tragically decapitated in a multiple-fatality highway accident.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

started rewatching silicon valley and holy poo poo im just big head. an incompetent midwit who keeps succeeding for reasons beyond his knowledge

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

cool

they recently did congestion pricing for mid and downtown manhattan as long as youre not on the highway (or possibly exiting a toll tunnel) which i think is great

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

mystes posted:

They contracted a lethal strain of chlamydia from koalas

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

hbag posted:

started rewatching silicon valley and holy poo poo im just big head. an incompetent midwit who keeps succeeding for reasons beyond his knowledge

you should definitely endeavor to share his relaxedness and quietly optimistic nature

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Enderzero posted:

you should definitely endeavor to share his relaxedness and quietly optimistic nature

he was getting paid figgies to literally do nothing of course he was relaxed and quietly optimistic

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i've never seen silicon valley, but a lot of "success" is just showing up and caring only a little more than other people. a lot of people don't show up and don't care

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

friend, sometimes it's important to touch fish

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i've never seen silicon valley, but a lot of "success" is just showing up and caring only a little more than other people. a lot of people don't show up and don't care

alright but i am yet to meet a single developer who is worse than me. everyone i know is doing insane poo poo i cant even begin to wrap my head around

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you haven't met that many developers

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

also the ones you have met all have the same impostor syndrome

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

just played hooky to go to the gym for the last time before my move. goodbye, local community center gym, frequented by boom pro wrestling champion ravenous randy meyers "the weirdo hero"

next place is right next to an anytime fitness and i expect they will have more availability on the squat racks

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

hbag posted:

alright but i am yet to meet a single developer who is worse than me.
Trust me, Hilbo: you will

Also Bighead is goals. I'd rather be a cheerful idiot than any of those other miserable pricks. Except maybe Jared.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

betty boof posted:

Also Bighead is goals. I'd rather be a cheerful idiot than any of those other miserable pricks. Except maybe Jared.

Jared seems stressed out all the time. However, he does gently caress.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Share Bear posted:

also the ones you have met all have the same impostor syndrome
this is the key. none of us know what we're fuckin doing

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

betty boof posted:

isnt it a running joke that jared's entire life has been abject misery

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

you haven't met that many developers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

this is the key. none of us know what we're fuckin doing