Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

we are pi planning again and i can't tell you wtf i did last pi. i hate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cjs: 3pl is so backed up they're asking people to go to the warehouse and pick items for shipping lol.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I ran out of ambien at the beginning of the week and my scrip was filled today but the pharmacy closed early because I guess someone got the roni.

Anyways it’s that time in the night where I stalk myself.

my old music tastes were very lol. grime hipster.

https://youtu.be/4A8T4lVu074?list=PL24745CB249D36202

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

wife came out to yell at me for being to loud with my music nostalgia

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i want to be 16 sneaking into limelight again

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=10qo8j7-ZFc

when music makes your skin tingle and your belly feel warm

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

should have done better drugs imo

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

lol

also loving Red Bulls

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

work sucks. learn to steal from your employer

:yeah:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

fart simpson posted:

the walton children got to 10 figures without any of them working more than zero hours

i’m gonna grow up to be a walton

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

took a grinder to the lintels over my garage that were incredibly rusty and probably starting to gently caress with the mortar and brick above them. painted them with a nice grey rustoleom. they probably have never been repainted since the house was built in 1999.

owning a house loving blows.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

PIZZA.BAT posted:

'.... ok so ten points'

:bang:

non-fibonacci pointing????

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

we started doing t shirt sizing instead of numbers. I like it.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

hbag posted:

certainly love that if i want to develop for more than 1 platform unity has me constantly re-enter license keys

i would be pretty entertained if you ever have to deal with apple code signing

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao when i moved in i had code violations that were older than your house is now

lookit kd with his fancy brand new house, oh just take it for a spin

*kd slaps roof* you can fit so many things that aren't asbestos in this baby

yeah def prefer this to an older house. sincerely.

it still sucks to have:
1999 hvac unit that i hope does not give up the ghost during the summer but my father in law keeps it at 68 all summer long sooooo(our hvac unit got replaced right before we bought the house)
1999 roof that will need replacing SOON
1999 siding that has a fun bulge on the left side of the house
1999 concrete stairs and porch that are deteriorating due to said lintel rust
1999 pella windows that were not maintained and thus are drafty as poo poo and the wood is hella warpped so some of them don't close properly also almost every window is missing the screen windows.
1999 outlets and switches(def should have had these all replaced before we moved in and had the place painted)

that's the major stuff. i don't think we have a list for all the minor stuff.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

is there some dumb privacy poo poo that's giving someone an excuse to be incredibly lazy and not set up source control? if there is don't get yourself in trouble intern.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i have a late june bday so it's almost exactly 6 months from christmas. made for good presents at both events. never got to bring in cupcakes and be the most popular kid for a day though.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

dioxazine posted:

not a fan of anything between april and october, to be honest. i do a lot better in the cold.

i will watch champions league, the world cup, and the CPBL

got some news about the world cup this year.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

carmacks way of doing software

getting blind drunk and marveling at what you wrote in the morning?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

doing a stupid code project.

i don't know what the gently caress just happened but git reset --hard ate some files but not all that were committed but not pushed. pain. so much pain.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i have no idea what the gently caress this reset even did. it removed a package added with swift package manager and recreated the main storyboard which i deleted???

reflog is useless too

code:

c0cff6c (HEAD -> main) HEAD@{1}: reset: moving to HEAD
c0cff6c (HEAD -> main) HEAD@{2}: commit: search working with mvvm and tests
90e4dca HEAD@{3}: commit (initial): Initial Commit

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

git fsck dangling blobs are just fresh .swift files

hahaha gently caress me.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

loving interview projects never again

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the files are there in finder but not linked to Xcode. I’ll loving take it. my tests are gone though and that’s annoying.

I almost shed a tear over this poo poo

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

kd it's almost midnight man, this sounds like it sucks real bad and you should take a break

if i were in your shoes i would absolutely not be able to take a break either, but i'd regret it in the morning

break good. just going to start a new project and copy stuff over + rewrite tests. should take less than an hour.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

two of the iOS devs just announced they got siqq gigs at Google and are now going to make twice and 3x what they were making, but both are moving to NYC or Cali to take the gig

proud of em :3:

nice I have one of those coming up. could you ask what their interviews covered for me?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Stringent posted:

why not just erase .git/ and reinitialize?

coworker said he would look at it with me this am so the new project is a hedge in case we get stuck. i also think this has to do with me sticking the project in an empty workspace that wasn’t tracked by git.

i’m back to where i was before disaster. debating adding ui tests. i feel like unit testing the view model and networking service should be enough but i never know what people want or expect.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

principal engineer put in his resignation. lol.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

mystes posted:

I would definitely not assume this and it also doesn't really matter? If someone's on the hood of your car, you need to stop. Even if they don't get off, that doesn't give you the right to just be like "oh whatever I guess I'll just murder this guy."

I honestly don't understand why I need to explain this but I guess americans are already psychopaths and then they're doubly psycopaths when they get behind the wheel of cars?

yeah let me stop the car so some white psychopath that jumps on people's cars can murder me. gently caress off.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

mystes dumb rear end is going to say he should have called the cops next.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I wish the champions league final would start instead of whatever is happening

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

liverpool got saved there

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the best part of being grill master is after your done cooking and everyone is like yeah this tastes great and you’re drinking beer.

that’s my story folks. thanks.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I also found out 12 burgers at once is too much for me to handle only because my baby hands couldn’t handle the heat from the grill. so my flips plus cheese laying was a little delayed.

I think 6 at once is the magic number to get nice medium rare burgs for now.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

good mornings are an excellent exercise. but uh be careful of snap city.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you can go use gloves. alternative is gettin line cook hands the line cook way, which seems not fun

yeah I’m just going to stick to six.

i think I have really sensitive hands though. getting toast or a pop tart from the toaster hurts. :unsmith:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

as soon as my cpap mask comes off marie(stocky tabby) hops in the bed and assaults me for snuggles

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

both my cats are afraid of the cpap machine and anything associated with it. it works out well.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Shaggar posted:

nned more and faster trains, imo

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

principal eng at my place is doing this. it's very funny.