Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I got Pixel Thing :smith:

That might be one of the worst.

I got 3099 Shocker, which sucks because I'll never use him, but at least he's an album card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

For some reason the Twitch free variants are almost always bad for me. I got Pixel Mystique which isn't even one of the pixels in an album.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I got Sports Zero which is better than regular Zero.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got pixel Deadpool who isn't too bad and has an album spot so I could have done worse.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I got chibi Coulson :sigh:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Baby Starlord. I hope he doesn't abandon Goose.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

unexceptional Patriot variant

maybe his time will come again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got baby Hawkeye and I have no feelings on it whatsoever

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

LGD posted:

unexceptional Patriot variant

maybe his time will come again

Patriot never really stops being good. He just stops being played. Kinda like Surfer.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I got baby Hawkeye and I have no feelings on it whatsoever

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I saw my first Patriot deck in probably a month the other day. The game gave them Central Park & Onslaught's Citadel, which I thought was pretty nice of it :snap:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I will play Iron Patriot sometimes in Conquest. It can still put up a decent amount of points, but it's not always enough.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Dan Hipp Annihilus. Not terrible, but I haven't played him since his release really.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Two days ago high infinite felt like a healthy mix of decks.

From Baron mill decks to good stuff hope decks, and occasional combo deck sprinkled in, it genuinely felt skill testing and dynamic from match to match.

Now it's just who gets the better proff X off every loving game. I think the meta is just converging on the realization Alioth can just be replaced by Cannonball.

If you see the same poo poo I see, the best players are now running Super Giant as a tech card to get equity against ProffX decks.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
The one nice thing is that there are actual tools against Prof X now. Everyone and their mom bought War Machine, and like you said Super Giant stops the turn 5 Prof X plays. And the more junk gets thrown on your side of the board, the more destroy becomes viable again. I don't think it will stick around like some old lockdown metas.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

The one nice thing is that there are actual tools against Prof X now. Everyone and their mom bought War Machine, and like you said Super Giant stops the turn 5 Prof X plays.

It doesn't stop the more common turn 4 Prof X plays, though. If you're running Prof X, you're almost certainly running Renslayer or an accelerator.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm still shocked at how well this Surfer deck is doing for me. I think it's partially because of this Prof X metagame. Jeff gets you in there, and Surfer / Abs let you sneak power in after the fact. Red Guardian has been crunching Renslayers for me all day long. And it puts up points! I wish I had screenshot it, but I just finished one where I put 25+ in every single lane (thanks to a Wakandan Embassy) and went toe to toe with a Red Hulk in a 7 turn game.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Finally made it to Infinite for the season, and for the first time purely on the back on Negative - also ran into a lot of other Negative decks on the climb, which is another first (and worked out well for me because Skrull+Mystique wrecks most other Mr N setups).

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I got baby Galactus which sucks compared to the gold Glactus i already got from something but it put me to 3 on the new album at least.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Finally made it to Infinite for the season, and for the first time purely on the back on Negative - also ran into a lot of other Negative decks on the climb, which is another first (and worked out well for me because Skrull+Mystique wrecks most other Mr N setups).

Negative is enjoying a small renaissance as a combo deck that plays well into other combo decks. It often goes taller than Hela or Phenoix Force and has room to tech against High Tribunal.

It's nice to see. Mr. Negative is such a fun card, and I wish they'd print a little more support for him.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
getting harder to play this game in a world where balatro exists but went ahead and pulled for guardian in case i ever get interested again, 1 for 1 third time in a row

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
When Balatro comes out on mobile that may be the thing that finally makes me give up Snap

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

It's so ridiculously addicting. I'm glad there aren't microtransactions or I'd be destitute.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I burned out on Balatro pretty quickly. The game not showing your final score before playing a hand turned higher difficulties into a grind because I'm always pausing to do a bunch of math.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I hate the elsa/hope/kitty/angela combo so much. They need to stop releasing cards that should be Ongoing and have some sort of counter, but are just native abilities.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
That deck can only exist because the Zabu nerf crippled the good old Zabu/Sera + Shang Chi + Enchantress + Killmonger/Shadow King template. Not sure how they expect this meta experiment to pan out!

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Shadow King (late) and Red Guardian (early) are fun counters to Angela Kitty stuff. I'm really liking the meta at the moment.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Shadow King is just straight up not getting played enough. I've had a few hit my side of the board for double digits worth of points.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

canyonero posted:

Shadow King (late) and Red Guardian (early) are fun counters to Angela Kitty stuff. I'm really liking the meta at the moment.
Or Killmonger late

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IW-Shadow King is a top tier funny thing to do

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

It's nice to see. Mr. Negative is such a fun card, and I wish they'd print a little more support for him.

I like Negative but I never draw him so I never know what to do with the deck.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I heard that clans was coming out to this game?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I hope not.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Needed some Living Tribunal boosters, accidentally gained 2000 ranks. Everybody just flat refuses to play Enchantress. Or leave when I have an Iron Man and Onslaught on the board.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Devo posted:

All of the pixel cards are credited to a studio called G-Angle. https://www.g-angle.com/
Most of the older ones are complete poo poo, but they've come out with some decent ones lately.

wouldn't be surprised if they're getting a little ai assist (cause it's free labor and why tf not - cards can't get any worse!)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Red Guardian is such a good card. He's a great counter to all kinds of gnarly ongoings, he punishes several triggered cards like Angela and even more notably, Dracula. He's one of the very, very few cards that can do some of the things he can do. And if he's not doing that, he's still a 3 or 5 point swing in a lane.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Veryslightlymad posted:

Red Guardian is such a good card. He's a great counter to all kinds of gnarly ongoings, he punishes several triggered cards like Angela and even more notably, Dracula. He's one of the very, very few cards that can do some of the things he can do. And if he's not doing that, he's still a 3 or 5 point swing in a lane.

He also absolutely fucks non-Hela Tribunal. As in, if the Bugle or White Palace give you a Red Guardian you should immediately retreat because you have 0% chance of winning unless your opponent is catastrophically stupid.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Veryslightlymad posted:

You're not wrong but there are readily available cards that do all those things (Enchantress, Shadow King) and don't cost 1-4 Spotlight keys so I'm unfortunately very much not sold on Red Guardian :(

Except Dracula I guess but idk, if your opponent is pumping up their Apocalypse and you don't have Lady Deathstrike then like, one Cube is worth way less than 1-4 Spotlight keys...

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

this thread convinced me to not get corvus glaive and now I've not been able to play my discard deck at all so yeah IDK I'm not always going to trust goonsay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I think Red Guardian is a mostly skipable very good card. Maybe the best skipable card in the game. He combines aspects of many other existing tech cards, but doing it in a single package feels worthwhile to me. He feels fair to play and play against. I'm glad I grabbed him.

For this week, I'm guessing I'm going play Destroy for a while to mostly ignore White Widow. Not sure if I'll grab her right now, but I'm sure FOMO will eventually get the best of me.