Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Had 10 keys and no Lady DS either so I thought gently caress it and went for it, first was Lady DS, second Selene (so tokens, I still think that the random should be tokens only if you’re S4/5 complete but anyway), third that bad HE variant and finally Red Guardian

Dunno if it was worth it to drop 4 keys on 2 cards but oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

ijyt posted:

this thread convinced me to not get corvus glaive and now I've not been able to play my discard deck at all so yeah IDK I'm not always going to trust goonsay.

goonsay hyped me into War Machine so I hear you buddy

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
yeah i will freely admit i was wrong as all hell about both War Machine and Red Hulk

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I overestimated Red Guardian (tho my analysis came from a Zabu-extant meta) and massively underestimated Red Hulk. While he is just a big stat stick, he is a BIG stat stick.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
tbh I'm not even sure I'd roll on White Widow except I really want that bangin Peach Momoko Nico variant

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think White Widow will be very good but absolutely awful this week as she gets a little mini-meta that is easily countered.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Hazmat shenanigans was the first deck I really had fun with in Marvel Snap so I want to believe. :(

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

tbh I'm not even sure I'd roll on White Widow except I really want that bangin Peach Momoko Nico variant

This is the way.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah ever since I got Nico I've been sitting on boosters so that Peach Momoko variant is heading straight to infinite. Can't believe SD actually convinced me to save up Spotlight keys for a gat drat jpeg.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i will never financially recover from this spotlight

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dera's streaming right now, used 3 keys and got everything BUT white widow, has thousands of credits and ~unlimited boosters, and chooses to spend 6K tokens on white widow instead of upgrading a handful of cards to get another key.

I don't understand the logic. 6000 tokens are way more valuable than a single key.

in fact he upgraded a couple cards to get ~40 ranks away from the 4th key, then spent the tokens.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Blew three keys, got all three cards (I also lacked Snowguard); now I'm out until next season, which looks like it's finally gonna drain my key stash.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Picked up Snowguard, Nico, and WW, all of which I lacked.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Got White Widow, then Nico variant, done in two.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

I didn't have white widow or snowguard, and was ok with getting that nico variant.

Pulled Howard the duck.

I didn't know I could get hurt like that

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I got US Agent and the Snowguard variant, will probably earn another key later this week. Stupidly opened one last week and got the High Evo variant, no idea what I was thinking with that one, poor impulse control.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

White Widow in 4, which makes me feel better about not spending any for Red Guardian. (New card was Miek, meh)

Played 6 games just now, all of them were against WW junk decks. Goblins, Debrii, White & Black Widows.

Looks like it's Destroy week

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Every week is Destroy week in Snap, I think the only times it wasn't a top contender were the Loki and Thanos eras and even then it was at worst a solid ladder climbing deck!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I blew 4 keys last week, but I got 2 new cards, so I'm okay with it.

I have 5 keys right now, and am 40 CL from the next one. I only need WW this week, and I'm on the fence about her anyway. I have a grand total of 100 tokens, so that's not an option.

Then again, I don't have any spotlight wants until... the Namora/Skaar week?

Edit: BLEW 4 KEYS gently caress ME

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I bought WW with tokens this week. I didn't like the variants for the other cards and I am trying to get a good number of keys saved for the future.

I also figured that after getting RG in one cache last week that I would have to spend 4 keys this week.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

this thread convinced me to not get corvus glaive and now I've not been able to play my discard deck at all so yeah IDK I'm not always going to trust goonsay.

i was pretty high on corvus. i'm still pretty high on war machine (he'll get better over time), and was very very high on red hulk aka basically the best six drop we have now.

i'm also pretty high on white widow. if you can't afford to buy, open those gacha lootboxes. she's gonna be busted and they'll have to nerf her.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I swear to god the earlier in the week you pull the more likely you are to get shafted by spotlight pulls

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Skipped the last 2 weeks. I'll do my usual waiting a few days to see how WW turns out. She may be good but I hope she's not, I rather dislike clog decks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

WW is very busted

She's even better than Black Widow and costs less. I imagine she will eat a nerf in a couple of weeks.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I spent 6000 tokens and 4 keys, as foretold in the Prophecy Of Go gently caress Yourself

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I just got white widowed into absorbing man I wish I had started playing this at the start of 2023 instead, this poo poo sucks rear end.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ijyt posted:

I just got white widowed into absorbing man I wish I had started playing this at the start of 2023 instead, this poo poo sucks rear end.

We had Spiderman -> Absorbing Man there, which meant you simply could not play into two lanes on T6. This is better.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

We had Spiderman -> Absorbing Man there, which meant you simply could not play into two lanes on T6. This is better.

no it isn't

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, people think it's hard now?

Leader copied everything you played, with buffs if played without priority.

Wave applied her effect after other discounts. So Death could cost 0. Deathwave was Death, She Hulk, and Aero on turn 6 after Wave on 4. Also, Aero moved every card played.

Quinjet allowed cards to cost 0, and Lockjaw had no restrictions. Add Thanos.

Surfer was a 3/0, +3 to 3 costs. Zabu was a 3/2, -2 to 4 cost cards. Both existed together for all of a month.

Shuri had no lane restrictions, and Shadow King didn't exist.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bad Video Games posted:

Yeah, people think it's hard now?

Leader copied everything you played, with buffs if played without priority.

Wave applied her effect after other discounts. So Death could cost 0. Deathwave was Death, She Hulk, and Aero on turn 6 after Wave on 4. Also, Aero moved every card played.

Quinjet allowed cards to cost 0, and Lockjaw had no restrictions. Add Thanos.

Surfer was a 3/0, +3 to 3 costs. Zabu was a 3/2, -2 to 4 cost cards. Both existed together for all of a month.

Shuri had no lane restrictions, and Shadow King didn't exist.
And the whole time you'd get told it didnt matter what cards you owned its just about snapping and retreating.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ijyt posted:

no it isn't

Everybody gangsta until Galactus is the best card in the meta

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No Wave posted:

And the whole time you'd get told it didnt matter what cards you owned its just about snapping and retreating.

Shuri was the loving worst. Armor on 2 and Cosmo on 3 meant you just retreat. I used to get so loving tilted by that deck.

I ran a Sera Surfer list with Zabu, Enchantress, and Shang Chi. It felt so good whenever it popped off and I dropped 14 energy worth of cards on turn 6.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Slogging through the glory days of Shuri/Red Skull was draining

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Fate Accomplice posted:

Dera's streaming right now, used 3 keys and got everything BUT white widow, has thousands of credits and ~unlimited boosters, and chooses to spend 6K tokens on white widow instead of upgrading a handful of cards to get another key.

I don't understand the logic. 6000 tokens are way more valuable than a single key.

in fact he upgraded a couple cards to get ~40 ranks away from the 4th key, then spent the tokens.
When you are already guaranteed burning 4 keys you might as well pick up the spotlight variant to be a baller, he also has 75,000 tokens.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Spider-Man used to prevent your opponent from playing a card on his lane next turn and he was a four cost, so with Zabu you could turn 5 Spidey and Absorbing man and you opponent couldn't play two lanes on 6.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The correct play was Zabu on 2, Moongirl on 3, Spider-man x 2 on 4, Absorbing Man x 2 on 5.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm glad I pulled the Nico variant on the first key so I knew I could stop as soon as I got White Widow (still took three pulls...)

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Firebert posted:

I'm glad I pulled the Nico variant on the first key so I knew I could stop as soon as I got White Widow (still took three pulls...)

White Widow in 1… And I really want that Nico variant but going to hold myself.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
wave galacuts spider-man was the best era of telling your opponent to go gently caress themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Reek posted:

wave galacuts spider-man was the best era of telling your opponent to go gently caress themselves

Followed by Death or Knull just to really rub it in. I'm getting flashbacks.