Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Original version Spider-Man was just a pain in the rear end to deal with. If you saw him get played, you were almost certainly going to get hit with a Galactus or something else bad on T6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020
It's wild original Shuri lasted as long as it did. Even in a perfect world of pulling skull out of armor/cosmo with Aero and then killing him with Shang-Chi you had to win the other lane since Taskmaster copied dead cards power. This wasn't even a consistent gameplan since you had to 50/50 on if they played skull t5 or soaked to she-hulk + taskmaster t6.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I don't know what you're all talking about, original Shuri was the best and that period is the best the game has ever been.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Original version Spider-Man was just a pain in the rear end to deal with. If you saw him get played, you were almost certainly going to get hit with a Galactus or something else bad on T6.

T4 Spider-Man on a lane they were winning usually meant T5 Prof X on the same lane.

And Prof X was 5/3, and it was before Jeff (and now War Machine) existed.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Shuri was beatable in theory, but was definitely the strongest deck in the format.

Double Spider-Man Prof X was God awful.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I remember I had a bullshit deck that was specifically designed to get me the "make your enemy Retreat" missions, it had Spider-Man Professor x, the goblins and a bunch of other annoying things like that

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Opopanax posted:

I remember I had a bullshit deck that was specifically designed to get me the "make your enemy Retreat" missions, it had Spider-Man Professor x, the goblins and a bunch of other annoying things like that

I'm sure white widow and absorbing man would work fine here

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I just want the most obnoxious deck possible. Just the worst.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do C8 with Wong, Odin, White Tiger and, uh…. MODOK?

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

psychopomp posted:

I just want the most obnoxious deck possible. Just the worst.

Turn 4 Storm into Turn 5 Legion on the flood with a Sunspot or Nebula ticking up is pretty funny.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Danger Diabolik posted:

Turn 4 Storm into Turn 5 Legion on the flood with a Sunspot or Nebula ticking up is pretty funny.

Turn 3 storm, War Machine on 4, Legion on 5

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...
Red hulk then white widow, drat. I can see why people are bringing up worst meta's, we're near peak pay2win.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

OTA is out-

Red Hulk now 6/9
US Agent gets a buff to cause -4 power now
Jean Grey buffed to 3/4
Stature buffed back to 5/7
Mantis is now a 1/2 (this counts as a buff)
Jane Foster is now a 5/9 (buff)

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Love buffing a two-week old card nobody is playing because it was widely avoided and now the only way to try it out is engaging with the gross economy. It almost seems like SD is trying to get ppl to just spend keys for the new stuff Right Now because you never know when the trash might get buffed and you never know how long the obviously OP stuff will stay that way.

Sometimes I wonder what was SD's original plan for card acquisition. Were they seriously gonna do a single monthly Season Pass card and supplement entirely with Nexus Events? That first one only had one new card alongside some at-the-time exclusive variants and some boosters and cosmetics or whatever. When they did the big Series 4 & 5 release and your new card caches and reserves had a chance for them, the implication was that this had not been the original plan. They couldn't really have thought they could get away with weekly Nexus Events, could they?

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Reek posted:

Red Hulk in one, on a bit of a roll!

Pretty much inevitable that after 3 first time pulls in a row it took 4 keys to get white widow

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

godogg posted:

Love buffing a two-week old card nobody is playing because it was widely avoided and now the only way to try it out is engaging with the gross economy. It almost seems like SD is trying to get ppl to just spend keys for the new stuff Right Now because you never know when the trash might get buffed and you never know how long the obviously OP stuff will stay that way.

Sometimes I wonder what was SD's original plan for card acquisition. Were they seriously gonna do a single monthly Season Pass card and supplement entirely with Nexus Events? That first one only had one new card alongside some at-the-time exclusive variants and some boosters and cosmetics or whatever. When they did the big Series 4 & 5 release and your new card caches and reserves had a chance for them, the implication was that this had not been the original plan. They couldn't really have thought they could get away with weekly Nexus Events, could they?

I'm pretty sure that was their plan. They only stopped the Nexus Events because there was a huge backlash from the community. Including all of the streamers who promoted their game for free. The Token Shop was fine with series drops, especially since they kept some key cards at series 4 & 5 to force people to spend tokens. But that didn't bring in enough money because once you had all of the important cards, then you could just stop engaging with it. Everything with Spotlights just seems like they're flailing in the wind.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I would have rather seen a +3 buff to Red Hulk instead of a drop in base power, but let's see how this goes.

Mantis and US Agent are still trash, but the other buffs are fine. I don't know if Jean is ever going to be truly good as a symmetrical effect.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone come up with a decent brew for White Widow? I bought her because I think she's decently generically strong, but I have no idea what to do with her.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Devo posted:

Anyone come up with a decent brew for White Widow? I bought her because I think she's decently generically strong, but I have no idea what to do with her.

I just put her in my Annihilus/Junk deck

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

white widow into negative zone is so fuckin rude

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Devo posted:

Cerebro is always the answer

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Devo posted:

I put her in my Mill deck, which is-

1 Spider-Ham
1 Yondu
2 Beast
2 Cable
2 White Widow
3 Baron Zemo
3 Gladiator
3 Magik
4 Shang-Chi
4 Abs Man
5 Doc Ock
6 Rulk

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Devo posted:

C2 :twisted:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Devo posted:

I would have rather seen a +3 buff to Red Hulk instead of a drop in base power, but let's see how this goes.

Mantis and US Agent are still trash, but the other buffs are fine. I don't know if Jean is ever going to be truly good as a symmetrical effect.

Since the release of Red Hulk I have never felt it being a problem card. Lots of opponents have had it in their deck sure but the amount of times I've literally lost to juicy Red Hulk being played is single digits. OG Hulk with high Evo annoys me much more.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Joink posted:

Since the release of Red Hulk I have never felt it being a problem card. Lots of opponents have had it in their deck sure but the amount of times I've literally lost to juicy Red Hulk being played is single digits. OG Hulk with high Evo annoys me much more.

He didn't feel particularly oppressive from a metagame standpoint, but he did feel like a problem for other 6-drops. He was head and shoulders above than everything else. If your deck wanted a single 6, it wanted Red Hulk. Even some decks that didn't usually run a 6 slotted him just cause he's so dang stat efficient.

KM Best called him "the people's Blob" and I think that's a good way of putting it. An unreasonable large unit that could go in any deck, not just Thanos.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m
Gonna go for white widow partially because that Nico alt is so cool

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh no I got it in 1. Well time to try this in every deck

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Some exceptional luck means I'm getting 4 out of the 5 new cards this month. I skipped US Agent and got every other one in 1 or 2, and the cases I got them in 2 the other card was also one I didn't have. I never had more than 5 keys at one time and I will have 5 for Valentina next week.

I hear people saying card acquisition is bad and I get it, but it's been really good to me basically since I started getting keys.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I've tried a key or two here and there. I got Wolf on my first try, back when he was great. I had a week where, I forget what the three prizes were, but I got Kang, and I had this week where I dropped two keys, missed Widow, but got each of the other two, who I was missing.

I added Snowguard to the deck I was climbing with this season (started all the way down at 19) and my climb speed nearly doubled. So, I don't have much to say about Widow. She hasn't hosed with me at all when I have seen her, but Snowguard is really, really good.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

orenronen posted:

I hear people saying card acquisition is bad and I get it, but it's been really good to me basically since I started getting keys.
It’s because the card acquisition is pretty good.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's still better than it used to be, but it has problems.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

I've tried a key or two here and there. I got Wolf on my first try, back when he was great. I had a week where, I forget what the three prizes were, but I got Kang, and I had this week where I dropped two keys, missed Widow, but got each of the other two, who I was missing.

I added Snowguard to the deck I was climbing with this season (started all the way down at 19) and my climb speed nearly doubled. So, I don't have much to say about Widow. She hasn't hosed with me at all when I have seen her, but Snowguard is really, really good.

What deck we talkin' here? I just picked up Snowguard too, and aren't sure what to do with her.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Loki absolutely loves Snow Guard.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's still better than it used to be, but it has problems.

I have, like, three cards that I don't own (howard the duck, hercules, and usagent) and it'd be cool if I had any chance of opening them outside of the random fourth slot in spotlight keys, but I also understand most people aren't sitting on a near full collection

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

White Widow in 1 key

friday theory becoming friday law

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

New vibranium deals is amazingly broken. They can’t take money or give things away properly lol.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fate Accomplice posted:

White Widow in 1 key

friday theory becoming friday law

I got Widow and Guardian in 1 both times on the initial Tuesday

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

psychopomp posted:

What deck we talkin' here? I just picked up Snowguard too, and aren't sure what to do with her.

The name of the game is location control. This is a deck that went through a couple of key alterations before settling on this and running wild. I originally built it when I unlocked Quake, because I wanted to gently caress around with locations. Every piece puts in serious work. I don't have a B-player on this deck. The biggest let downs are when I misplay Cosmo (which is, to be fair, always a thing with Cosmo) or when Chavez hits Valkyrie. That tiny 2 power to anyone else actually seems to matter, and it's snappable if it hits Brood.

What Snowguard does in this deck:
1)She adds 2 3 cost cards to your hand, giving you more things to Surfer.
2)She adds two cards that gently caress with locations, which is absolutely the main way this deck wins games in the first place.

Bear can win some locations by himself. ("Add two raptors") ("Fill this location with rocks. Skip your turn to destroy the rocks."–doubly effective if you play Quake/Bear on 5 to move the rocks somewhere else.

If you gently caress up with Storm or if there's problem locations, Raven can buy you time. Raven can also do really weird poo poo like "Allow you to play cards in circumstances where the cards would do nothing" Don't want to deal with Deep Space? Raven will let you play Storm on it a turn faster than what you'd otherwise have to do. Raven also shuts off Limbo if you play it on 6, and for some dumb reason, Magik players somehow don't seem to catch this, even with Snowguard cheerfully on board.

Your worst location in this deck is, by far, Crimson Cosmos, since it will invariably hurt you more than it hurts your opponent, and you only have 4 real ways of dealing with it.
1)Quake it late to somewhere you've already filled or nearly filled (lets you Valk it, at least)
2)Play Raven and do your best to fill it, maybe Brood.
3)Play Raven into Storm to shut it off as above.
4)Play Quake into Storm to shut it off on the same turn, but that turn is probably 5.

Quake and Bear go together like Peanut butter and jelly, or Quake and Storm. Storm and Raven also go well together. Bear also works really well with Dazzler and Valk, because, frequently, the location you're triggering is one that creates cards for both players. Dazzler frequently gets two, sometimes all 3 power increases.

Red Guardian is sick. He's a 5 power swing, and will shut off Wong, Sunspot, Iron Man, Negasonic, Blue Marvel, Collector, Patriot, and really helpfully either Morbius or Dracula, putting a serious actually measurable dent into Discard decks. I've noticed that he'll also often shut off Cyclops in High Evolutionary decks, in addition to the more obvious Sunspot, because Cyclops is a work horse that's frequently left/played alone for a little bit. I mean, he's lowering power in his lane constantly, so why would he need the support when I clearly don't want to play into him?

I play Storm every turn 3 I have her, unless something weird happened. If I have Brood and Negasonic: Brood on Storm if opponent has prio, Negasonic on Storm if I have prio. If I have Quake or Snowguard (either in hand or in play), this lets me shut off whatever lane I want, so I might play off of Storm entirely. My opponent doesn't know when her lane will open up, and will treat it as closed.

Negasonic is a great tax card and can guarantee a lane if you have prio on 6. Being Surfer bait is icing. Being improvable by Valk is further icing.

Punisher is like Captain America, only good.

Surfer has 10 potential targets in this deck.

Because it's Surfer, Valk can safely be played on 5, where her biggest weakness is being an awkward turn 6 surprise. Which you can absolutely still do. If you are playing her on 6, she can be played into Punisher or Dazzler, and if your opponent doesn't have an ongoing, you've won. So the only lane Dazzler actually needs to pack is her own, if you have Valk in hand. Punisher and Valk will win a lane 3v4. (EDIT: Valk and Dazzler will also win a 3 v 4 if the other two lanes are full) If you pull this off on 5, you have an absolutely free Surfer your opponent can't do poo poo about.

EDIT 2:
The big scary things to watch out for are:
1)Getting hubristic against H-Evo... Valk is great but won't be enough. If you can't definitively lock them out of a location, you're in serious trouble
2)Move decks, both of your cards and the opponent's cards, but the traditional Heimdall movers are by and large the hardest individual archetype for me to consistently stuff with this deck. But that's OK, because they're generally unfavored right now.
3)Of all conceivable cards, Klaw. Not "Spectrum decks in general." Not Mr Fantastic or Ms. Marvel. Specifically, just fuckin' KLAW. 4 power is just slightly too high to shut him off with Guardian, and unless the lane you've locked down is the left one, Klaw will absolutely gently caress you. I've seen random Klaws that don't seem to match their decks come out, and it's like when the lights go out and the Undertaker is just standing in the ring already. Klaw is terrifying.
4)Red hulk can be a problem if your opponent has prio because your best bet is to Valk him, but your energy situation is awkward so he'll get +4, so it's not a very good bet. If you have prio, though, you can just Negasonic him.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 26, 2024

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

incoherent posted:

New vibranium deals is amazingly broken. They can’t take money or give things away properly lol.

They pulled it. RIP 750 credits and a premium variant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Wtf was that even supposed to be?