Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

mdemone posted:

Again, I would have shown up prepared for this. I'm going to get struck for cause, but I'm going to get on the record.

They might drag me out of the room, but if he is within earshot I will keep reciting the secret names of Trump

"So we see here that you posted on the 'something awful forum' in something called the 'trump lol thread'

"Oh yeah, we had fun joking around and coming up with name for that guy."

"Can you give us some examples?"

"LOL. Lmao."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A whole line of c-spam goons being dragged out of the room shouting "fat orange bitch make the tweeeeeeeeet"

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Since I was the budgeting goon and I’ve kept an eye on a lot of the people I made budgets for, there are several people in TV, at least one famous stand up comic, a few executives at well known companies and other less famous people well known in their niches now.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

There’s at least one former goon who is now a billionaire and in the public eye.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Don't forget Ye Olde Goon Squad!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The Mittani was at least modestly famous for the running Goonswarm at the time.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I mean I’ve had my writing stolen by Newsweek and OCCRP wrote a story based on something I found but I wouldn’t call myself famous at all.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

How did that work out for him?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
As a former Somethingawful moderator . . .I think that was my peak actually

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tesseraction posted:

A whole line of c-spam goons being dragged out of the room shouting "fat orange bitch make the tweeeeeeeeet"

I think I would have been fun to explain to the defense my bedrock belief in a fair and unbiased trial no matter how big a piece of poo poo the defendant is. Just give a fine ol' speech about the sacred duty of the jury for even the most worthless worms, while maintaining eye contact with Donny.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

As a former Somethingawful moderator . . .I think that was my peak actually

Can I put former WoW raid leader on my jury resume?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Gyges posted:

I think I would have been fun to explain to the defense my bedrock belief in a fair and unbiased trial no matter how big a piece of poo poo the defendant is. Just give a fine ol' speech about the sacred duty of the jury for even the most worthless worms, while maintaining eye contact with Donny.

"But ultimately, your honor, I don't think I can truly serve here if it is to be a jury of the defendant's peers, because I actually have integrity," I said, smiling directly at the courtroom sketch artist.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

SpelledBackwards posted:

"But ultimately, your honor, I don't think I can truly serve here if it is to be a jury of the defendant's peers, because I actually have integrity," I said, smiling directly at the courtroom sketch artist.

"Hey, is that slenderman in the back row?"

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Nervous posted:

Can I put former WoW raid leader on my jury resume?

As a manager, I would unironically consider "successful large raid leader in an MMO" as relevant management experience on a resume.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nitrousoxide posted:

As a manager, I would unironically consider "successful large raid leader in an MMO" as relevant management experience on a resume.

I have considered it exactly that way in the past, and asked about it in the interview.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

....and send them death threats for the rest of their lives

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
"On September 12, 2001 you uploaded a file named tribute.avi - could you explain to this New York court the contents of that video?"

"lol. Lmao."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Translated: "successfully herded cats."

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Comstar posted:

I don't understand how a private org could get any standing or force the DOJ to investigate more Trump crimes that undoubtedly happened.

As far as I can tell, they aren't actually suing Trump over this, that's just bad reporting from this particular outlet. So standing isn't really relevant here.

They can't force the DoJ to investigate anything, but who said anything about that? They're just sending a formal letter to the DoJ containing a handy summary of all the evidence they have that maybe there's something worth investigating here.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

DarkHorse posted:

"On September 12, 2001 you uploaded a file named tribute.avi - could you explain to this New York court the contents of that video?"

"lol. Lmao."

Klerck has been dead a long time.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

zoux posted:

....and send them death threats for the rest of their lives
I found the New York Times article and while it is not super detailed, this seems totally unnecessary. Is their desire for every possible cent of attention so great that they have to try to get the jury killed? What the hell.

Also we probably have a hung jury, gently caress.

"Juror 2 [...] He said he follows Mr. Trump's former fixer, Michael D Cohen, who is expected to be a key witness, on social media. But he also said he follows former Trump aeciser Kellyanne Conway. He said he believed Mr. Trump HAD DONE SOME GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY adding "IT GOES BOTH WAYS."

Ffs. So do we hold they are a deluded enlightened centrist who has been living under a rock for years, which seems unlikely, or a Trump supporter?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Diogines posted:

I found the New York Times article and while it is not super detailed, this seems totally unnecessary. Is their desire for every possible cent of attention so great that they have to try to get the jury killed? What the hell.

"Juror 2 [...] He said he follows Mr. Trump's former fixer, Michael D Cohen, who is expected to be a key witness, on social media. But he also said he follows former Trump aeciser Kellyanne Conway. He said he believed Mr. Trump HAD DONE SOME GOOD FOR THE COUNTRY adding "IT GOES BOTH WAYS."

Ffs. So do we hold they are a deluded enlightened centrist who has been living under a rock for years, which seems unlikely, or a Trump supporter?

Who cares? What are you gonna do about it?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Diogines posted:

One of the guys who voted to convict Trump in the rape case got his news from Tim Pool and was absolutely a Trump voter.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Tesseraction posted:

Translated: "successfully herded cats."

I used to captain/manage a beer league softball team and I tried to argue that that gave me enough experience for when I applied for a supervisor position at my workplace. HR didn't bite.

gregday
May 23, 2003

The fact that jurors have to come into the trial impartial is a fundamental flaw in our system.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Delta sqad rules

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

mutata posted:

Complain about it on the Internet, obviously.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mutata posted:

Cancel my subscription! As soon as someone offers a better crossword >_>

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Dalmuti posted:

Delta sqad rules

Love my fellow Deltards.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Diogines posted:

Complain about it on the Internet, obviously.

Ah, well, carry on then!

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Nervous posted:

Love my fellow Deltards.

I think you can get a hames only sub

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Look I was around when Jon Stewart said Comedy Gold once on the Daily Show back in the day and the PROVED he was a goon for like 90 pages of discussion on GBS. Also I'm pretty sure I'm famous because I was briefly in Goonswarm and someone there died in Benghazi so I'm super political. Also I remember the thread that created Slenderman. I can claim with certainty that no member of these forums could ever be impartial.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Fully jury + alternates have been seated. Opening arguments will be on monday.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Didn't the judge just tell the media to stop reporting on the jurors???

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Schubalts posted:

no

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Schubalts posted:

He told them to be more responsible and then specifically forbade them from reporting on the person's occupation both current and former.

So obviously the NYT decided to Air Bud there way into a juror getting executed.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Tesseraction posted:

He told them to be more responsible and then specifically forbade them from reporting on the person's occupation both current and former.

So obviously the NYT decided to Air Bud there way into a juror getting executed.

Why aren't jurors anonymous to begin with in any legal proceeding? At best, there is no benefit to the jurors being identifiable, and at worse, they end up getting harassed and threatened as we're seeing now with what Trump and the media are doing.

E: I'm referring to public anonymity. The court would need to preserve their names for record keeping, obviously.

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice
AP:

NEW YORK (AP) — Emergency crews rush away person on stretcher after fire extinguished outside court where Trump jury was just selected.

What on earth?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Pappyland posted:

AP:

NEW YORK (AP) — Emergency crews rush away person on stretcher after fire extinguished outside court where Trump jury was just selected.

What on earth?

I may be eating the onion here but I’m seeing it was a self immolation!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I may be eating the onion here but I’m seeing it was a self immolation!?

He should stop, I don't think Rage Against the Machine is making any more albums.