Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

From jury selection

Probably a good strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
lol at setting yourself on fire for a man who would absolutely not acknowledge your existence as a separate entity enough to even begin to entertain the concept of pissing on you. loving wild stuff that these people are giving their lives, freedoms and fortunes for a laboratory-grade purestrain conman without a single molecule of concern for their wellbeing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Charlz Guybon posted:

One of the guys who voted to convict Trump in the rape case got his news from Tim Pool and was absolutely a Trump voter.

And yet Trump wasn’t convicted of rape, so I guess it wasn’t enough.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I’m getting reports that Donald Trump has set himself on fire as a protest against US arms sales to Israel?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I’m getting reports that Donald Trump has set himself on fire as a protest against US arms sales to Israel?

Correct, upset over the fact that the profits are not going to his legal fund.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1781373546297749865

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Lol trump farting

Heres a link to guy on fire.
Well not the actual video, which seems to be out there.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/live-blog/trump-hush-money-trial-day-4-live-updates-rcna145937#rcrd39487

e:Just accidentally saw the video of the dude on fire while looking for more news on Trump farting, it was pretty terrible.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 19, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are we sure the guy was protesting the trial? That place has the highest concentration of media in the country if not the world right now, you could try to draw attention to anything there

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
e: upon further review this was lovely

Tayter Swift fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 19, 2024

Independence
Jul 12, 2006

The Wriggler

Even if it's not true, let Gaseous Clay get all the airtime he wants debunking this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

And yet Trump wasn’t convicted of rape, so I guess it wasn’t enough.

He couldn't be due to the difficulty in prosecuting that so long after. Judge Kaplan specifically wrote a ruling saying that Trump was found liable for what is commonly understood to be rape in layman's terms.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

OgNar posted:

Lol trump farting

Farting in public with aggressive eye contact is going to become a badge of chud solidarity. Dumbest or funniest timeline not sure.

Caros
May 14, 2008

OgNar posted:

Lol trump farting

Heres a link to guy on fire.
Well not the actual video, which seems to be out there.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/live-blog/trump-hush-money-trial-day-4-live-updates-rcna145937#rcrd39487

e:Just accidentally saw the video of the dude on fire while looking for more news on Trump farting, it was pretty terrible.

No, you got the right news. This was less self-immolation and more accidental gas explosion.

Seriously though, what the gently caress. I guess the leopard can't eat your face until it is cooked.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nah, public farting is already the signature move of RFK supporters

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
This is how Trump has survived all these years despite having a stressful life and terrible diet. His highly efficient napping and farting system can refill his energy cells like a battery.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tesseraction posted:

He couldn't be due to the difficulty in prosecuting that so long after. Judge Kaplan specifically wrote a ruling saying that Trump was found liable for what is commonly understood to be rape in layman's terms.

Oh yeah, Kaplan did the best he could, but it definitely doesn’t have the same effect on Trump as a rape conviction.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Please keep posts in this thread on-topic, regarding Trump legal troubles and information about such. There are multiple other places on this site where one can joke around about former president Trump.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

So the Trump complaints of "It's too cold!!" was just code for him trying to get the air circulation bumped up then.

gregday
May 23, 2003

zoux posted:

From jury selection

Probably a good strike

He also said he gets his news from the NY Post.

It’s a good strike.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
The self-immolation had no relation to the trial. The person in question was protesting what they believe to be an impending global coup.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

gregday posted:

He also said he gets his news from the NY Post.

It’s a good strike.

Definitely. I know a few folks in their 50s and 60s who refuse to give up their flip phones. They are all ultra maga.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Vorenus posted:

The self-immolation had no relation to the trial. The person in question was protesting what they believe to be an impending global coup.

That is legit sad. I was hoping it would be a trumple since at least then some level of good might have come about seeing the total lack of fucks given by trump. This guy will be forgotten before dinner.

More related to the topic, looks like they are back for some book keeping and small motions. Case starts in earnest on Monday.

Five days to pick a jury in a presidential felony trial feels crazy fast but it looks like New York sort of just is that way compared to some other states where it can drag on forever.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
City the size of NY you are gonna get some mentally ill dude trying something to get attention.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Vorenus posted:

Is that real or a joke?

I mean:

“As it turns out, dozens of the writers of The Simpsons went to Harvard. So I asked myself the question: If The Simpsons served the interests of organized crime, how would it do so?

Well, it offers a dysfunctional family suffering from moral decay, a community incapable of solving its problems, a worker drone who slaves away for an evil billionaire, and cathartic laughs for our poor collective circumstances.

There are some notable specifics as it relates to this research, too: In Marge vs. The Monorail, the townsfolk are too oafish and divided to invest in the town’s needs (fix Main Street) and fall for the charms of a dazzling showman with a bogus monorail Ponzi scheme. When we know that the show is closely linked to an organization that invests billions of dollars in Ponzi factories, this becomes quite damning.

In Lisa the Iconoclast, Lisa discovers that town founder Jebediah Springfield was a ...”

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Is that real or a joke?

I mean:

“As it turns out, dozens of the writers of The Simpsons went to Harvard. So I asked myself the question: If The Simpsons served the interests of organized crime, how would it do so?

Well, it offers a dysfunctional family suffering from moral decay, a community incapable of solving its problems, a worker drone who slaves away for an evil billionaire, and cathartic laughs for our poor collective circumstances.

There are some notable specifics as it relates to this research, too: In Marge vs. The Monorail, the townsfolk are too oafish and divided to invest in the town’s needs (fix Main Street) and fall for the charms of a dazzling showman with a bogus monorail Ponzi scheme. When we know that the show is closely linked to an organization that invests billions of dollars in Ponzi factories, this becomes quite damning.

In Lisa the Iconoclast, Lisa discovers that town founder Jebediah Springfield was a ...”

This has all the hallmarks of schizophrenic thinking.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s a product of disordered thinking, “real” and “joke” aren’t really labels that apply

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Looks fairly normal schizophrenic rambling to me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yep that right there is a classically schizophrenic piece of work. Poor guy.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Is that real or a joke?

I mean:

It's a kind of free association that's seen sometimes in schizophrenia. He believes that cryptocurrency and politics are both evil conspiracies. Since a bunch of cryptocurrency people and politics people went to Harvard, he decides Harvard must also be part of the conspiracy. Since some Simpsons writers went to Harvard, he decides the Simpsons must be part of the conspiracy too. Since the Simpsons is a piece of popular media, he decides that all popular media must be part of the conspiracy too. And so on.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

New York AG says $175 million Trump fraud bond isn’t properly backed, should be voided

quote:

The New York Attorney General’s office on Friday asked a judge to effectively void a $175 million bond posted by former President Donald Trump to secure a much larger monetary damage award in his civil business fraud case as he appeals the judgment.

The AG’s office in a filing said that Trump and other defendants in the case had failed to show there is enough identifiable collateral to back the bond for the judgment in Manhattan Supreme Court.

The filing notes that the surety Trump used to obtain the bond, Knight Specialty Insurance Company, is “a small insurer that is not authorized to write business in New York and thus not regulated by the state’s insurance department, had never before written a surety bond in New York or in the prior two years in any other jurisdiction, and has a total policyholder surplus of just $138 million.”

The filing opposes a joint motion by Trump and KSIC to justify the insurer as the surety company holding the bond.

Lawyers for AG Letitia James asked Judge Arthur Engoron to require Trump and other defendants to put up a replacement bond within seven days of ruling on the issue. James’s lawsuit against Trump led to the massive civil judgment against him.

A hearing on the bond dispute is set for Monday.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Apparently they're asking to give him another week after it is voided to take another swing at the teeball.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Would be great if Trump managed to gently caress up the free gimme the appellate court gave him with the substantial discount in his bond by being pathologically incapable of not trying to defraud someone.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

If Trump decides again to speak audibly in front of the jury, the Judge should threaten to swear him in and put him on the stand so he can say his peace and then be cross examined.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

duodenum posted:

If Trump decides again to speak audibly in front of the jury, the Judge should threaten to swear him in and put him on the stand so he can say his peace and then be cross examined.

Sworn in on a Trump bible of course.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

OgNar posted:

Sworn in on a Trump bible of course.
It's upside-down so it doesn't count.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Caros posted:

Apparently they're asking to give him another week after it is voided to take another swing at the teeball.

So how far have they managed to "One Weird Trick"'d this can down the road from the initial due date? We're at least a month and change, right?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

thermodynamics cheated

C. Everett Koop posted:

So how far have they managed to "One Weird Trick"'d this can down the road from the initial due date? We're at least a month and change, right?

yeah it has to be said on an objective level: this poo poo worked. it has been 56 days since the judgment and by now he will have gotten by for two whole months post judgment without Letitia James having any right to start property and asset seizure using these clownshoes tricks

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Tesseraction posted:

Which would be impressive for a man who famously doesn't drink because he's terrified he'd die like his big brother.

Might be hepatitis though, inshallah.
"doesn't drink"*
he obviously does, we've seen him with champagne.
but he also drinks a ton of diet coke.
wasn't kennedy's "youthful tan" the result of kidney medication?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
It has worked to an extent, but if he can't pay the appeal bond, then it will have backfired on him big time. Because if he just paid it correctly, then he'd be safe until the actual appeal in like six more months. If he can't pay it then all he did was delay judgement a little bit. Which is a win, but not one he seems to be able to leverage to hide his assets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Kchama posted:

It has worked to an extent, but if he can't pay the appeal bond, then it will have backfired on him big time. Because if he just paid it correctly, then he'd be safe until the actual appeal in like six more months. If he can't pay it then all he did was delay judgement a little bit. Which is a win, but not one he seems to be able to leverage to hide his assets.

Yeah, feels like all this really does is buys him time to ACTUALLY get the bond money together. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I'm betting interest is still accruing with all this mess and it's not exactly buying him any points with ANY party that actually controls his money right now.