Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Did I hear that right

A truck filled with shredded ballots in Georgia intercepted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Oracle posted:

I’d say the president needs to have the freedom to speak frankly to his legal advisors and throw up hypotheticals

Rosen, Clark and Donoghue at least were not 'his' legal advisors, though, or at least their jobs were not to represent Trump, despite what he thought.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This is probably just gonna be a wet fart, isn't it?

She's the one who named names in her Committee interview regarding which senators and reps asked for pardons. She knows things.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ALWAYS WITH THE CROWD SIZES

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Welp. Trump knew exactly what they had in mind.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ALWAYS WITH THE MILLERS

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Archonex posted:

No wonder she needs a protection detail.

ngl I'm having trouble garnering up sympathy for someone who willingly served some of the most wretched people in politics.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Georgia is making moves today, subpoenaing Rudy, Graham, Eastman et al.

https://twitter.com/stphnfwlr/status/1544378977648885760?s=21&t=mcYbp0cLrBqxD52_Wm5Psw

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

mdemone posted:

Ooooh I might almost trade Trmup for that

Swap stone out for Stephen Miller and that may be a deal.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Uglycat posted:

Hey, if there a legal path to a death penalty for Trump?

No, just Steve Bannon.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Hm. Not sure what to make of this other than I'd be surprised if they said no to this.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1545435416492249089?s=21&t=TPZMR2xFpAR_jjvF1MuFiA

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Would be surprised if they haven't already squeezed him for everything already though.

He's apparently pled the fifth to the Committee so far.

But that's the rub, isn't it? In a way the live broadcasts aren't that much of a legal proceeding in that the Committee itself isn't gaining new information from it -- that's all been extracted well before the live hearings so they're legally redundant. Their impact is in disseminating information to the public, goading others into testifying, and if witnesses decide to perjure themselves live then that's just great.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

But they have though. And they keep scheduling new poo poo based on the things they're uncovering.

I'm not sure why you'd say that they're not uncovering anything new. They've postponed and rescheduled more than a few hearings based on new info coming out, no?

Just one example: the documentary film that no one had seen prior. A lot of it is new to me anyway and I watched 1/6 unfold on live streams without any sort of media filters. Can you elaborate?

I mean the public, live on C-SPAN would not be revealing any new information to the J6 committee, because they learned it weeks or months ago behind closed doors. The public sessions are to inform, well, the public, via carefully drawn up questions which leave no wiggle room, not least because they have the tapes from when witnessses were questioned earlier.

Whatever information they are going to get from Pat, they learned it today during today’s 8+ hour chat. We’ll get the good poo poo later in the public hearing.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Seems like they're getting desperate to find some way to derail the hearings. I can't imagine anyone alive is stupid enough to think bannon wants to help them. Susan Collins maybe, but she's not being allowed anywhere near this.

there is literally zero chance that bannon wants to help the committee

Neither did Hutchinson. As far as I know everyone who has testified so far is an irredeemable ghoul, except Lady Bird and her daughter. It's even run by ghouls apart from Mr. Thompson!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Randalor posted:

I think the issue is that Bannon and the other rear end in a top hat are wanting to give live depositions, rather than private ones that are taped and then requestioned in front of the committee, so it'd be impossible to know what they'll say, and with little-to-no filter. Bannon COULD be looking at his options, and a likely lengthy jail sentence for a man who gleefully threw him under the bus and decided to throw Trump under the bus first. Or he could be looking at it as an opportunity to try to discredit the Hearings and show his loyalty to his Furhur.

I don't think the Committee would be willing to drop the contempt charge if he refuses to do a taped disposition. The subpoena is on their terms, not his.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i suspect we have audio or some poo poo at this point.

This is coming after the Cipollone disposition. Maybe he recorded some meetings?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I guess this will be a bit of a test of our theories about putting these assholes on live TV.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
:siren:Trump is not an impressionable child:siren:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Oracle posted:

And here's all that 'crazy red yarn theorycrafting' tweet thread that that guy posted earlier up the thread. Women's group mentioned in the tweet moved their 'day of prayer' from a few days after inauguration to Jan 6 after the tweet.

That was a different women's group, Women for a Great America. Totallllllly different.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Oooooh yeah that reminds me, depose the gently caress out of @jack plz.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ngl showing up to your deposition zoom call in a regan/bush t-shirt is a move

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Popete posted:

Michael Flynn is there anything you weren't involved in?

Fifth

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

"trump is supposed to order us to capitol at end of speech"

I thought we knew ahead of time he planned on walking to the Capitol. We laughed at him when he didn't.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Burn in Hell, Stephen Miller.

Burn in Hell.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Xiahou Dun posted:

Wait the Oathkeeper dudes haven't even started talking yet.

Holy poo poo the witnesses haven't even testified and I need to chain smoke and take a nap already.

It would be very funny if this whole session went without the committee talking to them once, just making that guy sit there with whatever the gently caress t-shirt he's wearing.

Maybe not a good idea, but very funny.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

All the racism he was cool with. But Holocaust denial was a bridge too far.

Dude's got loving Nordic runes on his knuckles.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Bolton
Priebus
Sessions
The motherfucking Mooch

Jesus, what a rogue's gallery

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Beyond "you, the viewer" they're also talking to Mark Meadows, Banon, the Trump family and everyone else involved who hasn't cooperated yet. We all know what they did, especially now.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Sounds like his mind is filled with thots and prayers

the gently caress is a tho— maybe I’m better off not knowing

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
lol of course the BMOC has covid

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
did he say this is it until september?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Vibes here that the Committee is making it clear that there's no fall guy. It's Trump.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
ahahahaha

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Can’t wait for the campaign ad showing that Hawley is running from Congress

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Jeeeeeeeesus

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
This loving rear end in a top hat is Buck Turgidson come to life

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Rigel posted:

Nothing new really, they just tried to lay it out as clearly and unambiguously as they possibly could for the casual prime time audience, that there is no fall guy, there is no one else to blame, everyone in the world was telling Trump to call off the mob, and he made the deliberate decision to refuse. And when he finally told everyone to go home, they clearly made the case that the ONLY reason he did that was because he found out that congress was secured, the guard was coming, and that the police were starting to win the battle, so he knew that his coup attempt failed. It was then and only then that he reluctantly told everyone to go home.

I don't know if it was made explicit, but the mob left the Capitol as soon as he told them to go home, only because he told them. Three hours of rioting he provably could have stopped at any time.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
To be fair Cippolone didn't throw Trump under the bus until Hutchinson just about threw him under the bus. He'd be facing contempt charges with Bannon if she hadn't testified.

Another reminder that Hutchinson is still a ghoul like the rest of them

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Say what you will about Bannon but he's a man of his convictions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
He's still in contempt, right? Like he could be charged again today?