Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
This thread and lots of conversation with my wife finally motivated me to get a vasectomy done. The biggest hurdle over the last year was getting the time off work because I have a very labor intensive job with lots of walking and climbing. The vacation schedule just came out, and I've got a week off in April so here's hoping we can make it happen! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Just finished getting mine done about twenty minutes ago. I did a bunch of research and picked a guy that's known locally for being very efficient with his procedures. I was in and out of the office in less than an hour from the time I was called back. Only three more months and one more test until I can finally hush that little paranoid corner of my brain that always says "but what if the condom breaks?"

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Paying extra to choose your own date? WTF kind of office are you going to?

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
I didn't get any blood in my ejaculate until my sixth or seven orgasm (after waiting a full seven days for recovery) and even then, it was definitely old stuff and was pretty low in quantity.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
I moved around a bit the following week, but stayed at home because I have a fairly physical job. There's a part of my job where I can get on and off (slow) moving vehicles, but after trying it once and feeling like I just got hit in the nuts, I asked my driver for a full stop in all the places I usually don't, just for a day or two. He knew what was up, and was perfectly fine with it.

I'm now three months post vasectomy and I haven't had any issues aside from being slightly more sensitive to getting hit in the nuts. I'm hoping to get a sperm sample analysed a week from today.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Well now I'm curious because I haven't heard this alleged rule of two. My doctor just wanted one test 90 days post op and it came back with no sperm. I, uh, studied quite a bit for this test, but I've read conflicting reports on whether or not the number of ejaculations actually affects the sterility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

The worst part of my vasectomy experience was that the surgeon's assistant in the room was a cute girl about my age and I don't think I've ever been more shriveled up in my life.

Same. I'm not the kind of guy to flirt with a woman at work, but that doc very clearly employed a specific type of woman in his office and they were all exactly my type. :smith::respek::smith: