Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

my pick for retro anime is gundam seed. check it out at the local library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

what was the name of the naruto fansubbing group? they had their own big website with a ton of rules and were huge assholes, it was hilarious

edit it was dattebayo subs they were amazingly huge dickheads

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

yeah, a lot of fansubs and piracy were around a lot earlier than 06 on the internet. as insane as it sounds, there was a lot of just wholesale subbing efforts that were being ignominiously dumped to places like kazaa and limewire

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i remember having to watch a lot of getbackers at my friends house he stole off the internet

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

it does not hold up at all, but there might be nothing more oldschool anime than the ghost stories dub