Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Malsangoroth posted:

Alright, I've done it, finally lined up my late 80s / early 90s power hour watchlist. Ninja Scroll, Cyber City Oedo 808, Wicked City, Gunbuster, Iria Zeiram, Dirty Pair, Bubblegum Crisis. Gonna hunker down and watch this good poo poo within the week.

Where’s Armitage III?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

This is exciting! Smart timing too - there's a TON of UY hype because they're running a new 2022 UY this year. Lum's hair is finally gonna look like a space oil slick! Could be good, could make me grumpy, we shall see.

I'm doing an Escaflowne rewatch right now and holy poo poo I forgot how very good the animation, music, and overall world building are in that show. Still wins weirdest final villain award IMO.

Hitomi having gravity powers does explain a lot of things that happen near the begining of the series.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Escaflowne got off relatively light compared to what happened Card Captor Sakura.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

sb hermit posted:

tbh, I secretly wanted cardcaptors to be successful despite the butchering since I feel CLAMP never really got that wide western audience that I feel they deserve.

Then again, it's still a monkey paw wish

Yeah, and there were some things in CCS that the removal of made for a better story I'm sorry Clamp, but no, not all love is valid.:pedo::barf:, but Sakura being the main character was not one of them.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

I tried watching it as a big Slayers fan and I remember bouncing off it pretty hard. It didn't have Slayers' spark.

That's my experience as well, as "a story set in one of the four parallel universes" in Slayers I had high hopes, but Lost Universe just didn't deliver. Looking at its wiki page it seems to have had its share of production woes, so maybe the story could be redone better. Did the the other two ever get expanded on?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think prince of darkness was supposed to be the middle part of a trilogy and then the last part never got made.

This, and the first part is a Saturn/Dreamcast game that never got an English release.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Der-Wreck posted:

I’ve recently re-watched California Crisis and Riding Bean. Does anyone have some recommendations for fun action OVAs? I’ve seen Redline as well which was fantastic. I’d love more car chase stuff if it’s out there.

Gun Smith Cats to go with that Riding Bean?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

2040 was a weird series, the first half had good mech design and nothing resembling a coherent plot, and the back half had incoherent hardsuits and a decent plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

wdarkk posted:

Outlaw Star is high on my list of shows I wish there was more of.

Angel Links is the monkey paw granting this wish.