Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

digital penitence posted:

Wait, what’s this about bagged rotisserie chicken? I haven’t seen this at my Costco yet.

They're asking you to bag it up before you get into the rotisserie chicken now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Wait, what’s this about bagged rotisserie chicken? I haven’t seen this at my Costco yet.

That’s just in canada

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
nah its happening in seattle already too. Like the shoreline WA location is bagged as of the last time i was there.

Its less plastic used overall so technically somewhat more environmentally friendly. I guess baby steps in the whole grand scheme of eating tens of millions of factory farmed chickens and all that.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The bags are better for plunging your head into and ripping the chicken apart with your teeth like that one goon says he does

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
You gotta stab the chicken with the pointy end of the straw and it makes a mess, but at least it's easier to shake up

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

My local Costco (in SoCal) just made the transition from the containers to the bags last week, so it really is just a case of them using up their existing stock of containers first.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I haven’t been to the ‘co in a couple weeks because I’ve been sick, and I’ve heard there’s going to be cookies and cream Yasso bars on sale soon. Considering how much I like their mint chocolate chip bars I am extremely down for this, cookies and cream is one of my favorite flavors. Also the Incan corn, I love that poo poo at TJs. Looking forward to seeing what’s up once I finally shake this weird non-covid bug.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wait what do they give you? All I can imagine is hard clam shells that leak. Every local grocery chain I go to has had (razor sharp) hardish plastic bags for years in SoCal, every kind of grocery chicken get thrown in those from tenders to rotisserie

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Something like this.

It's all I've ever seen in my entire life. Everywhere.

Posters in this thread have complained about the leaking.

hmm, now that I think of it, I may have only ever gotten one rotisserie chicken in my life. Maybe 15 years ago.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 1, 2024

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

a sexual elk posted:

Wait what do they give you? All I can imagine is hard clam shells that leak. Every local grocery chain I go to has had (razor sharp) hardish plastic bags for years in SoCal, every kind of grocery chicken get thrown in those from tenders to rotisserie

I live in San Diego, and every local grocery store except for Costco switched to plastic bags for their roast chickens years ago.

They look like this:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They used to call me Hot and Handsy.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
From a few days ago in the SoCal location near us:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's the same great bird at the same low low price. the bag changed nothing about it other than making it easier to carry and less likely to spill on the way home. another home run from costco delivered directly to club members

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Chicken bags are superior in every way to chicken shells.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Do you prefer your chicken shell-on or shell-off?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Something like this.

It's all I've ever seen in my entire life. Everywhere.

Posters in this thread have complained about the leaking.

hmm, now that I think of it, I may have only ever gotten one rotisserie chicken in my life. Maybe 15 years ago.

Get a rotiss’. Eat some chicken as a couple meals. Strip the remaining meat and make enchiladas for a couple meals. Makes the bones into stock and make Tom kha gai as a couple meals.

Tumbleweed Hank
Jul 27, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Do you prefer your chicken shell-on or shell-off?

Shell-on chicken provides a convenient holder for chicken bones when I shred (and eat half of) the chicken like some sort of poultry goblin.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
:canada: goons does the 2% cash back on the executive thing work on gasoline, propane, and tire changes? might be worth upgrading if so

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

From a few days ago in the SoCal location near us:

it's kind of funny they made a huge deal about changing over to bags for the rotisserie chicken and then start selling wings in clamshell boxes anyway

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
feel like wings see like 1/5th the volume of the rotisseries, what with the nutso price sustained for decades

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Went to my local Costco the other day and they're using those rotisserie chicken bags now. Around a quarter of them had popped open on the shelf, so if you're worried about spills you might want to consider putting them in a meat department bag or something.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
shrinkwrap the rotisserie chickens you cowards

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

Get a rotiss’. Eat some chicken as a couple meals. Strip the remaining meat and make enchiladas for a couple meals. Makes the bones into stock and make Tom kha gai as a couple meals.

:hmmyes:

My last one was turned into shio ramen and kimchi fried rice.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

bob dobbs is dead posted:

feel like wings see like 1/5th the volume of the rotisseries, what with the nutso price sustained for decades

It's a much bigger difference than that. You're selling 10 or 20 chickens for each wings clamshell.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Buttchocks posted:

shrinkwrap the rotisserie chickens you cowards

i want to eat the plastic bird

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
I got the costco golf clubs and holy moly that was a good investment. Taken zero strokes off my game because I am just bad but I absolutely smack big drives now and thats all anyone cares about anyway.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

getting dinner on my way to buy a 3 pack of gas masks

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Beer Gay So What posted:

I got the costco golf clubs and holy moly that was a good investment. Taken zero strokes off my game because I am just bad but I absolutely smack big drives now and thats all anyone cares about anyway.

I would love a Costco Driving Range

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Soul Dentist posted:

great time to bring back the pneumatic tubes for ball return!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beer Gay So What posted:

Kirkland brand golf clubs??

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Isn't there a weird story behind the Kirkland golf clubs? Like the golf industry tried to conspire to blacklist anyone selling to Costco or something.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Lamenting that my Kirkland booze selection rotates and never seems to get anything back after its first order. I missed the XO Honduran rum and 17 year Speyside. I saw the lowland scotch there and decided to jump on it.

I really wish they’d get that Kirkland Islay because a rusty nail with Laphraoig is just too pricey to run all the time.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

pentyne posted:

Isn't there a weird story behind the Kirkland golf clubs? Like the golf industry tried to conspire to blacklist anyone selling to Costco or something.

There was a brand that was pissy with Costco for selling their club for cheaper than they wanted them to

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Soul Dentist posted:

Costco sells Topgolf gift cards

pentyne posted:

I think they got accused of selling grey market clubs by some manufacturer but I don’t think they were rebranded

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Weembles posted:

They look like this:

This is called a "bachelor's handbag" here in Australia and the qualities of each chains chook is a robust public discussion, Costco's is middling.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Costco sells Topgolf gift cards

I think they got accused of selling grey market clubs by some manufacturer but I don’t think they were rebranded

https://www.scrippsnews.com/business/company-news/taylormade-accuses-costco-of-stealing-its-golf-club-patents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

pentyne posted:

The PGA Champion in 1997 exclusively used Kirkland clubs but Kirkland refused to pay the PGA advertising fees so they only showed him from far away during televised events and then 3 months after he won he was “mugged” which resulted in him being shot 13 times and his wallet was found on the ground next to his body and there wasn’t a single thing in it except a Costco membership card.