Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
prediction ive been making for years: the straw hats will do a davy back fight vs shanks crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
One Piece!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

One Piece is good and real and my friend.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Terper posted:

What will Chopper's new bounty be?

Back down to 50 because the WG thinks he's old and decrepit now

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yohoho he took a bite of nika nika

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

scary ghost dog posted:

prediction ive been making for years: the straw hats will do a davy back fight vs shanks crew

60 chapters into this arc there will be a reveal that shanks has been getting backroom coaching from foxy. he charges by the hour and then uses his fruit on himself to make the time go by quicker.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
D-U-D-E Yamato's not shy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is this 'that place' I've been hearing about?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
█▀█ █▄░█ █▀▀
█▄█ █░▀█ ██▄

█▀█ █ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀
█▀▀ █ ██▄ █▄▄ ██▄

█ █▀
█ ▄█

█▄▄ ▄▀█ █▀▄
█▄█ █▀█ █▄▀

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Really excited for 8 more years of One Piece yall

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Bedlam posted:

Really excited for 8 more years of One Piece yall

I'm sick of this doomsaying about Oda rushing to the end :mad:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

We're at one of the most exciting points of One Piece. Next week there will be a completely new adventure! For the first time in 10 years we have no idea what island the Strawhats are heading for!

I can't wait to see what kind of fantastic new island Oda comes up with next!

Unless of course we cut away to news of the world. That would be really exciting too!

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I love One Piece!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One Piece

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Give me Buggy viewpoint

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So the main guy’s made of rubber? How’d that happen?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yohoho it's more complicated than you'd think

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pureauthor posted:

Give me Buggy viewpoint

This is what I'm hoping for.

Let me see the Buggy-Crocodile-Mihawk work dynamic in action :allears:

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
the pirate comic is good, actually

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Doing an Enies Lobby reread and seeing pre-crisis Nami and Robin feels like being able to say that there are four lights.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Also doing a reread and I just know Wano Oda woulda given Tilestone and Freddie Mercury about 1 or 2 chapters worth of extra panel time. Paulie, maybe 5 or 6.

Edit: Last minute non-joining ally Sogeking would have gotten 20 additional chapters and a line of towel merch.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 22, 2022

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Yamato was done dirty.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Also doing a reread and I just know Wano Oda woulda given Tilestone and Freddie Mercury about 1 or 2 chapters worth of extra panel time. Paulie, maybe 5 or 6.

Edit: Last minute non-joining ally Sogeking would have gotten 20 additional chapters and a line of towel merch.

every member of cp9 would have gotten a seven chapter logn flashback each

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th only truly despicable thing last chpater was traffy being rude to chopper, which has earned him the sentence of death

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

i'd love this, or else some other combat-without-being-combat encounter btween them

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
They still need to make Films Blue, Yellow and Green, so of course One Piece can't end yet.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Fungah! posted:

th only truly despicable thing last chpater was traffy being rude to chopper, which has earned him the sentence of death

Can't believe he'd show such disrespect to a fellow doctor, possibly his only true peer on the island

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I'm excited to be going out to sea again!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, thinkin about it, do i care about who'd win in a fight between luffy nd shanks? sure, thatd be cool. do i care about who'd win in a janken tournament? or a meat eating contest between luffy and lucky roux? or a drinking contest between zoro and ben beckman? sniping contest between usopp and yasopp? bet your fuckin rear end i do

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dammerung posted:

I'm excited to be going out to sea again!

The Sunny is suddenly caught by a giant who immediately takes them to Elbaf

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Terper posted:

The Sunny is suddenly caught by a giant who immediately takes them to Elbaf

As long as the giant isn't taking them back to Wano, I am okay with it!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Just realized we're actually about to use a log pose again! Some fun facts to make you feel old:

2006: Last time the crew locked on to an island they went to.
2010: Last time they arrived at an island using the log pose.
2012: The triple log pose was introduced, but was never successfully used to reach an island.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Fungah! posted:

I know that it may be upsetting, but if you look more closely at the original wording of the japanese version, you can more clearly tell that he was simply being, "tsundere"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i hope they go to the moon and befriend enel

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
One piece is fun and good, I'm happy I caught up some ways into want after years of not paying attention to it. Reading week-to-week is a great way to experience this.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Here for the end.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
The original Joy Boy was a clown just like my hero Buggy and he actually wore the big hat on his clown nose

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sub Harrison posted:

2012: The triple log pose was introduced, but was never successfully used to reach an island.

I love that Smoker went to the worst possible island because he figured that this was where Luffy would go... and he was right! It's just that Luffy managed to find an even worserer island first!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

i hope they go to the moon and befriend enel

That's in the sequel mecha manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i really hope these last few years are more like the sambody reef to timeskip stretches. Just shorter, high-tension arcs one after the other.