Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

For a long time it was Yamato towel vs carrot cover. In a genre full of insane fan rivalries it continues to be a very potent division, imo even more heated than Zoro vs Sanji.

I bravely suggest Carrot and Yamato should both be Straw Hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Bring them both onboard along with Vivi and Carue (speaking of, where is that duck currently? I don’t think we’ve seen him since the Reverie)

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
Gaimon for straw hats or bust.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

blossommirage posted:

this is a correct opinion

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

blossommirage posted:

The correct option.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Im team yamato towel

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the only straw hats are the people that luffy asked to join the crew, and then joined the crew, and stayed.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

So not Jinbei then

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

So not Jinbei then

jinbei gets to be a straw hat because he did all those things eventually

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

scary ghost dog posted:

the only straw hats are the people that luffy asked to join the crew, and then joined the crew, and stayed.

Luffy never asked Robin to join the crew

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm still pissed off that Carrot and Wanda combined got their rear end kicked by Perospero, like it didn't even seem to be close.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Augus posted:

He did at Enies Lobby

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Augus posted:

Yeah, she was a stowaway at first and then at Enies Lobby she pretty much begged to join. Luffy never once put the offer out himself (though I suppose you could say he kind of did during the latter by prompting her to make the “I want to live” speech)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 26, 2024

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I kinda like that Perosperso is a lowkey super strong character. He is super lame, super creepy and sucks but drat that dude can make that power of his put in some work when he is not sucking.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Larryb posted:

Yeah, she was a stowaway at first and then at Enies Lobby she pretty much begged to join. Luffy never once put the offer out himself (though I suppose you could say he kind of did during the latter by prompting her to make the “I want to live” speech)

I want to live is when she officially joined the crew. once she said that they put their lives on the line and declared war on the government

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I want to live is when she officially joined the crew. once she said that they put their lives on the line and declared war on the government

Yeah I realize that (kind of like how Nami was part of the group for a while but didn't officially become a member until the end of Arlong Park)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

No Wave posted:

For a long time it was Yamato towel vs carrot cover. In a genre full of insane fan rivalries it continues to be a very potent division, imo even more heated than Zoro vs Sanji.

willfully ignorant of jinbei coin

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm still pissed off that Carrot and Wanda combined got their rear end kicked by Perospero, like it didn't even seem to be close.

I mean, he is essentially Big Mom's second-in-command, it makes sense that he would be super tough.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

He did at Enies Lobby

Pretty certain he only asked her if she wanted to live. Not join his crew. :colbert:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

So not Jinbei then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbgKFQXj6cU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJZuWpv6gqg

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Do you think that Joyboy had a crew and they vaguely matches up with Luffy's? Like Franky is the Iron Giant and Zunesha is Chopper?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

zunesha was in the crew, ancient robot was in the crew. and i think oars was on the crew. just waht i think

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
thinking on the Joyboy line from our Giant Robo friend. it is probably tied into the Zunesha plot point of forever wandering due to a past crime. who is also associated with Joyboy

did they do a bad thinking it was good?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh and the giant hat is obviously joy boy's. joy boy was v large like his crewmates zunesha, ancient robot, and oars

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

They almost beat him when they were in sulong form though. Like, he was on the ropes and Carrot turned back mid transformation. That's more than respectable for the two of them.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Honestly I imagine the One Piece is Rogers Treasure. But there's a literal giant one piece of golden ponegliff there.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

thinking on the Joyboy line from our Giant Robo friend. it is probably tied into the Zunesha plot point of forever wandering due to a past crime. who is also associated with Joyboy

Like they stopped taking out Imu and the elders thinking they were going to far or something.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

oddium posted:

oh and the giant hat is obviously joy boy's. joy boy was v large like his crewmates zunesha, ancient robot, and oars

world government pushes back against Big Pirate and somehow they're the bad guys??

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Actually thinking more about how strong the Elders appear props to Sabo on actually making it out of there, talk about plot armor. Where was his explanation of I saw 6 insane beasts?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe they were the ones who made the world a ocean

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

oddium posted:

zunesha was in the crew, ancient robot was in the crew. and i think oars was on the crew. just waht i think

makes sense

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
The one piece is just a chapter for every day and a complimentary “I farted” t-shirt.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

blossommirage posted:

correct

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I found the treasure of Laugh Tale... and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

One Piece is a core drill. but Roger did not have a robot to put it in. with Franky tagging along they've got the one missing part. And so kicks off Oda's mecha series, BIG EMPEROR 6, and we will finally get the true combination sequence we were denied all those years ago

Robin thinks it's embarrassing as a human being.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Larryb posted:

Carue (speaking of, where is that duck currently? I don’t think we’ve seen him since the Reverie)

Best part of a particularly mid game (OP: World Seeker) was Karoo being a summon-at-any-time mount who could auto-collect things by running by them and infinitely wall-kick up buildings or cliffs. Really just some next-level QoL.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

Reposting this absolute banger from a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sb4wxbHh-4

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Chapter 668: Luffy looks so drat excited to kidnap somebody

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Reposting this absolute banger from a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sb4wxbHh-4

I like that they brought this tune back for the recent anime end-of-episode segments with the Vegapunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

Chapter 668: Luffy looks so drat excited to kidnap somebody
Of course he's excited, it might be the most actually piratey thing he's ever done :v: