Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GaryLeeLoveBuckets posted:

I've got to start paying more attention to these diagrams, he showed us the sea level rising back in Wano.

goddammit oda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Luffy will save the world with a Gum Gum Plunger

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I've got to start paying more attention to these diagrams, he showed us the sea level rising back in Wano.

holy poo poo

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

roger was 30 years too early for climage change really taking off

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:sickos:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Oda can't keep getting away with this

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If I remember my One Piece lore right, the Red Line was actually constructed from a bunch of islands all mushed together.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think if the wg was aware of this problem they would have long since conquered every sky island. instead they just kind of ignore them.

the sky islands and sky people have to be way more important in the plot and setting than we're currently aware of, we never learned anything about enel's home country or any place besides skypeia and weatheria

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Knowing all this I think the big question is who's going to be the final big bad here: Imu or Blackbeard. On the one hand you have the century spanning evil organization that's behind all the bad poo poo happening in the world and has a blood grudge against all Ds. On the other you have the charismatic villain who wants to take over the world, has personal beef with Luffy, and has been built up for years. Now with this world flooding business I have to wonder how character motivations are going to change.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's no way the rising ocean and the fact that the ocean rejects DF users isn't related somehow, right? Like maybe the people of that one kingdom had the same aversion to water and the ocean was raised as an act of genocide

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regardless of what happens, based on his current trend I’m calling it now: Buggy will somehow become the world’s greatest hero by the end of all this

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
haven't finished the chapter, just got a massive :stare: at Sanji kicking an awakened elder. Sorry, Zoro fans, but your stocks are in the gutter and Sanjistocks are past orbit.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Weird long bomb call I'm gonna toss out - the ocean is rising because it's alive.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Flopsy posted:

Knowing all this I think the big question is who's going to be the final big bad here: Imu or Blackbeard. On the one hand you have the century spanning evil organization that's behind all the bad poo poo happening in the world and has a blood grudge against all Ds. On the other you have the charismatic villain who wants to take over the world, has personal beef with Luffy, and has been built up for years. Now with this world flooding business I have to wonder how character motivations are going to change.

I think Blackbeard, he excels at taking advantage of people at their weakest which points to him usurping Imu as the final villain, however and why ever that happens.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

MorningMoon posted:

haven't finished the chapter, just got a massive :stare: at Sanji kicking an awakened elder. Sorry, Zoro fans, but your stocks are in the gutter and Sanjistocks are past orbit.

ah but have you considered zoro couldn't even finish off the villain from 700 chapters ago and was struggling so hard that uncle fish had to come save his rear end

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

But how does this relate to Long Ring Long Land?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Jose posted:

You know I'm not really sure what I was expecting from the final line of that chapter but its just absolutely blown me the gently caress away how unexpected it was
I know, right? The best thing is it fits with everything. There are so many little hints towards it, and it feels like it fits perfectly with everything else. But in terms of a single simple sentence Vegapunk could say to throw the world into chaos, I would never have guessed. It's huge and shocking and incredibly congruent with the world we've spent over a thousand chapters exploring.

One Piece is so good.

Flopsy posted:

Still gonna be Blackbeard. Imu/the World Government are the final obstacle, but Blackbeard and Luffy (and Shanks and Buggy) are moving towards that obstacle in parallel. They will all break through it and only then will their paths converge, leaving Blackbeard the final antagonist.

What that might look like is a huge chaotic world changing battle with the World Government, leaving the world order in chaos. And then Blackbeard will swoop down, like he did at Marineford, to enact his own dark version of freedom on the world newly broken from its shackles, and Luffy will stop him.

It really makes no sense the other way around. Luffy beats Blackbeard, a personal and thematic foil, and then goes on to fight the faceless forces that order the world? Nah. That'd be anticlimactic.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/qjvgge/the_sea_level_of_one_piece_will_rise_or_has_risen/
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/15s8m1o/manga_spoilers_why_timing_is_probably_involved_in/

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Eiba posted:

Still gonna be Blackbeard. Imu/the World Government are the final obstacle, but Blackbeard and Luffy (and Shanks and Buggy) are moving towards that obstacle in parallel. They will all break through it and only then will their paths converge, leaving Blackbeard the final antagonist.

What that might look like is a huge chaotic world changing battle with the World Government, leaving the world order in chaos. And then Blackbeard will swoop down, like he did at Marineford, to enact his own dark version of freedom on the world newly broken from its shackles, and Luffy will stop him.

It really makes no sense the other way around. Luffy beats Blackbeard, a personal and thematic foil, and then goes on to fight the faceless forces that order the world? Nah. That'd be anticlimactic.

all three of them in a big davy back fight to control the big hat

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

mikeycp posted:

all three of them in a big davy back fight to control the big hat

One of the challenges involves the loach dance with nose chopsticks

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Potato Salad posted:

roger was 30 years too early for climage change really taking off

I think this is literally it though. There's some kind of Indiana Jones situation where the treasure and the lore of the void history are there, but until the sun hits the gem at the right angle to open the door, it doesn't mean anything. Except instead of the sun's angle on the right day it's the sea level somehow. What the actual payoff is, I don't know but it would tie a lot of plot threads together neatly.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

I had my own theory that Imu and the Five Elders were connected more closely than we think. Now I'm wondering if they behave like satellites of Imu almost like how Vegapunk and his satellites behave. Rough copies of the original that have their own personality and also embody a specific aspect of the original.

So Imu is basically Father from Fullmetal Alchemist?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ragnarokette posted:

I think this is literally it though. There's some kind of Indiana Jones situation where the treasure and the lore of the void history are there, but until the sun hits the gem at the right angle to open the door, it doesn't mean anything. Except instead of the sun's angle on the right day it's the sea level somehow. What the actual payoff is, I don't know but it would tie a lot of plot threads together neatly.

read the second link!! laugh tale is under water and there are tide cycles that take years to ebb and flow. there is a "lowest tide" that is caused by the moon hitting the perfect position on earth roughly every 18.6 years. because the WG caused consistent flooding. it's not the sun, it's the moon hitting the right angle on the right day.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 26, 2024

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Mraagvpeine posted:

If I remember my One Piece lore right, the Red Line was actually constructed from a bunch of islands all mushed together.

Oars was known as a Continent Puller

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

But who is The King of Red Lions in this scenario?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If Vegapunk is so smart because of how big his brain has gotten does that mean the giants and other big and tall types are smarter then they let on or are their brains disproportionately small? :thunk:

they want shady
May 11, 2013
amazing chapter

Meowywitch posted:

I heard Franky turned himself into a ship.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Took us a while to get here, but those last two pages hit perfectly :discourse:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Page 8 of Chapter 395 if anyone wants to go back to exactly where Robin flashes back to in this chap

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

now that we know the world is sinking I'm wondering whether the redline is natural or not

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caidin posted:

If Vegapunk is so smart because of how big his brain has gotten does that mean the giants and other big and tall types are smarter then they let on or are their brains disproportionately small? :thunk:

No Vegapunk was a genius on his own, but he also ate the Brain Brain Fruit which prevents him from ever forgetting anything, allowing him to learn things easily. However the brain constantly expands to store all the knowledge that is learned. Which is why the top of his head was cut off as it was just too inconvenient.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Meowywitch posted:

Turns out that One Piece has at least one great video game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

e: Also also During Vegapunk's confession, he makes a reference to "him" and says he can't speak on if they are good or evil. I'm pretty sure this is referring to Imu and indicates that Vegapunk is aware of his existence.

I think he’s just talking about his theoretical murderer there

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

Turns out that One Piece has at least one great video game
Branching off from my usual Pirate Warriors praise, the King of Red Lions is very fun to play as in Hyrule Warriors.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

anime was right posted:

read the second link!! laugh tale is under water and there are tide cycles that take years to ebb and flow. there is a "lowest tide" that is caused by the moon hitting the perfect position on earth roughly every 18.6 years. because the WG caused consistent flooding. it's not the sun, it's the moon hitting the right angle on the right day.

fml, I even read the first one when you posted that but not the second

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.

anime was right posted:

To add to that, when we saw the library of Ohara in Robin's backstory way back in chapter 392, it contained numerous books and just one other item: a giant orrery showing the planet and its moons. Exactly what you'd want if the precise timing of long-term tidewater cycles is important to your research.

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

Tau Wedel posted:

To add to that, when we saw the library of Ohara in Robin's backstory way back in chapter 392, it contained numerous books and just one other item: a giant orrery showing the planet and its moons. Exactly what you'd want if the precise timing of long-term tidewater cycles is important to your research.

Also, this concept was already shown with the millennium dragons breeding grounds

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i remembered when it was confirmed in wano that the sea level had risen so this wasn't a crazy twist more 'ah of course' but it still rules that we're finally getting to this sort of thing

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
ONE PIECE IS SO GOOD.

Something so simple and obvious but with so many implications because of what we’ve been told, it changes the way you think about so many things we do know…

Goda Goda Goda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Imagining Iceburg looking up at the tv and going "no poo poo dude" and changing it to a football game.