Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Saturn's No Good Very Bad Day is like one of the best parts of Egghead right now.

The Godhead of Science being reduced to smashing computers with a stick has been such a fun arc to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

If the mother flame is in fact a nuclear reactor that man is getting so much cancer right now. He gonna be like Deadpool sans the regeneration.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

If the mother flame is in fact a nuclear reactor that man is getting so much cancer right now. He gonna be like Deadpool sans the regeneration.

Good

they want shady
May 11, 2013
Chouchou!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Paper Lion posted:

this poo poo goes crazy

you can't say the mother flame is now in Uranus

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Kermit The Grog posted:

The First Pirate Joy Boy is actually the pirate mascot that's been on Jump since it started

I'm way into this and it seems like something oda would be tempted to do

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
…Huh. I didn’t realize the pirate logo was always there; I’d assumed it was added when One Piece became mega-popular.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Silver2195 posted:

…Huh. I didn’t realize the pirate logo was always there; I’d assumed it was added when One Piece became mega-popular.

Same for years, but no, he's been there on the cover since day one back in the late 1960s. I think he got a name recently like Journey or something. That's dumb but he isn't.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Terrible chapter because break week on this cliffhanger.

I am curious though if Doflamingo is going to come back into the story given how relevant his goals are to the inevitable endgame. He's been cut away to what, two or three times now, just to react to the news? If it was just once I would ignore it but Magellan also being there feels like another big hint at how he will end up back in the story.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
great ch give me more oda give me more!!!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
holy gently caress

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Just how much do the celestials know about the void century? Are they just in the dark as the rest of us? Maybe even moreso because sharla didnt even seem to recognize the void century at all. At least the humans on the surface are aware theres a gap! Since the CDs never leave Mary Gioese who knows what kind of history they get taught in school. Its not like any celestial is going to leave and confirm these things.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ragnarokette posted:

Terrible chapter because break week on this cliffhanger.

I am curious though if Doflamingo is going to come back into the story given how relevant his goals are to the inevitable endgame. He's been cut away to what, two or three times now, just to react to the news? If it was just once I would ignore it but Magellan also being there feels like another big hint at how he will end up back in the story.

The more relevant the lore the wider that spread eagle gets.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Just how much do the celestials know about the void century? Are they just in the dark as the rest of us? Maybe even moreso because sharla didnt even seem to recognize the void century at all. At least the humans on the surface are aware theres a gap! Since the CDs never leave Mary Gioese who knows what kind of history they get taught in school. Its not like any celestial is going to leave and confirm these things.

The average Celestial Dragons seem exceptionally spoiled, I can buy that for the majority of them nobody tells them anything because why even bother?

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I imagine it’s like going to Alabasta and asking about Captain Picard Day, they dont even know it exists. Do they even have schools?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How common knowledge is the Void Century anyway?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I imagine it’s like going to Alabasta and asking about Captain Picard Day, they dont even know it exists. Do they even have schools?

Oh im sure they do, but what they learn is way more interesting to me. They cant all be hedonistic, otherwise the caretakers who run thier society would have usurped them by now. We know there are driven and accomplished individuals like Figarland Garling so its not crazy to think theres a cadre of elite CDs who dont fall victim to hedonism, and maintain the sovereignty of Mary Geoise with thier strength. I used to think the Gorosei were those people, but im starting to think the Gorosei were traitors from the Ancient Kingdom, honestly.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Meme Emulator posted:

Just how much do the celestials know about the void century? Are they just in the dark as the rest of us? Maybe even moreso because sharla didnt even seem to recognize the void century at all.

Or, maybe, they don't know what a 'void century' is because they all know exactly what happened back then.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

To them it’s probably “The 100 Year Human Hunt” or something

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's an odd disconnect where imu and the elders coddle and pamper the celestial dragons to no end despite not seeming to care about them much. they're ancient immortal monsters, why should they care about such a useless bunch? it could be an odd cultural thing, but i think it's more likely that the dragons have a purpose that we have yet to learn. if so, they might also be unaware of it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress, One Piece is so loving good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ThingOne posted:

How it started:
How it's going:

lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i love luffy literally clowning on boar guy for dorry and broggy

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's an odd disconnect where imu and the elders coddle and pamper the celestial dragons to no end despite not seeming to care about them much. they're ancient immortal monsters, why should they care about such a useless bunch? it could be an odd cultural thing, but i think it's more likely that the dragons have a purpose that we have yet to learn. if so, they might also be unaware of it.

Having a bunch of people as a visible ruling class is absolutely useful for a secret cabal actually running the show from the shadows if people are more than willing to blame their misfortunes on them and not ask too many questions about who the giant shadow man is.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

ThingOne posted:

How it started:
How it's going:

lol

I love how incredibly dangerous this arc has shown the Elders to be and also kinda flailing around too

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The guy has giant spider powers, the fact that he's panicking so much he turned back into a human and started hitting everything he can see with a stick is hysterical.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The guy has giant spider powers, the fact that he's panicking so much he turned back into a human and started hitting everything he can see with a stick is hysterical.

Actually I don't think he has control over that. When he first breaks into the Mother Flame room he immediately winces and groans before turning back into a human. Straight up that thing is crazy radioactive and it's hurting him to such a degree he can't maintain that form. So now he's down to "ooga booga hit with stick" caveman tactics.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

If the mother flame is a very radioactive reactor then Vegapunk dying suddenly seems more to his advantage than before :v:

Also yeah Caveman Saturn is very funny.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I don't think we're getting it now but I'd loving love a joy boy flash back coming up

as for the world noble comment about the void century I doubt most of them are informed of stuff like that because there isn't really any need

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Plus, you don't want more people knowing Void Century than necessary.

If the Revolutionaries or a Yonkou somehow managed to get their hands on one of the World Nobles who knew and made them talk, then they would gain a lot of potentially damaging info. Better to just keep most of the nobles in the dark, as most don't seem to care anyway

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The skeleton horse guy still scares the poo poo out of me

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

The skeleton horse guy still scares the poo poo out of me

Says something when Oda decided the real horror movie monsters weren't going to be at Thriller Bark but the top of the world.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ThingOne posted:

How it started:
How it's going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1788736738590167050

ONE PIECE ROBLOX

ONE PIECE ROBLOX

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm sorry I'm so old I have no clue what Roblox even is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a machine that steals labor from children and tries to sell them boobs I think

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

I'm sorry I'm so old I have no clue what Roblox even is

it's a very easy-to-use game creation engine/distribution platform primarily aimed at kids, which has naturally led to a lot of perverse financial incentives for both the company that makes it and older people who realize they can manipulate young people into doing free or cheap labor for them

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Waffleman_ posted:

ONE PIECE ROBLOX

ONE PIECE ROBLOX

I wonder how many children worked unpaid child slave labor to make this

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Now Vegapunk has me wondering what Joyboy's civilization looked like. Actually, what did his ship look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

Now Vegapunk has me wondering what Joyboy's civilization looked like. Actually, what did his ship look like?