Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Fungah! posted:

i do thnk that even if the cp0 guy hadnt intervened kaidou would have won the clash and then probably gone gear 5 after, all cp0 did was really loving piss kaidou off

All the World Government did in general this arc is piss people off

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I'm giving the big hat the benefit of the doubt

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

How the heck did Mihawk go from being a "marine hunter" to working for the marines??

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

They probably harassed him a long time ago, he beat em up so he could have peace and quiet. Eventually he tried to join them to stop the harassment. Then things fell apart, and how he's being harassed again.

There's a better than 0% chance this is what happened.
I buy it, and it also aligns, since Mihawk's entire life through the span of the story is being bored and getting annoyed by people

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

mdct posted:

How did Zoro go from being the Pirate Hunter to being a pirate?
tbf we know that one

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I definitely took it as Kuma being 'programmed' to serve whoever he's around. He was handed off between World Nobles, after all.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If I were Crocodile, I simply would have used facts and logic to outwit Whitebeard
He just didn’t get enough prep time

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

We know for a fact they're going through Arlong Park, and I personally hope they do get to Loguetown. Buggy returning and the prophetic narration of that part are really when the scope and ambition of the story start to sink in.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

You can't lose what you never had :tipshat:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Viz translation actually calls them the Navy. But the title of the OP Wiki page is Marines, and most fans talk about them that way. It's a bit of a mess.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Endorph posted:

my proposal: i would have not sent sanji to an island of ugly trans people who want to molest him, and i would have given him ace's devil fruit in dressrosa instead of randomly making him able to make his legs on fire in enies lobby

does this mean sabo isn’t in the story, because if so link me your fanfic

Also give chapter

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Scholtz posted:

drat.... just realized Queen Elizabeth won't get to read the chapter tonight....

sucks to be her
It’s ok, I read that she wrote to oda and he told her the ending

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

luffy historically doesn't give a poo poo about royals unless they promise him food

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

”oh poo poo rayleigh! okay sir whatever you say I’ll de-escalate and get out of here”
“ty”
“oh but can I kidnap this marine captain is that cool”
“ya sure”

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Star Platinum posted:

Since when do we know this? Back when the Pacifistas first appeared on Sabaody it was pretty thoroughly established that they were identical to Kuma aside from his devil fruit power and the personality he still had back then. Since then we've learned that cloning technology exists and is connected to Vegapunk's research, I'd say it's almost certain that the old Pacifistas are straight up clones of Kuma.
In the fight on Saobody when they got damaged it was clear they were made of metal.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

RuBisCO posted:

Man I like, appreciate the details and all, but at this point the little scene with Yamato didn't give us any more information we didn't already assume and it only really twisted the knife more :sigh:

Rest of the chapter was good.

Really? I thought his originally given explanation for why he changed his mind kinda sucked, so I appreciated knowing it was a lie told to protect Momo’s honor, and he was actually just motivated to protect Wano.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Yamato wouldn’t get turned to stone because he’s acesexual :grin:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Is it actually a break week next? I need to know :negative:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I WANNA LIVE

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

That was the most buck wild chapter of One Piece in ages. God, I'm so hyped for the final saga.

There's a lot to discuss but I wanted to shout out the smaller moment of Zoro's advice about Sabo. They all gave him poo poo for it but I love when Zoro asserts his unnoficial-first-mate guidance like that and keeps Luffy grounded.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Talk about Enel leakage

:magical:

lih posted:

sabo surely has to survive this, but like, how lol
I mean, dude is made of fire. Wouldn't nothing unrelated to haki or seastone hurt him?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have no idea how even gear five Luffy is meant to stop that.
gum gum balloon

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

It turns out that aside from Foosha Village and Class Warfare Town, Luffy also hung out in a third location on Goa Island where he became friends with Stumpy

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I’ve started the weird practice of just reading the first line of spoilers to whet my appetite. Looking forward to this chap. :allears:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Don't know about you, but I'm ready to smell like adventure:

https://www.lush.com/uk/en/c/one-piece
Devil fruits and water? What a great combination!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Vegapunk's a Nami?!

I worry that if this is a clone or mech we're in for the original one being another pervy character.
Anyway, I'm guessing this will be a Zou-style "mind blowing avalanche of exposition" island that's more of breather going into the final saga. The crew doesn't even know what to do right now, since they have no leads on the last poneglyph.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 22, 2022

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Carpator Diei posted:

They're on Giant Robot Island, I'm fully expecting Franky to be one of the main characters of this arc.
I want to hope, but I thought the same thing about Zoro in Act 1 of Wano. After they told me all those years ago that he was "like a samurai"... :negative:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Eggplant Squire posted:

I miss Franky's old design.
:emptyquote:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

If this is Vegapunk straight up I'll be bummed cuz the design is kinda bland and I've been hyping them up in my head for like ten years

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but are cracked eggs a symbol of transgender identity? :confused:
egg is slang for someone who doesn’t know/admit they’re trans yet

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

this post makes me want a one piece RTS or grand strategy game
Big Mom, Kaido and Blackbeard have armies, and Shanks faction is just a squad of like 5 people that you micromanage

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Scholtz posted:

Quick, everyone name the arc we're currently on while hardly knowing anything about it.

You are not allowed to call it the Egg-head Island arc that's boring
Smoker Nakama Arc

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

What the hell did Vegapunk do to convince the WG to kill him?! He’s behind so much of their military power at this point. Seems suicidal to end that partnership

That said, I don’t feel exactly threatened by these three versus every SH and a bunch of sea kings…

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

I'm glad that there is a future where we get more giraffe combat

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Marluxia posted:

Ma-Lady is an A+ pun but I have to wonder how that even works in Japanese.
Yeah props to that fan translator. I foresee being let down by the official Viz pun.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Runa posted:

himselves
lol

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I Am Fowl posted:

I share a birthday with...

The sea king that ate Shanks' arm.
dang, that guy is yonkou level

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just wait until we meet the Seraphim that can use Sugar's fruit. poo poo this maybe the real reason Kuzan grabbed Pudding so she doesn't end up in the WG's hands.
Law just has to tell his pals that they can undo it by focusing real hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Film Red was kind of a hot mess but at least the music slapped. Did anyone watch the dub? I was wondering how well the music was handled. There were a lot of little teases, such as what is (presumably) Shanks' surname, CP0 being aware of and weirdly chill with SWORD (I thought it was like a secret rebel cell of Marines?) and Luffy outright saying that he wants to be the Pirate King to start a "new age" (I don't think he's ever said anything vaguely like that before aside from "I want people to be able to eat"??)