Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the wg was always worried robin would read the wrong poneglyphs and become a real threat. it turns out that meant lode poneglyphs. i don't think her personal strength really figures into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
croc's entire plan was based on him never getting into a serious fight again for the rest of his life.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
coby works for the wg. hancock automatically and rightfully loathes him the same as she does everyone else who serves the celestial dragons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
krieg is too mundane. he encountered a pretty straightforward threat (mihawk) and refused to believe it was real. the cardinal rule of the grand line is that poo poo gets weird, and krieg couldn't handle it. even if he took a few decades off to lift weights and grow, tree-like, until he was 20 feet tall (you know, as one does in OP) he'd still be hopelessly small minded.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm seeing double- 12 vegapunks!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
vegapunk is franky's first real competitor for biggest freak in op.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they were always going to elbaf, but now it ties into the main plot. it's the endgame, so probably no more random adventure islands.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is probably the least objectionable death fakeout. aokiji was always perfectly capable of disabling saul without killing him, while making it look fatal. he also had cause to do so.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Coby is obviously gonna be the Garp to Luffy's Rodger while he goes around causing trouble living his free life Coby is gonna have to deal with the effects and chase him down to please consider just settling down.

coby won't become garp because coby isn't a complete coward who is unwilling to stand up to authority.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it's supposed to be a joke by an alien who is unfamiliar with the concept of jokes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
bonney as a hostage to force kuma into compliance doesn't really make any sense. she was only captured by blackbeard and then the marines after kuma's personality was removed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
good, because it is an apple prosthetic skull.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was really funny because for some reason the entire story was mostly luffy going on and on about the absolutely unbreakable bond of family. also sanji's brothers are there. traversal and combat were total loving trash, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the sub-vegapunks survives.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think gin could have gone on to do something if he weren't still shackled to don krieg, the most small minded mofo on the sea. gin went into obscurity because that's the only place krieg could possibly go. jaya background character is a lofty height krieg can't ever reach.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if it was proximity based then most of impel down would have no reason to exist. the wg does not have access to whatever blackbeard's fruit harvesting cheat is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you have the sequence of events wrong. the fruit changed before smiley died.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
then re-read it, because that's not what happened. chapter 676.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's still moving and roaring at that point.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if no one knew what a specific devil fruit looked like or if it varied, then sure, okay. but there's the widespread book which contains the appearance of many different kinds of devil fruits so don't tell me no one ever tried experimenting with it. if it's that simple there's really no reason why the wg wouldn't have a monopoly on devil fruits. instead, their only additional supply seems to be based entirely on vegapunk's artificial fruits.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
those are all reasons for private groups to try and fail. then there is the wg, who have no respect for life, desire ever greater control, have access to a great deal of information about devil fruits throughout history, and capture pirates who have eaten fruits regularly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they wouldn't spread it around, no. but that's not a reason to not use this process themselves. for starters, they could have kept a barrel of dragonfruits under the execution platform to grab the fire fruit as they executed ace.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shame on you for thinking franky doesn't take cola seriously.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

Look at Franky, of course it does.

My dude can build a bridge in less than 10 seconds he's definitely on something.

well yeah, as we've already established. cola.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so what exactly did the alabasta poneglyph have to say about pluton, anyway? it wasn't the location, as was implied at the time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kaku is my favorite one piece villain. he's so goddamn funny without compromising his competence.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lucci's a true believer. he's seen all the ugliness of mary geoise first hand and he had absolutely no problem with any of it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's the start of a big chaotic mess with tons of players and stuff going on. oh, and random super technology just lying around all over the place! the situation they are in makes up for what lucci lacks as an opponent.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unlike lucci, kaku wasn't particularly cruel, but he didn't show any hesitation or remorse. he's a nice dude by the standards of his fellow ruthless enforcers of a corrupt government. that's not the same as being a nice dude.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
up to this point, there hasn't really been anything in this arc that luffy can't handle. so, i'm hoping that there's a blackbeard seraphim here. he was very briefly a shichibukai, after all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
chopper's alternate approach to awakening has pros and cons compared to the normal method. he doesn't get the characteristic incredible stamina and recovery rate the impel down jailors had. it's like bulking up without ever doing cardio. however, his personality was only ever temporarily suppressed. i think the jailors are stuck like that, closer to trained beasts than people.

however, chopper was flying blind. he had no idea what awakening was, much less zoan awakening. he didn't know what the goal was, just that he could tap into part of a greater power. that's likely changed since wano.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lucci calls it justice, but he means obedience to the state.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the quake fruit was essentially pure destruction. extending that to everything in his vicinity would likely have awful consequences for his allies. or maybe whitebeard was too old to handle it, or was so strong otherwise that he never needed to learn how.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really appreciate how incredibly mad lucci must be to have to fight a goofy living cartoon that he can't even touch. as nami said, that guy's the worst.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's an answer for why, not how.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno, has there been a member of the wg with conquerer's haki before? lots of armament and observation, but i can't think of any conquerers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kizaru isn't enel. being able to touch him is the bare minimum, not a crippling weakness.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zoan awakenings give you more staying power, not less. but then, luffy's fruit isn't exactly typical.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the specific form is ridiculous, but wishing you could combine his brawn and your brains is simple enough. it's the temporary possession fruit. the funk brothers combine the awe-inspiring powers of being kind of strong and kind of mean. if the two people using it were more impressive it might be something special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are lots of people in this world with ridiculous, impossible strength. it's just that bobby funk definitely isn't one of them.